WOW "Open" Beta

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Regardless you just know there's going to be a small army of manic depressent WoW fanatics tripping over each other to subscribe for the next few days.

But yeah, thats just a bit silly :)

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG <takes a breath> OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG <turns blue> OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ... wait, that is stupid.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
rofl, seems kinda illegal if u ask me

thought an "open" beta was meant to be "open" lol ie free to all and not something you pay for, by these dudes implying that by subscribing u get into the beta are they not in effect charging for something that WoW are offering for free?

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Hurray!

$ 15.95 for 7days beta testing :m00:

Only for North America tho

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Blizzard is as much to blame as fileplanet. Fileplanet probably paid a large sum of money to blizzard for this exclusive.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:
rofl, seems kinda illegal if u ask me

thought an "open" beta was meant to be "open" lol ie free to all and not something you pay for,

true...but if u read it ALL....it actually says

"Blizzard Entertainment and FilePlanet bring you the opportunity to participate in a one-week, North American World of Warcraft closed stress test beta"

note the word "closed"

tut some ppl :rolleyes:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
where the hell on the page does it even say open?!

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Am already a member of fileplanet so don't bother me.

And the stress test will be open to anyone in a few days.

If any of these graphic whiners join, i bet they change their mind once they play WoW.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Cyfr said:
Thats like something goa would do :p
DAoC beta was free, gorre is free when its open, so how you come to that conclusion?

Anyone think Blizzard are getting hard up for cash?

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Fact is this is not open beta, to quote the faq.

Once the stress test is over, will I be able to play in the beta?
This sign-up is only for the 7-day stress test. The beta test is completely separate and is taking place on different servers from the ones on which the stress test will be conducted. However, later in the year, Blizzard will hold an open beta test for World of Warcraft, and anyone with an Internet connection is invited to participate. Please do not contact anyone at Blizzard about the open beta test. Blizzard will post an announcement on their Web site when the open beta is ready to go live, so please check there periodically for more information.

The stress test is also free, its just people with subs get served first :p

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
gamespy sux...

it used to be company > customer

now its company > gamespy > customer

about anything they do sucks, if you startup a game and you read "POWERED BY GAMESPY" you can bet your ass on it that the ingame serverbrowser sucks ass....

inviteme

Fledgling Freddie
Beta is still free. that FP is trying to earn money by giving subscribers an advantage isnt that odd, after all 100k*2.3GB is alot of traffic to just give away :).

I guess blizz is doing this to shorten the OB period, and imagine the amount of hype created by 100k rabid fans that only gotten a 1-week fix :D. What IS interesting is that they mention OB later in 2004, for everyone with a internet connection, so hopefully Europe aswell :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom