WoW new screenies, looks cool

Robot

Fledgling Freddie

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
official screenshots from blizzard hum....
i bet theyre purposely made to look uber i mean
theyre advertising remember..
the onlyw ay to know for sure is to wait til it's released :|

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
I dont care if theyre paintbrushed....gifv WoW... >_<

/Dracus

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Such cartoon gfx, doesn't look very good imo.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, they just keep enforcing why I think WoW looks complete rubbish. :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
looks a bit like some playstation platformer

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Horrible, cartoony WoW characters... :rolleyes:

I think a lot of people are going to find WoW a huge disappointment!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
WoW seems to be going the same way as SWG, months of hype followed by a release of mass dissapointment.

Gameplay > Graphics
I still beleive DAoC has the best combo, and is getting better by the expansion.

Whos willing to put money on how many actually do migrate to WoW as they have said?

voskos

Fledgling Freddie
I have faith in Blizzard they have never ever dissapointed me this far :) WoW will make you wanna play it 24/7 like it or not :flame:

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
WoW still looks like a beaten up Donald Duck comic... :p

Guildwars looks kinda nice... have to read more about it! :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Whos willing to put money on how many actually do migrate to WoW as they have said?

Probably a handful, I can imagine the lack of PvP will definatly put a lot off. Myself while i'm looking forward to WoW I have no plans to get it imported, or become a part of the US community (especially after the whole 'Beta' fiasco - yes I know its not the whole community, but its still put me off)

Still enjoying DAoC and hopfully if I do decide to leave for WoW i'll be able to leave with fond memories, not bitter ones like a lot of people have been doing as of late. :)

Oh, and Teh Fnord Donald Duck rules and you know it :p

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Oh, and Teh Fnord Donald Duck rules and you know it :p
Ofc Donald Duck rules, but that doesn't mean that I wanna play a game that look like a beat up version of it! ;)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
Ofc Donald Duck rules, but that doesn't mean that I wanna play a game that look like a beat up version of it! ;)

Suuuuuuuuure you don't - I'll bet you don't want that 'RL' game-patch mod which lets you dig a naken supermodel out of jelly with your bare hands either :p

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
WoW in my opinion is very over hyped atm, just as most said a few months back that they were going to play SWG and never come back, quite a large number infact did come back because it was awful.

I see the same for WoW, most will play for about a month or so and will get bored, DAoC from my view still has a very long life ahead of it, although it will suffer population bashes now and again, its already had a fair few, the number of new players coming to DAoC out weighs the number of old players leaving it.

Cerberos

Fledgling Freddie
lol Damh WoW looks crappy:) Maybe they should make the chars look better instead of something pulled out of a comicbook.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
u hit, he hits, u hit, he hits... see u all back in DAOC, I mean World Of Warcraft.... how geeky can u get ? Will dice come with the game Or can i use my own?

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Seems to be a lot of "Grass is always greener" syndrome here. I came to DAOC pretty late (been playing maybe 8 months) and I'm still really enjoying it. Personally, I reckon Mythic have done a great job with the game, with lots of varied gameplay and challenges.

I think that WoW will surprise a few people and disappoint others, same as any game. Most of the problems people seem to have with DAOC stem from...ready for this?...playing games with other people. You take 2500 people and stick them somewhere, you'll get a variety of types of people. Losers, winners, niceguys, assholes...I don't think WoW is going to change that.

Plus there'll always be someone who has more time than you, better gear than you and more RP than you...same as IRL someone will have a better job, more money and better blowup-doll with WORKING ORIFICES. Live with it. There has to be some reward for putting those hours in.

If WoW (or any game) can contain a working asshole filter, then I reckon that it will become instantly the best MMORPG going and we can all head there and leave DAOC for dead. Well...I doubt I'll get in, but I might be able to watch someone else play it... :rolleyes:

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Suuuuuuuuure you don't - I'll bet you don't want that 'RL' game-patch mod which lets you dig a naken supermodel out of jelly with your bare hands either :p
That would be a good thing. :D A quasilookin Donald Duck thing would not.... that's my point. :p

Glorien

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm i like the way WoW looks, yes its a bit cartoony but they pull it off.

And with those RA changes in DAoC i think many people will see WoW > DAoC

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Glorien said:
Hmmm i like the way WoW looks, yes its a bit cartoony but they pull it off.

And with those RA changes in DAoC i think many people will see WoW > DAoC

why would people see an RA improvement that will actually bring a bit more diversity and balance something to leave the game about? plus ofc the re-designed frontiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom