WoW gets Game of the Year!

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Seems World of Warcraft has been given Game of the Year at Gamespot.

Not bad considering it was up against the like's of GTA:San Andreas, Half-life 2.
Click for more info!!

Go WoW :clap:

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yeah it was always going to win..

But it still has its problems..

No pvp system tbh im getting pretty bored killing someone and not getting anything out of it except my /spit emote.

Beta testing Dark and Light atm this game is awsome riding my own dragon as we speak anywhere i want! :)

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Still enjoying it tremendously in the Korean beta :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
No pvp system tbh im getting pretty bored killing someone and not getting anything out of it except my /spit emote.

pvp is supposed to be fun. If you dont get fun out of it, play another game.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Zedenz said:
Still enjoying it tremendously in the Korean beta :)
Bet the koreans love you for that, bloody identity stealer ~~

And yea, cool thing that WoW gets game of the year, it really deserves it :)

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
As a development i think it is the best game to have come out this year, but im suprised that it got the award, its not the most obvious choice.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
CurryKnight said:
As a development i think it is the best game to have come out this year, but im suprised that it got the award, its not the most obvious choice.

HL2 should of got it

:)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Im having fun but no reward = pointless fighting cant loot dead ppl dont get anything at all ;/

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing how Daoc had no realmranks for 3 months and RA's for 1 year i say Blizzard have some time to fix PvP rewards :p

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
Im having fun but no reward = pointless fighting cant loot dead ppl dont get anything at all ;/

You do realise that the PvP system isnt implemented dont you, or do you refuse to acknowledge this on purpose?

Some of the stuff they are implementing for the Battleground arenas is genius in my opinion, and as other said, if you dont like it, dont play it. :m00:

Aada

Part of the furniture
Did i say i did not like it? no you fool.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
hl2 is quite boring just cs:S that would make it any good and btw im happy they didn't even think about doom3 even if it was so hyped because that game is like doom2 with better gfx :(

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Having a reward system in place doesn't suddenly make something fun or meaningful. In a game having fun is the end of itself, not acquiring lots of kill points. Like the man said, if you don't enjoy PvP in itself then a reward system will add little.

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
HL2 was ok, but im getting bored of FPS sequels. I want a new game, a game as origianl as Deus ex (not deus ex 2 that was cak :()

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
^
Agree with Curry, it seems to days of Deus Ex and System Shock 2 are over :(

Need more fps/RPG hybrids.

MrCeill

Fledgling Freddie
A MMORPG wins game of the year award? Heh

Gamespot obviously dont know what their talking about. HL2, Halo2 and GTA:SA provide so much more to the gaming world than WoW its dispicable to think about. That's just a tiny selection, there are many more defining games of 2004 that shine over WoW. Im sensing a Blizzard bias...*cough* Diablo *cough*.

MMORPG of the year? Possibly. Out of every game released this year? Nowhere near, never.

WoW isnt even special, it does what every other MMORPG has already done. There is nothing special about it. Period.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
MrCeill said:
WoW isnt even special, it does what every other MMORPG has already done. There is nothing special about it. Period.

Its may not run on the newest 3D-engine, and it may not add anything new to the mmorpg genre in terms of thinking out of the box.

But what is does, is to deliver a very very fun game with lots of "wauw" moments and with a very very high quality feel.

I

Aada

Part of the furniture
Console games suck nuff said bought Halo 2/ GTASA wanna know what the first thing i did when i got home with them? sat in front of the pc playing WoW/EQ2.

Console games last max a week before completion and utter boredom steps in and to think some fools spend £40 a time on these games its quite sad i spent £40 on WoW and i know its going to provide me with atleast 6 months of quality gaming.

WoW fully deserves game of the year.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, WoW is the first game that brings the appeal of mmorpgs to the masses.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
MrCeill said:

Its already been stated in many reviews that WoW isnt exactly innovative, it may be a re-hash of old ideas, but what it does give, it does better than its ever been done before, and that my friend, is why its an excellent game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom