WoW European Beta starting this month!

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Weeee, about time!

-------------------------------------------------
European World of Warcraft Closed Beta Test Starting Later This Month! - Ryann, 03/09/2004
We are aware that many of you, like us, are eager for the European beta test to begin. We understand and appreciate your interest in World of Warcraft and wanted to update you on exactly where the European beta test currently stands. The European sign-ups were a huge success, thanks to you, and were much bigger than we anticipated. Hence, the process of selecting testers has taken longer than expected, but the good news is that the process is now complete.
Over the past few weeks, our growing European teams have been striving to prepare the technical platform to support the beta test, and we are now in the final stages of implementing the required technology. It is our intention to post an announcement very soon that indicates the specific date in September when the European World of Warcraft closed beta test will start. Under the current schedule, the first wave of selected testers will be notified by e-mail a couple of days before the beta launch. Thank you for your patience, and we hope to have you playing World of Warcraft as soon as possible!

----------------------------------------------------

Good luck on getting an invite those who have signed in :)

<pets her lucky rabbit foot>

Edit: looks like it was already posted on the other WoW thread, sorry!

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
I can't even remember if I signed up, I hope I did :-O (signed up for virtually every beta since SWG and only got in 1 so far, and I couldnt get it to work... gotta be lucky this time! :p)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I signed up, can't say i'm expecting to get in though - what with all the Eurpeans (not to mention American's who felt jyped so signed up for euro as well) who also signed up.

Still, here's hoping I guess.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Americans won't get in, blizzard stated that they'll do something (I don't know what) to ensure that only europeans sign ups are counted. :)

Anyway, don't despair if you won't get an invite to the first phase, many of them to come still and blizzard always adds new testers for new phases.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
On WoW forums some euro guy was wajning about not getting games etc at the same time as the US. US guy says that its because we all speak different and if we had 1 language it would be faster, this is true - even though most of Europe speak English anyway. But then he sujested this language that we should all speak should be....... American. I dont see how some people are so stupid :S

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I don't much care if I do or don't get in. If I were being strictly honest with myself i've got more interest in playing for free than actual beta testing ;)

And wouldn't 'American' be the language the various indian tribes spoke before we came along and pillaged their towns, and raped the land they had respected for our own financial gain? :eek7:

Unless he was refering to Americanise which is essencially English with bad-spelling and crappy accents (in which I am mostly fluent I might add :p)

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Personally I don't much care if I do or don't get in. If I were being strictly honest with myself i've got more interest in playing for free than actual beta testing ;)

Hehe, tbh same here.. I wanna try the game for free so I know if it's something that is worth buying. Of course I'm gonna "beta"-test it and report problems etc if I get in the beta-testning.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
90% of the people in betas prolly don't report anything :p

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Urme the Legend said:
Hehe, tbh same here.. I wanna try the game for free so I know if it's something that is worth buying. Of course I'm gonna "beta"-test it and report problems etc if I get in the beta-testning.

LOL OMG! Joo r not r rel bet testa, LOL i am r3l!!!lol B1izzard r ghey 4 letin dis n0b play b3ta n nt m3!!!! LOL!!!

Sorry, I just loved the early Beta phase of WoW. I'm having trouble letting go of the image of WoW beta testers are fearing for their lives as those who didn't get in hunt them down and try to take their places.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-03-29

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-04-16&res=l

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-04-23&res=l
- Ok, so this one isn't so much about WoW players being jerks. But it really does do your head in trying to work it out ;)

I know they're old. But I love them all the same. ;)

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I think I signed up several times and therefore would've been disqualified, can't remember though. Ah well, worse things could happen.

Tiztla

Fledgling Freddie
i really cross my fingers and hope i get a chanse to be in the beta :)

but atm daoc is so much fun so i dont now if i have the time hehe

gimpchimp

Fledgling Freddie
Folks, the European beta will be localisation and stress testing only. We don't actually need to test it for bugs, that is the job of the US/Korean peeps.

\o/

mts

Fledgling Freddie
signed up too when they were accepting apps.. hope i get in, gonna get 'teh shakes' when the us stress test ends for sure :-o

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
*cross fingers*

I got into the CoH pretty early, so here's hoping I can make it two in a row :D

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I really really hope I get into beta too.
In the stress test I have 5 lvl 10+ chars. I wanted to try all classes. :)

Maybe it was better if I never heard of the stress test cause now I know what I will be missing until retail ;)

So pretty please blizzard let me have beta..... I'll even report a few bugs if you like.... :D

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Let the people who are bored of DAoC in, as we wont complain about it so much ><

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
If anything, anyone with experience of GOA should be black balled from the beta as they are hardly likely to report any bugs!!

"OMFG!! The server has kicked me 17 times in the last hour and the GM called me a cock sucking whore and implied that I like to take my grandmother's corpse up the arse! This game is teh ro><0r!! :D"

Tilda

Sneeked in a little practise in stress test, so now I just hope I get into the EU beta :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom