WOW Euro Beta announced.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Let me be the first to warn everyone not to say whether you got a beta invite or not, I for one am willing to hunt people down and kill them with my bare hands in order to take their place :p

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Let me be the first to warn everyone not to say whether you got a beta invite or not, I for one am willing to hunt people down and kill them with my bare hands in order to take their place :p

ah but isnt there something with only being able to play from one IP?:) So besides taking their account you also need to steal their internet connection?:D

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
ah but isnt there something with only being able to play from one IP?:) So besides taking their account you also need to steal their internet connection?:D

You just made the list squire, don't go to sleep - thats when I like to strike ;)

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Archeon said:
Ok, you shouldnt have said that, IF i get into beta now i will make sure you are amongst the first ones to find out about it ;)

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
You just made the list squire, don't go to sleep - thats when I like to strike ;)

wont be at home from 5th-13th of july, so cant sign up (and I doubt blizzard will wait with that sign up for more than a week?).
But you can always try, just warning you that you will probably not find a beta account here:p.

PaqMan

Fledgling Freddie
spook said:
it's over a 3 week period, the beta signups that is :eek:
And its not 'First come - First serve' either.. They draw beta players randomly based on 'pc speces' interesting for them as I understand the info.

So no need to hang on the locker the 5th ;)

DaanLand

Fledgling Freddie
sux

Beta'd and it's useless, over run by Battlenet kids who complain about things such as "why do i have to spend 1 min taking a ride form one town to another?" - err hello >World< of Warcraft?

the worst thing has to be, the pvp stance of chars and pvp only items. the carebears cried so much sayin they wer being discriminated agasint as they didnt want to faction vs faction (or rvr) and it was unfair to have pvp ppl with pvp items only - so blizz bowed again and let the pve'rs get the "pvp only" items thru killin high lvl mobs - scratching the pvp item idea...

and u get punished for helping mates and playing too much with a char - see the rest system..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
DaanLand said:
and u get punished for helping mates and playing too much with a char - see the rest system..

so what does that mean? like i loose a arm if i swing my weapon 20.000 times or what?

tried to find the info about that on wow site but gave up...

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I think the rest system is a great idea, as I understand it it takes 8 or so hours to get to the point where you don't get as much XP per mob as you would fully rested and as they said, if you hate it that much you can always play on a different character if your that desperate to keep playing.

Shame about the PvP item idea though, that sounded interesting. But tbh this is exactly why I want to wait for the Euro version and not just import US, the American boards seem... how can I put this, over-zelious on just about everything, even the people who didn't get into beta (and have finally stopped slagging off the beta testers :rolleyes: ) seem to know everything.

Still, regardless i'm definatly giving WoW a try when its finally released in 'Yurpe' i'm not one for realistic graphics in RPG's anyway, and if you don't like Cartoons your a grumpy old man who steals childrens balls when they kick it over the fence to 'teach them a lesson' (re: be a bastard) :p

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
so what does that mean? like i loose a arm if i swing my weapon 20.000 times or what?

tried to find the info about that on wow site but gave up...

fully rested you get x times the base xp, then slowly over time you get less rested and the multiplier goes from bigger than 1 to smaller than 1. So you are rewarded for playing short bursts of time or penalised for playing long hours.
When you log out your player can rest and I think it can rest up fully if you rest in an inn, but have to wait 8 hours for that to happen iirc.

It is designed so casual players and harcore players dont exp to much away from eachother, I think.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Rested state is for mob killing only, you can still do quest and not go from well rested to rested.

You can level up on quest, you also even get exp for exploring.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Just don't like the look of it. If it wasn't so damn 9-a.m.-on-a-Saturday-morning kids' cartoon style, I'd be a lot more tempted.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Driwen said:
fully rested you get x times the base xp, then slowly over time you get less rested and the multiplier goes from bigger than 1 to smaller than 1.

abit like camp bonus in DAoC? ;)

oh and about the cartoon graphics... its what appeals to me most, maybe people wont take it as seriously as Daoc and start flinging death threats at each other over balance issues :flame:

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
abit like camp bonus in DAoC? ;)

camp bonus comes back and disappears faster though, but yep it is the same idea. Allthough one is designed to keep people from doing long exp runs and the other is to encourage people to move to new camps :p.

Guess for wow its best to login and start exping and then halfway the time you wanted to play (if you are playing for more than 3 hours) go do quests/exploring/crafting/farming. So when you are well rested you get the exp and when you are "tired" you go do stuff where it has no effect on it. Off course I might be wrong, but I guess this is with my understanding of the rest system (which is really limited:p) the best way to use it.

ABD

Fledgling Freddie
The rest system does not go below 1x XP.

AFAIK atm its 200% XP in "well rested state" after half a lvl or X amount of XP(based on amount of time ur logged off for it maybe) it goes down to 150% "rested" and then to 100% "tired".

The idea behind it is to let ppl who dont play for long periods of time to catch up with the "hardcore" players.

IMO, doesnt seem the worst idea in the world (of warcraft).

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
would be nice...

....if anyone gets a beta place to post in here?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Have now applied at least. Will be nice to beta test if i get the chanse, but wont exactly cause me any grief if i dont. Tried the leaked Alpha so i know the gfx isnt a problem for me (it looks alot better ingame than it does on screenies btw, specially if you crank up the gfx settings and resolution), remains to be seen if the gameplay is nice :)

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I've started prancing already, but it'll probably be a couple of months at least before I get into beta :(

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Yer signed up aswell. hopefully I get to try it atleast

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
The sign-up period will last for 3 weeks and all aspplications will receive equal consideration regardless of when they are submitted during the sign-up period.

I imagine some time soon after that

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Have applied for beta. Looking forward to trying this game out. One of the things I like about it is that WoW will have a definate look and feel, which sets it apart from all the others.

To be honest, most of the other incoming games look fairly similar as they are going for nice realistically drawn 3D but WoW has this slightly cartoony style which many won't like but does at least give it some distinction from the ruck of games on their way.

Got a gang of friends really looking forward to this one. Whether it will be good or not who can say but will give it a damned good try. I generally like what Blizzard do. When they sit down to do something they generally make a bloody good job of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom