WoW, DE, Ryzom, CoH

Tilda

I'm not quite sure why i felt the impulse to make this thread, indeed now looking at my green screen im tempted to hit the back button.
I'm contemplating quitting daoc, however, already posessing a social life, im wondering what game could fill the gaps where I usually play daoc.

Wow is nice, but seems very hyped and the PvP seems a bit odd.

DE sounds like its going to be good but having applied for beta the first day you could sign up that day still seems a long way off.

I got into the Ryzom closed beta, tried it for a bit and quit, then today, just when i wanted to go, play a bit and give it another chance, I find out the ended "propper" open beta and have reverted to a closed "focus-beta" kinda thing.

CoH, beta'ed this for a little bit, it was fun, but no PvP, and people saying that when/if they add PvP it'll wreck the game kinda puts me off.

atm i'm downloading the client for Knight online, some random mmorpg that i've never heard of before.

Any suggestions, advice, random things to say?

Tilda

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
playing CoH atm along with DAoC.
CoH is very casual, and very very fun. you can solo all the way if you wish.. or you can team up. Im enjoying playing it, and atm have the "must play more" thing. Character creation rocks... never seen so many options!

All in all, if your after something to carry over till WoW and dont have alot of spare time, then CoH is the game to play!

Tilda

Ezteq said:
my brother keeps going on about middle earth online, not sure when this is out but he sent me some stuff on it and it does look good
http://www.middle-earthonline.com/
Yes i forgot to mention this, its looking very promising, but still probably over a year until it enters beta.

Sparda said:
playing CoH atm along with DAoC.
CoH is very casual, and very very fun. you can solo all the way if you wish.. or you can team up. Im enjoying playing it, and atm have the "must play more" thing. Character creation rocks... never seen so many options!

All in all, if your after something to carry over till WoW and dont have alot of spare time, then CoH is the game to play!
Yes, i can see the lower level attraction of being a superhero etc, having sidekicks and groups all sounds well and good, but i'm not sure i could get used to the idea of a game who's endgame is PvE still.

Tilda

Ickleevul

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Yes i forgot to mention this, its looking very promising, but still probably over a year until it enters beta.

Yes, i can see the lower level attraction of being a superhero etc, having sidekicks and groups all sounds well and good, but i'm not sure i could get used to the idea of a game who's endgame is PvE still.

Tilda

City of Villians is in developement atm i believe, where PvP will be possible.

Tilda

Ickleevul said:
City of Villians is in developement atm i believe, where PvP will be possible.
However from what I can gather, it will throw the game way out of ballance.

Ickleevul

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
However from what I can gather, it will throw the game way out of ballance.

I'll be waiting for them to develop/test and implement the expansion, before believing rumours.

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Well, since I pretty much quit DAoC, played CoH + Planetside + Battlefield: Vietnam.

CoH is pretty cool, as someone else mentioned the character creator really does rock. You could spend hours just creating cool looking characters. :p

However, I found that after 15 levels or so it started to get boring and repetitive... probably because I've never really been a PvE whore. :D

Playing Planetside atm, taking advantage of the 10 free days, and I have to say I'm enjoying it... but last time I got bored, and I assume the same will happen now. :eek:

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Ryzom was complete shit when I played it. Like SWG but worse.

I've been playing a lot more online FPS games recently, like Coim. They're as enjoyable as any RPG and a lot less time consuming. I am going to give WoW a go when it comes out but that will probably be my last ORPG. Planetside is a lot better now - the lag issues have been fixed and for some reason it just seems a lot more fun to play(I'm killing a lot more people now :p). BF:V is ok but can get boring after a month or so. Haven't played CoH although I've heard it starts good but gets a little bit repetitive after a while. Anyway, what was the topic about again? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom