WoW Battlegrounds info released

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/battlegrounds.html

Sounds interesting, but im a wee bit concerned it will favour the larger numbers just as in daoc :/
But i like the idea that there is alot to do and alot that can happen, with quests, multiple objectives, nice loot, rescourses that can help your side etc, so that it isnt just zerg to and from the central keep as in daoc bg's.

Now give info on the reward/honor system :)

Galelawyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well I think the population issue won't rise as much in WoW as in daoc , I think it'll be quite even :)

Toxx

Fledgling Freddie
Oh god that looks awesome.

Oh god oh god oh god.

Gimme

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
Sounds interesting, but im a wee bit concerned it will favour the larger numbers just as in daoc :/
Seeing as how they are instance zones, I doubt it.

Seeing as how any large inbalances can be tweaked by spawning more elite NPC's on the opposite sides, I doubt it.

Seeing as how the currently known map isn't as roam-friendly but rather a bit more tactical, I doubt it.

In conclusion, I doubt it.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Might be a bit irritating they are instanced, if you wanna go in with a friend for example!

And you have gone in 30 minutes before your friend

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Whisperess said:
Seeing as how they are instance zones, I doubt it.

Seeing as how any large inbalances can be tweaked by spawning more elite NPC's on the opposite sides, I doubt it.

Seeing as how the currently known map isn't as roam-friendly but rather a bit more tactical, I doubt it.

In conclusion, I doubt it.
I'm sorry but where does it say they are instanced?

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
check the forum, there is already a post on this...albeit titled differently

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Coccas said:
I'm sorry but where does it say they are instanced?
The red swirly PvP-instance portal is somewhat of a hint.

The fact that Alterac Valley is for between level 40-49 further emphasize the above clue. More info and this quote:
battlefields are instanced (they're loaded up as areas that are separate from the main gameworld)
can be found here.

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
hmm so the battle grounds gonna be a bit like dota's from warcraft 3

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
Might be a bit irritating they are instanced, if you wanna go in with a friend for example!

And you have gone in 30 minutes before your friend

Hence why instances suck complete arse and defeat the notion of a mmorpg :p

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Skyler said:

You must have a very sad life if you find amusment in scrolling through threads of a game which you think is crap, just so you can add a "OMG WOW SUCKS" line, here and there. Begone retard.

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
Instancing was very succesfull in CoH, clearly demonstrating it can work when implemented right. I never felt annoyed a second because of instancing in CoH (and so did noone else).

The important question here is : can you swap between instances ?

And lastly : what is more annoying ? Heavy population imbalances (like in DAoC) or instances (WoW) ?
Take your pick :p ...

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Skyler said:
If you would play the game, you would know that you can still group as much as you want in WoW and for dungeon instances you actually have to group up.

Instance dungeons mean you are sure that you have to kill all the mobs and if your friend is entering the BG 30 mins after you. You could always leave the BG and enter with him? Besides we dont know anything about how the BG's will be setup, so its abit pointless to say how instancing them will suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom