WoW and Lag

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Just out of interest are those on the WoW euro beta getting the same lag DAOC getting as you are using opentransits network to reach the WoW euro servers?

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Nope :D Usually I am on 30 ms and highest around 180 ms. But it's not noticable as lag ingame. At least I've never been disconnected once because of router problems in europe. The game works fine and there's also hardly server lag. Sometimes Kalimdor (especially Darkshore) has some lag (no idea why). And you'd be amazed at how high you can even put your settings to play this game and still run smooth. There is however still the massive army lag but that's maybe because I put my settings at highest. You really gonna love this one!

living

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Isn't it just the support team that's based in france?
Woulden't it be pretty silly to place them so far away from the servers? ;> but i don't know.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Don't be fooled by the "Regional servers" lines they've put online a lot. It's a catch line...

lewskie

Fledgling Freddie
servers are in france cant remember where i heared it but i saw it somwhere. i was playing on us beta having pings up 200-300 and i still found the game v smooth tbh very little if any lag problems, obviously connecting to the euro servers ill have less ping but doubt it will be all that noticeable tbh.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
servers in a town south of Paris, check the jobsection on the blizzard site :) atleast I assume that a junior administrator would be placed somewhere near the servers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom