Wouldnt it be nice if daoc had gfx like this..

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
another brave daocler falling to the addiction that is Oblivion! :D

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
Another braver FHer failing to get his facts right :p

... I dont have the game and I've never played it, guy who I work with told me about the game and after checking out some screen shots (Above) realised they look kinda similar

Granted.. ur right about one thing, the game is Oblivion and looks pretty good =)

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Graphics is Uber in Obilivion, but they still stink at making good faces though =P

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
Oblivions world isn't a huge beauty contest ;)

well I don't care about Beauty like you say, more like the faces are just wrong, getting everything else so good, they should be able to do the faces okay also imo.

The game itself is most important, but small details are important tbh.

Still when you start playing it dosent really matter as you don't see much of their faces =P

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
Is it available for the PC? I didnt bother to check

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Yes, it would be nice. BUT!

You can´t expect the same gfx for a MMORPG as you can expect in a single player game. This game already requires an uber hardware setup to run smoothly and it´s still jerky at some points. Throw 10 of those zombies onto the screen and then see what´s left of your fps.

Oblivion is a good game, great atmosphere and nice gfx. But it all stands and falls with the use of normal maps and specular maps (if you´re in a dungeon, even rough stonewalls are shiny and reflecting.. highly unrealistic but looks good).

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
The faces can be made to look near perfection by installing a Mod for the game...

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Would be nice yes but would also mean 90% of the people playing need to buy a new PC to even load the game.
Gameplay > Graphics, imo.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
the graphics are scalable, though you really arent doing it justice running with stuff turned off :) games have to push the graphics cards of today so that we get better ones in the future, people just have to move with the times

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
the graphics are scalable, though you really arent doing it justice running with stuff turned off :) games have to push the graphics cards of today so that we get better ones in the future, people just have to move with the times

Problem is alot of developers dont bother optimizing their games anymore, they just count on the fact that gamers have gotten used to upgrading their comps every year to play the latest games. Im absolutely convinced that f.ex. Oblivion with its complex world and great gfx could be made to run smoothly on much less than their required/recomended specs if someone put a gun to the developers heads and forced them to rewrite the code. Look at the console market, you usually see gfx and complexity improvement in games that come out for a console over its lifetime, yet its the same hardware.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
That is also the only reason consoles are superiour to computers.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
Oblivions world isn't a huge beauty contest ;)

it could at least be an option, so far this has been denied bluntly by all bethesda games unless you download "amateur" made custom skin packs.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Vandrakken said:
Is it available for the PC? I didnt bother to check
yeah its the version where you get bug fixes, free mods and extra player made zones/dungeons, rather than the one with the shitty controls :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom