Would you transfer a char to the US ?

Would you transfer a char to the new US super cluster ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zede

Part of the furniture
Jonny Smith, the new programmer at the new EA Role MMO played daoc for years, back in the day. He remembered some uk daoc site a friend recommended and saw some poll about a dead UK server. He though to himself, gee... not actually transfering an account, but just one character could be done. heck I could make a RR13 char on the new cluster in 2 minutes if I wanted too, that shit is easy to do now.

Jonny writes an email to his line manager, pointing out with just a bit of work, we could make some bucks here. He would even head the project, as he used to play daoc - he understands all the hard work put into those characters.

----------------------

If, if it was possible -- would you ?

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
I think i'd rather have all the servers clustered thb.

But if i had to make a choice, it would be full account transfer.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
That would be more than great but it's never gonna happen. I dont know what agreement mythic and goa has but the only way to do this with less cost for them is probably to shutdown the uk cluster and move the database to the us servers.
If they do that , then lots of Europeans that already playing on avalon would probably stop from there and start playing on the us cluster. That means loss of income for goa.
That's why it all depends of what agreement mythic and goa has.

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
Voted whole acct :)

But really guys, if there was a hope in hell this was going to happen it would have by now, im sure someone over at mythic has realised that a transfer from eu would be hugely popular and would bring in more cash, can only think there must be some licensing issue thats preventing it.

more threads like this is just getting your own hopes up but hey theyre your toons and a lot of effort and attachment goes into them so I understand why :)

on a slight tangent id be really interested the reason why it wont happen.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
I agree it won't happen, but it is a shame the number of characters sitting in the databases that would be used if GOA and Mythic could bang their heads together.

I wrote to Mythic suggesting they integrate the Excalibur/Prydwen databases into Ywain. I doubt they will bother but it is the ideal opportunity.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I'd pay for one char to get moved.

Shaman directly to Morgan.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
I'm no longer in need of my EU chars as i'm too hooked up on the US servers anyways.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I voted option 1 but tbh I wouldn't give GOA the steam off my piss.

I would happily pay Mythic the money though!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
yea
cos EA/Mythic can just waltz in and take stuff from GOA

breach of contract anyone ?

and its not possible anyway due to various software issues

i dont understand why people keep going on about it, the programming aside, its illegal to do it, so its hardly about to occur... ?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I agree it won't happen, but it is a shame the number of characters sitting in the databases that would be used if GOA and Mythic could bang their heads together.

I wrote to Mythic suggesting they integrate the Excalibur/Prydwen databases into Ywain. I doubt they will bother but it is the ideal opportunity.

They won't, not after telling us for the last xyz years that it's impossible.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
This time around i guess the work is worth the shot for Mythic, i'd happily move the whole account or even one single toon.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
, im sure someone over at mythic has realised that a transfer from eu would be hugely popular

you know, i'm not so sure it would be. the vast majority of ppl that dont play DAoC anymore do it because they dont like the game anymore. and a char transfer to US isnt gonna help in the long run, just as much as clustering has done. it goes great for a month or two, but then ppl realize they still hate the game and quit again.

doing a character or account transfer at this point would just look like Mythic is milking cash, wich they would be doing.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
*Pats*

Very much possible.

still not gonna happen, so if it is possible or not doesent really matter.

Mythic aint about to break the contract they have with GOA, and GOA aint about to give up any potential income, even if its slim to none.

they rather have dead servers and take whatever they can get from the few sods that resubs for a month every now and then, then none at all.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
If they ever implemented this, I might be tempted to do it for nostalgia purposes. I bet they won't though...

Zede

Part of the furniture
still not gonna happen, so if it is possible or not doesent really matter.

Mythic aint about to break the contract they have with GOA, and GOA aint about to give up any potential income, even if its slim to none.

they rather have dead servers and take whatever they can get from the few sods that resubs for a month every now and then, then none at all.

ho ho ho !

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
i wish i could transfer those chars to my current US account it would be amazing :(

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Still no guarantee that EU toons will be slung on Ywain. From some of the quotes coming from Mythic it looks more like EU toons will get their own Mythic Super-cluster like Ywain :(.

After all they can't handle more than 4k people online so how are they going to add the UK/Fr/De toons onto what they already have?

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Given how much faster hardware (particularly server hardware) has become over the last 8 years, I don't see why they only support 4k logons.

Still imagine the Zerg if they let say 6k players on!

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I reckon they will err on the side of caution, at least till the pop drops enough. They do not want to piss of their existing player base with server cap problems and /region turning into the tower of babel, both of which yanks have already moaned about.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Would xfer all just for the BP's so i could sort out even more new characters.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Hello XXXXXXX,

Thank you for submitting feedback. At the moment, we do not have the functionality to support the type of transfer you request. However, I believe the issue will come up multiple times, so it is definitely something we can investigate as soon as our near-term work (e.g. supporting the EU servers and localized versions).

Best,

Lori Hyrup
Dark Age of Camelot
Mythic Entertainment, an EA Studio

this was their response to move chars to another account...they didn't declined it so the chances aren't Zero atleast... wouldn't it be cool if you could get all your chars in one account ? instead of having 2-5 + accounts

hope it will work out!

tierk

Part of the furniture
this was their response to move chars to another account...they didn't declined it so the chances aren't Zero atleast... wouldn't it be cool if you could get all your chars in one account ? instead of having 2-5 + accounts

hope it will work out!

Aye would be great, if it ever happens.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
aye that would be cool, i would be happy even if i only could transfer one char, and that would be my pally i put down alot of work on. Not the greatest RR i hold alot of memories with it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Holds alot memories for Mids and Hibs too, practially free realm points every 5 minutes! ;) :p :D

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
Holds alot memories for Mids and Hibs too, practially free realm points every 5 minutes! ;) :p :D

Rofl, admittedly i never got into the prydwen group scene real well so my pally is only rr5, i got stuff going then shit hit the fan IRL and i had to quit.

I was more often free rp's tho than hibs/mids lol haha, ah well relearning the pally on ywain was good (it's saracen tho so it suxxors as 2h)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom