Would You Die For Your TV?

GRN

Fledgling Freddie
In North Korea, Kim Jong Il and his Workers' Party has begun to execute youth in public for distributing and possessing DVD's containing, as they claim, inappropriate content.

The inappropriate content in question is of course TV-programs not dealing with politics (read: celebrating and praising The Wankers' Party and mr. Tit himself) but plain TV-drama.

(RFA Article)

God I'm glad I don't live there. I hate watching politics on TV.

Yours,
GRN

PS. For the sake of political correctness: I don't dislike all workers' parties, just the one lead by mr. Tit.

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
o_rly.jpg

GRN

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, "RLY"

If this was yesterday's news to you, I apologize. It just simply amazes me what means North Korea is prepared to adopt in order to restrain it's citizens.

Also, I needed something to do to fill my idle hours at work and thought this would be a subject worth discussing. Of course I might have been mistaken, as is a habit of mine.

No need to flip the bird at me, though, just because I'm less witty than you.

Yours,
GRN

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not surprised at all. And, if I'm honest, I'm not that bothered either.

It's a natural consequence of that system of government unfortunately. :(

Draylor

Part of the furniture
N Korea is fucked up, we know.

Yours with an equally bad Jonty impression,
D.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
We need a pro Kim Jung Il board member to argue with. :)

GRN

Fledgling Freddie
It seems that most people are too jaded from all the oppression and constant war waging in the world to react to anything. And I know nothing North Korea does or will do can surprise anyone.

But to shoot people for pirated DVD's; that's simply morbid and repulsive!

Also, I assume no-one in their right mind would ever be pro-Kim Jong Il thus I was not even expecting a debate. I just had an urge to vent a bit and as I said earlier, waste time.

Small talk about the small daily issues, you know.

Yours,
GRN

JBP|

Part of the furniture
We need a pro Kim Jung Il board member to argue with. :)

You called?

Lots of things should carry the death penalty really, maybe then this country wouldn't be as fucked up as it is.:flame:

GRN

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, the death penalty would be a very efficient way of dealing with, for example child molestation and crimes of violence, but I doubt anyone would like to see the neighbours' kids being dragged to the street and shot for downloading the latest CSI. Or for expressing their political sentiments in public for that matter.

But who knows, maybe we would be better off. I doubt it, though, but just maybe.

Anyway, now the pub is clear and I'm off to bed. Thank you for your time and good night.

Yours,
GRN

Kryten

Old Cow.
The guy's a twat (Lil' Kim or whatever his name is) and it saddens me to hear them stoop even lower than I thought possible. I really fail to see why it's so urgent that we "help" those in the Middle East when theres millions of people living in far worse condition in fear for their lives every day in north korea.

You only have to go a few miles south of the border to see a huge difference - from one of the fastest, up and coming economies in the world to the most oppressed. It's quite frankly sick.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Not much you can do about it especially when you say oi what you doing over there in your little country...and they respond by unlocking the "nuke the west" button.

Perhaps China or Russia or Japan should do something instead of the west...might get a better response.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
It's frightening to see what state the world's in some places and what kinds of people are actually able to exist (and allowed to hold power) in it.

Tis disgusting and depressing and it bothers me a lot. Unfortunately there's little can be done by us until governments bother doing something about it. I know supposedly we elect the government, but it doesn't necessarily mean they take notice of what people want for ~10 years.

As Dys said - it would be better if China, Russia or Japan did something about it.. but then again the morals of certainly the prior two governments are pretty questionable when it comes to human rights (and the interests of others) so holding out for them to do something may take a while. I don't know about Japan.

But, especially considering their supposed military and nuclear capabilities, what can we do? :S

Supposedly, we knew Saddam "had" chemical weapons and was able to deploy them against the UK and we still went to Iraq.. but to be honest, if our government had really thought he was able to do that, we wouldn't have ever gone to war like we did.

Poag

m00?
Thing is, it was known that Saddam had chemical agents, he'd used them before on his own people. Chemical agents along this line can be prepared for, NBC suits, meds etc...Iraq was really a big military kit testing ground in '91, i'm pretty sure the same testing occurred this time around.

However NK has actually tested a Nuke, it doesn't matter if they can or can't shoot it into a country on the other side of the world. If we try to invade or overthrow...they put a nuke in the back of a lorry..or a building...wait for the invading forces to walk up to it and...i'm sure you get the idea.

You can't deal with a nuclear explosion in the same manners you would a chemical release. A chemical release will dissipate after a certain period of time, you can neutralize it with other agents sprayed into the air, or you can ignore it and equip your troops with sealed gear and breathing aperatus.

A nuke is not quite so easily ignored ;)

and they have little to no oil infrastructure....after all thats what makes the world go round nowdays.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Ah, Kim Jong's a moron anyway.

He'll end up executing most of his citizens, then what?

He'll be be the lonely person in the middle of a desolate country.

GRN

Fledgling Freddie
With all the wonderous technological and social advancement in the world today, the greatest achievements of all mankind, I believe, are after all ignorance and acceptance of oppression -- along with, of course, all those most impressive and imaginative ways to end life.

How long, as previously stated, will the neighbouring (both near and far) governmnents stand idly by while North Korea continues to terrorize it's citizens? How long will the citizens of North Korea stand for it?

How long before Kim finally pushes the red button?

I agree with most of you; China or Russia should react in some way to what is happening in North Korea before Kim goes over the top. Although I do believe they both have their own internal affairs to deal with (what's going on in Chechnya, by the way?) and to be honest, neither of them have a very good history in matters concerning civil rights themselves.

However, on the brighter side, I do remember to have read that North Korea has no capability to launch a long range nuclear assault, although this is but a minor detail and propably only a question of time. Unfortunately they do have the capability to attack South Korea on Kim's whim (I doubt they will ever have the nerve to attack China, though).

As for Europe: luckily, smuggling nuclear devices here and further into the west has gotten much more difficult with all the current terrorist prevention laws and regulations, so I doubt the little man in the platform shoes and funny hair will have the patience for a such a long-term operation.

In the end, afterall, Kim will propably end up as Sharma said. Or hung by his fellow countrymen.

Yours,
GRN

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Thing is, it was known that Saddam had chemical agents, he'd used them before on his own people. Chemical agents along this line can be prepared for, NBC suits, meds etc...Iraq was really a big military kit testing ground in '91, i'm pretty sure the same testing occurred this time around.

Fair play, told me :) .. even so, I think the people up top knew full well Saddam's capabilties weren't as frightening or considerable as we were led to believe. But what's done is done now.

But aye, nuke's are a different story.. stupid things ;S

In the end, afterall, Kim will propably end up as Sharma said. Or hung by his fellow countrymen.

I hope you're right :x

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I really fail to see why it's so urgent that we "help" those in the Middle East when theres millions of people living in far worse condition in fear for their lives every day in north korea.

There's no oil in North Korea so the freedom fighters of the west aren't interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom