Would it be against the rules if..

Discussion in 'Crafting and Trading' started by Chronictank, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Chronictank

Chronictank FH is my second home

I was watching simpsons and saw homes use the rocking duck to press a key, so got me thinking, would it be a bannable offence if u used a duck for crafting. Its not a third party program so cant be classed as a hack, despite all the obvious falws liek timing etc etc... would be rather cool to see it done :)

Discuss...

2. TeaSpoon

TeaSpoon Fledgling Freddie

Nope IF you're at the PC whilst its doing it.

3. Tallen

Tallen Fledgling Freddie

Depends which realm the duck is from, crossrealming is (apparently) banned by the CoC.

Also, if you bought the duck from ebay or traded the duck from another crafter you may be violating the CoC.

Then there is the additional problems with the SPCA, are you treating the duck humanely (why they refer to treating a non-human as "humanely" i'll never know...."duckly" maybe?), is the duck being exploited as a migrant worker (ducks do migrate afaik) is it an illegal immigrant (Peking Duck certainly should be checked for a green-card) and are you adhearing to the Equal-Opportunities Bill (Bill, geddit? ;)) as in equal employment rights for Mallards and Lady Ducks (whats a female duck called anyway?, for that matter is a Mallard a male duck or a species of duck?).

Also you may have to be careful not to be discriminating, a Duckbilled Platypus may be strange looking but its still a "duck" as it fits the generally agreed and government ratified definition of being "water-bourne" and having a "bill" (if thats true then would drowning the owner of Microsoft be a hate-crime, a crime against the handicapped or legal during the appropriate season? ;)) , even though it may hold the handicap of being a rodent/duck hybrid, you can't discriminate against the handicapped.

Many issues, so many issues....legalise canabis now...peace.

4. afaik this is STILL unattended macroing..or rather Technical Macroing as Sanya put it once when he went on about a guy wedging his key down with a coin to stop him going LD from inactivity..(kept imh spinning round as his pet killed), so yes you WILL get banned if someone spots you doing it...

5. Gorel-Truesight

Gorel-Truesight Fledgling Freddie

Drake = Male
    Duck = Mrs/Miss duck

mallard is the common type of duck u see in the UK floating around on ponds having stones thrown at it by kids

and yes i am bored at work

6. Chronictank

Chronictank FH is my second home

Far as i know ia macro is a small program which runs a set of instructions.
    SO a duck bobong up and down is not a marco simply a means of pushing a button.
    As said before the impression im getting is provided you are sat at the computer it is fine, so watching tv while the uber duck does his thing is ok?
    Otherwise sum1 tapping the craft key according to a countdown timer on ur tv (which is what i do now) without actually watching the computer screen is not allowed also?

7. Draylor

Draylor Part of the furniture

Yes

(link)

8. yaruar

yaruar Can't get enough of FH

technically macroing is legal as long as you are at the screen, although it's a bit of a technicality. I have a nostromo gamepad for playing which technically allows macroing (mythic has afair said it's legal to use as it's a hardware solution...) but in all honesty I do all my crafting and hinging whilst playing my main. I just waitifor the ding and press the key again, boring, but it's something to do (especially with toa I've gone from 900 to 930 tailoring whilst waiting for the belt of the sun encounter ;) )

9. Ivynoxia

Ivynoxia Can't get enough of FH

Tallen's post was funny :)