would i gimp myself with these resists

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
before you say anything stupid, read first.

i toyed around with a template including the following arties:
GoV, Scalars, CoZ, Eriny, Sash, Croc ring, CB and Zo (using champ staff).

i managed to cap everything but melee resists.

crush 10 (ouch)
thrust 16 (including +3 racial)
slash 21 (including +2 racial)

i was thinking that i could tweak those up with PD 3 (+12% melee resists).
i also have croc ring, the ability from it reduces 5% damage and heals your power/end instead. also the powershield thing from zahur crown is unbelieveable with croc ring. when low on health, the target will convert available power to health. i tested this combo in OF, crown drains mana when low on health and heals you, and ring gives you mana from the damage you receive. it's actually pretty good.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'd end up with:

crush 27 (10 items, 12 ra's, 5 croc)
thrust 33 (16 items, 12 ra's, 5 croc)
slash 38 (21 items, 12 ra's, 5 croc)

not sure if they'll all stack.

and to sum it up:

stats:
int: 101
dex: 101
con: 74
hits: 220/264

resists:
body: 22, energy: 22, crush: 10, cold: 22, matter: 22, thrust: 16 (3), heat: 22, spirit: 21 (5), slash: 21 (2)

skills:
11 mana, 6 light, 6 void

focus:
50 all magic

cap increases:
26 intelligence
26 dexterity
5 strength
64 hits
5 power

other bonuses:
18/10 spell range
38%/30% power pool
6 stat buff effectiveness
10 passive piercing
8 magic damage
6 duration of spells
10 casting speed

artifact abilities worth mentioning:
wolf morph
conversion: 5% of all damage dealt (to you) heals your power and endurance instead
powershield: if low on health, the target will convert available power to health.
summon elemental: summons an elemental spirit to attack the target.
bedazzled: target suffers from a magic bedazzlement that may cause him/her to fumble melee attacks, miscast magic spells or both
mesmeration/stun feedback
permanent health regen 4
permanent mana regen 2
group hp/mana heal

ps: no, i don't want to see your template, i just want your opinion basicly just about about the melee resists-thing. is it worth it all or not. i've managed to do pretty much perfect template with same artifacts but the crown. so i'd gain the croc/zahur-combo thing that could save my life with losing some resists. opinionz!

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
toyed around with SC and i think i made it a littlebit better:

con 71
cold: 21, heat: 20, thrust: 21 (slash: 21 and crush: 10).

everything else remains the same. so only gimped (less than 20) resist is crush.

Appendix

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I know PD and croc ring resists aren't added but multiplied.
This means your total melee resists would look something like this:

Crush: 24.8%
Thrust: 29.8%
Slash: 33.6%

Acceptable imo, except I would prefer gimping magic resists instead and use AoM to compensate since it affects 6 resists while PD only affects 3.

Oh and the Zahur+Croc ring trick sounds neat, I'll have to try that sometime.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
Appendix said:
Acceptable imo, except I would prefer gimping magic resists instead and use AoM to compensate since it affects 6 resists while PD only affects 3.

good idea. casters don't get AoM though.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
My template has croc + zahur atm, ive lost jacinas todo it and include nahilas robe for the proc.

Ive always been strong believer that abilites and hitpoints make for a stronger mage than a few percent on resists. We are such a low hitpoints class that investement in our hits / abilites net a much better return than a few percent on some resist.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Eso don't run with those resists mate, slash and crush are very common damage types, and the croc ring damage conversion isn't that great from what the yanks say (although it's still nice).

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
the ctr convension is just annoying.. dont help anything.. during an entire fight with a redcon mob.. i as a mincer might get enough power to do.. one extra dd.. not much as you can see :) and definetly not worth gimping your resists for.

Nmy

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
VampiiricMist said:
the ctr convension is just annoying.. dont help anything.. during an entire fight with a redcon mob.. i as a mincer might get enough power to do.. one extra dd.. not much as you can see :) and definetly not worth gimping your resists for.

Nmy

croc ring =

Heat 9%
Cold 9%
Energy 9%
Matter 9%
Body 9%
Spirit 5%
Crush 5%
Slash 5%
Thrust 5%
Acuity +15
Improved cap enhance ALL RESISTS +5%

the only way to gimp your template with this is to not include it.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
Eso don't run with those resists mate, slash and crush are very common damage types, and the croc ring damage conversion isn't that great from what the yanks say (although it's still nice).

Damage coversion does exactly what it says on the tin. You dont gain much from the conversion but the damage is not taken in the first place and thats what really matters.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
eSo said:
before you say anything stupid, read first.

i toyed around with a template including the following arties:
GoV, Scalars, CoZ, Eriny, Sash, Croc ring, CB and Zo (using champ staff).

i managed to cap everything but melee resists.

crush 10 (ouch)
thrust 16 (including +3 racial)
slash 21 (including +2 racial)

i was thinking that i could tweak those up with PD 3 (+12% melee resists).
i also have croc ring, the ability from it reduces 5% damage and heals your power/end instead. also the powershield thing from zahur crown is unbelieveable with croc ring. when low on health, the target will convert available power to health. i tested this combo in OF, crown drains mana when low on health and heals you, and ring gives you mana from the damage you receive. it's actually pretty good.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'd end up with:

crush 27 (10 items, 12 ra's, 5 croc)
thrust 33 (16 items, 12 ra's, 5 croc)
slash 38 (21 items, 12 ra's, 5 croc)

not sure if they'll all stack.

and to sum it up:

stats:
hits: 220/264

resists:
body: 22, energy: 22, crush: 10, cold: 22, matter: 22, thrust: 16 (3), heat: 22, spirit: 21 (5), slash: 21 (2)

skills:
11 mana, 6 light, 6 void

focus:
50 all magic

cap increases:
26 intelligence
26 dexterity
5 strength
64 hits
5 power

other bonuses:
18/10 spell range
38%/30% power pool
6 stat buff effectiveness
10 passive piercing
8 magic damage
6 duration of spells
10 casting speed

artifact abilities worth mentioning:
wolf morph
conversion: 5% of all damage dealt (to you) heals your power and endurance instead
powershield: if low on health, the target will convert available power to health.
summon elemental: summons an elemental spirit to attack the target.
bedazzled: target suffers from a magic bedazzlement that may cause him/her to fumble melee attacks, miscast magic spells or both
mesmeration/stun feedback
permanent health regen 4
permanent mana regen 2
group hp/mana heal

ps: no, i don't want to see your template, i just want your opinion basicly just about about the melee resists-thing. is it worth it all or not. i've managed to do pretty much perfect template with same artifacts but the crown. so i'd gain the croc/zahur-combo thing that could save my life with losing some resists. opinionz!

It is a bad idea, the Croc/Zahur-combo might be nice, but its not worth loosing in some cases 15% melee-resists over (crush!). Also no matter how you twist or turn it, initially you take more damage due to your flawed SC-set. Compensating flawed SC-sets with RA's seems like a waste to me + in the end you always could have gotten more resists if you did cap the resists on your SC.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
oki, thanks for the replies. it's a cookiecutter methinks...

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
got it

got it now. tweaked around a little more. includes all the arties i mentioned above; GoV, Scalars, CoZ, Eriny, Sash, Croc ring, CB and Zo. template is with champ staff.

Config Report

Stats

hits: 204/244

Resists

Body: 22 Energy: 9 Crush: 23 (2)
Cold: 22 Matter: 20 Thrust: 21
Heat: 20 Spirit: 20 (5) Slash: 24 (3)

Skills

11 Mana