Would a lvl 11 spell in RvR be a joke?

B

Biggilus

More specifically, the first Nearsight, lvl 11, 25% value.
25% would bring theurgists into bolt range... would i seriously need to bump MoF up a shitload though yea?
Was only considering it as I was gonna hit 10 Supp for group BT and it works out 24 dark would give 9 supp, 22 dark would give group BT and NS at 11 supp, and I reckon sacrificing a tiny touch of variance for two ncie utility spells is worth it.
only problem is, should I have NS on the quickbar or would it be toss? ;p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i'd ditch group BT tbh. 1 hit absorbed isnt gonna help anyone against a assist train. unless ur gonna stand there spamming it like a madman and seriously cripple your groups damage potential by not focusing your DD's on the healers or whatnot.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Well its a long range interrupt so your better of using it then not.

B

Biggilus

hm didnt think of today's assist trains, spose you're right it woudl be a bit worthless. but for BT and NS for 2 extra dark? would be 22+11 to 24+11, more thoguhts? :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i would get self BT only if i were you. if nothing else then to soak up that first hit from archers. but yeah, get nearsight. even if its low lvl its still darn handy against other casters, and even against healers sometimes when the battle is spread out..

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
you don't need it to land anyway ... it's a huge range very fast cast interupt that's all you need.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Only having 11 supp instead of 1 gives you such a huge advantage vs other casters that don't have it. Deffo get nearsight.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I have the grey NS on my Cabby and I can say it's a lifesaver, eventhough it's only 25% (which is still alot imo) it also is a 2300 range fast casting interrupt.
Also for me I cannot see how I can beat for instance a BD without it ;)
It puts bolters into nuke range aswell and as a caster you really don't want to be bolted so thats really nice eventhough it's "only" 25%.

I haven't noticed much resists of it aswell and I only have MoF1 but of course it's going be resisted more than a level 45-50 spell but due to the fast cast speed on it you can 9/10 times just spam it anyway.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know why people make out it's so amazing solo. Surely any decent caster who gets nearsighted with no purge or other option will just run? Sure a runie will be able to catch up to wizards and cabbys and elds (two of whom can NS him anyway), but every other caster can kite them indefinately, while cabbys and elds don't get speed so every caster can kite them.

Ofc it's worth using especially in groups if you're specced for it but personally I'd say go higher darkness, you'll have enormous variance at low RR already assuming you're darkcarving spec.

B

Biggilus

aye darkcarving, think ill get NS tho sacrificing 2 points in dark, if someone wants to do the maths to see what % more variance i woudl have? im just lazy :p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Void959 said:
while cabbys and elds don't get speed so every caster can kite them.

I'd like to see you kite a Cabby pet with caster speed because Cabby pet speed > caster speed.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Caster speed got an increase a while back and is over 160%, cabby pet buff speed even if spirit spec is max 160% afaik? I certainly know that with tri-spec its a lot slower than caster speed.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Get the nearsight.

A proper darkcarver spec is 48rc,11sup,22dark.

And yeah, it costs in variance. But then again, you ain't going to go darkcarver until higher rr.

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
Caster speed got an increase a while back and is over 160%, cabby pet buff speed even if spirit spec is max 160% afaik? I certainly know that with tri-spec its a lot slower than caster speed.

You do seem to forget that, depending on which pet it is, they have stun or dd. Would almost be impossible to outrun pet imo.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Argyle_Avendale said:
You do seem to forget that, depending on which pet it is, they have stun or dd. Would almost be impossible to outrun pet imo.

The main problem is you actually have to be in alot less range than NS to put your pet on someone.

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
this is about rm specc rigth ? if so either 47rc, 22d, 11s, or 47d, 26s is what seems best in my eyes, 47rc if you run with a sm or 2, 47d if you are only caster or plan to solo alot...

i went with 47rc on my rm, was fun for awhile, althou i didnt realy like to play caster so =P

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:

The spam nearsight probably knocks you out of speed however giving the pet ample time to catch up.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah and you can ofc always root the target if he is going to run out of range before setting your pet on him.
And iirc speed on pets work different than on players, if I play my sorc and send the pet to a target and run towards the same target (no sprint just speed chant) then my pet will run faster than me eventhough he should be getting the same speed.

Tilda

I had lvl 11 NS on my cabby for atleast 8 months while I was primarily spirit spec. Its not bad, it resists a few times, but if you can handle casting it for a few times before it lands then its pretty handy and awesome range interupts.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Bit of a red herring to worry about Cabby pet since if you meet a Cabby there's agood chance they're gonna have a better NS than you anyway :)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
grey ns is pretty crap, but its definately better than no ns at all.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Void959 said:
req wrote not more than a few months back:
caster 154%, horse 150%
Cant say about cabby speed but i know its faster than caster speed from what i tryed.

On topic, I think ns is worth it. Even with a level 30-40 spell you just spam it, like mess. Cast it 3-4 times and it should hit, + its long range fast cast speed interupt.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Argyle_Avendale said:

no it isnt. because any half decent RM will just root the pet, and then kill the cabby ;)

end of story

- English -

Resident Freddy
Ctuchik said:
no it isnt. because any half decent RM will just root the pet, and then kill the cabby ;)

end of story

aint there some leet rr5 ability nowadays

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I was talking about fights where you both start at large range and one player starts with NS, so no pet setting, no rooting ;) That said I didn't mean to get bogged down in the details, just showing that nearsight from long range is far from insta-win.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Think NS more use for interrupts than the actual effect in most situations; often it's purged or cured in a few sec anyhow. If no ones bothering you, can tie down 1/2 a grp with interrupts and spam it all day due to power cost.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Void959 said:
I was talking about fights where you both start at large range and one player starts with NS, so no pet setting, no rooting ;) That said I didn't mean to get bogged down in the details, just showing that nearsight from long range is far from insta-win.
No caster fights ever go like peeps say when they play em out like chess moves on forums anyhow....

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
with no level of MoF it's a 34.5% chance of a level 11 spell being outright resisted (as opposed to 15% chance of outright resist on a level 50 spell)

so you'll still land 2/3 (plus interrupt on all 3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom