Worth returning?

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Hi - It's Venerable Beard, aka Uma, Lyrra, Club and more, an old player from a long time ago.

With the up and coming clustering, and all the excitement surrounding the classic servers in the US, I was wondering if it was worth returning.

I never played Catacombs and I have a curiousity to explore those areas, but I'm wondering if the RvR is good these days, and if there's any chance we might get a classic server.

So, is it worth returning? Is there fun to be had in the frontiers now, even without a buffbot? Do buffbots and TOA still ruin the game? I want to know if I can have viable RvR without a bot, and maybe avoiding the need to get all those damn difficult to get artis (campers :mad: ).

Thoughts are very welcome.

Venerable Beard

ninaca

Fledgling Freddie
Theres kinda much action in rvr yes, but without bb it can be a real pain in the ass.. especially if your solo.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
ninaca said:
Theres kinda much action in rvr yes, but without bb it can be a real pain in the ass.. especially if your solo.

Could I have fun with a heretic? No need for a bot for them, but I wonder how viable they are in PvE and RvR.

Thought about a vamp to avoid bots too, but I hear they're gimpy at lvl 50, yes?

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
if you dont have a bb , you should pick a vamp, as they are kinda fully buffed all the time ( buffs you cant remove). errhm, im not sure heretics are that ncie in RVR. and rvr is good atm, but will get alot better at clustring..

tho PVE lack very much, hopefully it gets better at clustring.

cya ingame m8 ;)

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Outlander said:

Hi :)

I remember XPing with Rowley a loooong time ago. It was in the days of Lyonesse gobboes!

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
Ello Vene. Thought you swore never to come back ;) Look me up if you come back to alb though :)

Things havent really changed with ToA, and with upcomming cluster artis will be harder to get a hold of I recon, though MLs will be easier done.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
come back lyrra...its Dwali here your old firewiz m8...i have come back from hib prydwen to be alb again so come back and feel the love!!!

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Aragyn said:
Ello Vene. Thought you swore never to come back ;) Look me up if you come back to alb though :)

Things havent really changed with ToA, and with upcomming cluster artis will be harder to get a hold of I recon, though MLs will be easier done.

Hi mate :)

Yeah, I know I wouldn't return, but I've not found an adequate replacement for DAOC.

I finished the jedi grind on SWG and I have finished Guildwars, but in both cases I didn't find the PVP I wanted. SWG PVP was a serious lagfest for me and totally unplayable. GW PVP is fun, but it appears to only be 8v8 arena fights. Haven't tried WOW, but I hear the PVP there is crap. So although DAOC has it's problems, I'm not sure there's anything out there with large scale fights.

So are they clustering all zones? I thought they were just clustering the frontiers.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Dwali said:
come back lyrra...its Dwali here your old firewiz m8...i have come back from hib prydwen to be alb again so come back and feel the love!!!

Hi there Dwali :)

If I do return, it won't be as Lyrra...she's, err, under new management :eek6:

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
still contact me and we fix someting...can always check in DoA if i´m on...just ask anyone

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
Lyrra said:
So are they clustering all zones? I thought they were just clustering the frontiers.

No, they are only clustering frontier, and i think capital citys, but everyone can teleport to the others zones, meaning there will be 2x ToA, but everyone can teleport to both....

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
igli said:
Liddul shammy ;) yes its worth comming back imo :)

Omg, there's a blast from the past :D

Poor old Ebeneezer Goode, kobold shaman of excal, got deleted years ago so I could try hib :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom