worth it?

T

tris-

is swg worth buying yet when it comes to europe? im not botherd about the downtime as i work all day 9-4pm. also sub price is the same as all others. what is the content like, still a lot to go in etc?

E

envenom

its crap theres no content what so ever all you and the other ppl that play it is grind away at skills because theres nothing else the quests suck well they aint quests there missions oh and thats how u earn money doing 20+ missions a day.

i played it on release it was buggy as hell but most of the bugs have gone now but it just is'nt interesting. i reactivated my account about a month ago and about 2 hours after i just realised i wasted about £8

E

Ebonn

Bear in mind the above poster did the DAoC equivelent of getting to lvl4 in SWG.

:p :p :p

E

envenom

i think that everyone has an opinion Ebonn and my opinion is this game sucks. It has everything but content ;/

O

old.Cordain

What ever.
Go troll the boards of the game you actually play.

G

granny

Hmm, there is actually a fair amount of content.. it's just that it doesn't jump out at you waving it's willy in the air like in DaoC - you have to go out and search for it.

Z

-Ziro-

Originally posted by envenom
its crap theres no content what so ever all you and the other ppl that play it is grind away at skills because theres nothing else the quests suck well they aint quests there missions oh and thats how u earn money doing 20+ missions a day.

i played it on release it was buggy as hell but most of the bugs have gone now but it just is'nt interesting. i reactivated my account about a month ago and about 2 hours after i just realised i wasted about £8

Since when did you care about PvE content ebay cowboy? :p

T

tris-

Originally posted by old.Cordain
What ever.
Go troll the boards of the game you actually play.
well i did ask for oppinions, he gave one, you never so whos trolling? :rolleyes:

E

envenom

Originally posted by ZiroWiz
Since when did you care about PvE content ebay cowboy? :p

Ziro just because you and your gayboy scout buddy have a vendetta against me because i killed u two so many damn times and gave you the spam treatment.

i love abit of PVE depends what kind of PVE thou grinding no quests sure.

oh heres another reason why i dont like game, everyone has a bloody pet? did everyone you saw in the SW movies have pets? no.

I deleted my creature handler because i was bored so i started a BH only to find that a BH needs a pet to survive lmao.

save your cash m8 dont waste it.

Z

-Ziro-

:)

Tris, try looking at the post named "Boring, Dull etc SWG" some opinions about the game in that. In the end, imo, you have to try it to see if you like it.

1 thing at least. SoE is fixing and adding new things to the game everyday. E.g. (yes Envenom CH is broke) CH line, broke but getting fixed this very month. Compare that to savages in DAoC. A class so ridicolous and it's been left untouched since February and instead they come up with a Disney add on called Atlantis (lol?)

And Envenom, please tell me who my gay scout friend is? :) and when did you pwn me so much? was it all that time I spend solo in emain with my wiz? Relax and have a tea :)

E

envenom

tell me your avarage day in SWG Ziro.

because this was mine log in go xp skills do about 20+ missions aday because thats like the only way to make cash the quests or if i could call them quests were absolute crap tbh

Z

-Ziro-

The game does have its weaknesses, I agree, but what it lacks in certain aspects it more than makes up for in other parts.

I haven't at any time aimed at making money with my char, I just had a steady flow while I made my way through the skilltrees I chose.

I nearly played for 2 months now and I haven't explored so to speak all the content. That is I don't have a house e.g. I haven't tried starting my own business of some sort but that's all things I'm looking forward to. (and I haven't been to all planets :p)

The xp system does have its pros and cons (here Im only talking about "fighting xp"):

Cons: missions, missions, missions (very true)

Pros: You can log on and play, you have total control, soloing is just as efficient as grouping. You don't have to sit around waiting for groups or set your alarm clock to get that much favoured spot at 4 fins ;)

Tbh, I havent grouped much but if I'd wanted to I could have, but I'm to eager to get my char "done" to sometimes even try getting a group. I might have missed out on some fun there but my aim was always getting my char ready for PvP.

PvP: Somewhat flawed due to some basic weapon and class balance. I made some remarks about this in another thread here. This is, however, something in progress and steps have been taken and are being taken to improve this.

The market and player community is simply superb, theres endless possibilities, I was planning on starting my own pet shop but then the CH "nerf" was announced and I've given that up. The bazaar is your friend at lower "levels" at higher levels getting to know the good shops around the galaxy is the way to go but theres endless amounts and no 2 piece of armor or weaps are the same and same go for prices. I have no vast experience with mmorpgs except daoc but in this case SWG is 1000000 miles ahead of DAoC, your vendors and the bazaar is always there if youre online or not, no waiting for that AC who took your order to get online while hes on vacation in Spain :p

The char prof system, what can I say? I love it except that it's caused me to wreck my brain so much trying to find out excactly what I wanted to be which I still quite haven't decided yet :)
1 char on each server annoys me sometimes though, I'd like it to be 2 or 3.

My average day, well it depends what mood I'm in :)
I play SWG alot more casually than I played DAoC because it allows me to (ye, you can play DAoC casually too but I rarely had the heart to leave a group I'd been waiting ages to get in).
Sometimes I take my route around the galaxy checking shops and malls looking for restocking and seeing if some new nifty stuff has been added, sometimes I go hunting for pet babies (which I won't for much longer though) sometimes I'm sat pimping in front of Coronet starport to get rid of my wares (have no house with vendor :() hang out in cantina, relax looking at char builder for 10000th time. Do missions (and yes get bored with it relatively fast) Do faction missions, go pvp solo or in group.

Your points are very valid, Envenom, but I'm comforted by the fact that it's something the devs are working on. In the end I'm in it for the PvP aspect which I would imagine you are/were too, so thats where Im hoping to see some improvement most atm.

Too long is this post now :)

Regards

R

Rei-Ki

Originally posted by ZiroWiz

Pros: You can log on and play, you have total control, soloing is just as efficient as grouping. You don't have to sit around waiting for groups or set your alarm clock to get that much favoured spot at 4 fins ;)

this i like - it was when i was getting up at 6am for tree group whilst goin from 49 - 50 with my paladin that i realised DAoC was bad for my health... :D

F

Faeldawn

Crafting system in SW:G is good imo, much better than its DAoC equivalent and the fact that everything has to be player made is great.

Quests and missions are crap, only once in a blue moon are they interesting.

Theme park's are incredible the first few times you do them, but the novelty of gaining access to Jabba's Palace wears off soon enough.

PvP is poor, and seems almost tacked-on and not fully developed.

PvE is tedious, just like any other mmorpg, but its not as bad as Daoc.

Problem i found was that the novelty of living in the Star Wars world wore off after a few months and i found myself in a second-rate mmorpg with nothing interesting (interesting for me) left to do.

R

--Random--

Originally posted by envenom

there was once a time when i'd flame you and tell you your wrong. but im starting to agree. i gave the game up after around 2 months of play. i have to say i did find it extremely entertaining for the first month or so, but then... there just didnt seem to be anything to do! it was either grind at missions or grind on normal mobs for exp. the grouping system is god aweful, i dont like the idea you can have loads of people in a group and basically gain absolutely nothing from it. there should be a limit of about 8 people per group.

there isnt a great deal of content, i agree with that. there just isnt anything to particularly 'aim' for.. i mean whats the point of becomming a master bounty hunter? in daoc (even tho i dont like daoc) there was an aim, to pvp.. (even tho i dont think pvp was pulled off well). in UO there were multiple aims.. to pvp, to pvm, to do guild work, to trade etc etc. in swg... theres just nothing to it. just a game where you work your arse off for seemingly nothing.

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by --Random--
daoc (even tho i dont like daoc) there was an aim, to pvp.. (even tho i dont think pvp was pulled off well)

Well, maybe not from an armsman's point of view. ;)

T

tris-

well i think i will buy it anyway, £30 is crap all when i got nothing else to buy hehe. think i will take up a craft or something.

R

rynnor

If the community is good then the game itself doesnt really matter - I was bored of DAOC the game within 6 months but stayed for ages because of the guild/friends.

I've found Euro servers are generally friendlier and more mature than the US servers so it should be a laugh!

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by rynnor
If the community is good then the game itself doesnt really matter - I was bored of DAOC the game within 6 months but stayed for ages because of the guild/friends.

I've found Euro servers are generally friendlier and more mature than the US servers so it should be a laugh!

Cantina's are a lot of fun it has to be said, and playing a Musician should suit you nicely imo :)

The game content really isnt there atm im afraid tho, cheaper to go on irc.

Users who are viewing this thread