Worth Comming Back ?

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
Hey all, am thinking of returning to the game after quite a long time off

im wondering if there is any point, when i played last (EU Servers) there was massive population problems, i almost switched to US servers because of it but with RL getting busy at the time i gave it up

if i did come back id be looking to roll on alb again as i miss my old inf and the fun i had with her over the 6 or 7 years i played first time round

so.... is there any point comming back or is the game dead these days or worse, nerfed to hell and back ?

thanks all

hope to be landing PA's on some of you soon :)

Duze

Loyal Freddie
Hey there... I've just come back after a long time so I can give you my observations!

Firstly, your EU characters are still available to you if you still have your account details, you just transfer them over to the american server (ywain). If you can't remember the password, a quick call to the HelpDesk in America usually sorts it out - my call only cost under £1 in total (from UK) and the lady was really helpful and sorted it out in minutes.

Server population seem to be around 3k-3.5k max (thats mostly primetime on weekends). Normally its around 2-2.5kish.

You'll need a new template if you've been away a long time. I did a search on a few sites and found one that seemed ok, then just sold a lot of bounty points for cash and managed to do a completely up-to-date template in a week. Depends what realm rank your old chars are, and how many bounty points you have in order to be able to do this though. I also managed to get onto a couple of ML10 raids with my cleric and got items I could use/sell,which helped a lot. These seem to run a lot - if you have any combination of ML9 wizard/heretic/cleric/armsman/scout, you'll probably get into one of these quite easily.

As to how the soloing is... hm I don't know, I'll leave that up to people who actually attempt to solo.

Its worth giving it a go - if you haven't played in ages you'll get 2 free weeks when you activate your account, and thats long enough to get you hooked again :p

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
heya, thanks for the quick reply, i had 5 accounts worth of toons when i left my main was my inf and iirc she was rr10l3 or so

if i could get her back that would be cool but im not holding out much hope, its been about 6 years since i logged in last lol

what would be nice is if i could choose a toon or 2 from each account to make up a new account (wishful thinking perhaps but what the hay)

another thing im curious about is DAOC 2....... ive read that it may be on the horizon but not sure if thats propoganda/wishful thinking but if true then now probably isnt the best time to reroll.....

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
Hey u!

DAoC 2 was cancelled years ago :(

And remember when u login to your EU accs u need to type LOGINNAME_EU and your old password.. if u cant remember the password, u need to call EA to get a password and get the accs up and run again :)

Good luck and hope u like the game again :)

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
well that sucks, oh well i was expecting something along thoes lines

you really think i can get the accounts back after sooooo long, over 5 years ! ?

and i take it ill need to reactivate my BB, or have they fixed that ?

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
just been watching some utube inf vids, i miss it already !

Punishment

Resident Freddy
All you need is the account username and access to the email addy you originally used to make the account, you can even do it with just the username if said email acc is closed by ringing EA

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
id have to ring them then, that emails address went the way of the dinosaur years back lol

whats the deal with bb's these days ?

Himse

FH is my second home
lol i take it you mean it isnt worth comming back, can you say why you dont think its worth it ?

RvR isn't decent at all.

It's basically just a bunch of French people zerging, whether it be visible or stealthed.

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
just w8 for the german xfer and then activate

there is a name i remember, good to see some of the old crew still playing ;)

so whens that transfer happening ?

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
there is a name i remember, good to see some of the old crew still playing ;)

so whens that transfer happening ?

Greetings,

In last weeks Producer's Letter we have announced free character transfers from Glamorgon to Ywain. While we don't have the exact date yet, we have updated our Character Transfer Guide and FAQ to answer some of your questions:

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
wouldnt it be better to join before the transfer so i can sort out template etc and be ready for the new peeps

Everz

FH is my second home
It'll be zergs no matter what, play if you want to tbh.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Im really not having fun atm, i might be letting my subs run out in a couple weeks or so

Everz

FH is my second home
gl with that noone wants accs for a dying game :p.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Not gonna renew either.. Summer is here and then I am leaving for Valencia :)

Faith PvP does it for me atm

Everz

FH is my second home
How much for though, cant be anything triple figured.. was never saying there wasn't the offers.. just ones that didnt meet my valuation.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
How much for though, cant be anything triple figured.. was never saying there wasn't the offers.. just ones that didnt meet my valuation.

prolly gonna end up selling for 150 dollars :p which isnt alot but the game sux anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom