Worth coming back ?

Jace

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all,

I stopped playing SWG prior to the player mounts / vehilcles and was wondering if it's worth coming back?

Has allot changed that might interest someone who really would like to get in to the game but just couldnt get past the miriad of game/profession stopping bugs?

I'd be interested to hear some thoughts :)

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Ey up :)

A lot of the bugs are gone, yeah, but unfortunately new ones get introduced every patch...

...and the biggest problem is boredom now. I've stopped playing, not logged on for a couple of weeks, just cba, they keep fucking it up. First there's not enough content and no loot, so they add some content, but only in 1 place at a time and with uber loot... so it's camped stupid for weeks.

I thought that like any mmorpg what would really make the game is the people you play with, so I joined a PA. Who all started promptly leaving the game due to boredom. So I moved into a player city. And the mayor gave up the game from boredom and the city shut down. Tum ti tum :D

Not renewing my accounts, one of them's expired already, will shut the other one down soon as I can drag myself away from Silent Storm long enough to bother ;)

pig

Fledgling Freddie
they are patchin publish 7 today with a load of new stuff... they attempted to add new "improved" crafting but the entire community (apart from the dev loving bum boys) hated the idea so althou it will go live, it will be Hotfixed out by tomorrow!

corellian corvette sounds amazing... a private dungeon for only your group! 3 different types of corvette are available to Rebel / neutral or Imperial groups! and apparently its very very hard! (rebel troopers with medium armour 60% resists walk the corridorrs)

Loot is still pants... only place worth going for loot is the borgle bat cave, and that is camped by AFK macro looters.

My friend and I recently took down a Nightsister elder (300K ham, heavy armour and 100% kinetic resists)... took nearly 2 hours of unarmedhit3, 2 resurections (for my friend :p) and 2 rebuffs :D Not bad going for a pair of TKM's!

an guess wot! no loot!

They have also removed jedi perma death and replaced it with minor skill loss and death buffers... and they will soon be changing the way you unlock your FSCS to a quest based system. BH will be able to use droid track to find them, and NPC jedi missions should also work!

GCW could be fixed with this patch also, but im betting there will still be some annoying expliots that will screw everything! But at least the defence stacking templates are nerfed / fixed!

Oh an no more random +/- 50% buffs! Docs will now be able to buff for exact amounts based on buff packs base effectivness * location and wound treatment! They will also be able to overwrite a crap buff if needed! (no more tards runing around with buff pack a's giving ppl 40 buffs for 3 hours)

should give you something to do for a few days at least ;)

**EDIT
http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/recent_test_updates.jsp?page=In Testing
patch notes :D

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
I am still loving it - dunno what you guys problem is.

Admittedly - the loot system needs love badly but overall SW:G is a ton more interesting than EQ, DAoC and whatever other mmorpg there is out there.

I am playing on a nice server, though... might be different elsewhere.

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
and what server is that? :p

i quited just before the mounts, then played FFXI, quited, bought ToA ( wich was really dumb) , so reactivated my SWG acc again :cheers:

i'm on Eclipse now

do you have any good links for EU PA's?(on EU servers) :clap:

kosh

Loyal Freddie
today i had a run in with 3 sith it wasnt pretty :) 1st time ive played the game in a month or two, maybe its time to go back........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom