Worst Mistake

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm sure everyone has had a really bad and costly mistake while playing BF2, so what was it then?

Mine happened a few minutes ago while located in a Blackhawk on Songhua Stalemate. I was throwing C4 out and rushed so much that I seem to forget that you only carry 5 of them, so with the fifth one gone and me still pressing the left mouse button I mistakenly detonated the lot with the 5th pack not far enough away from the Blackhawk killing all those onboard and resulting in a -12 score.....whoops.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Are you unemployed?

I have not made any major mistakes...I have had a death streek of 11 or so, so I guess thats a mistake of sorts.

did you get banned from the server?

Poag

m00?
Punish Bans only last for the map.

Worst mistake.....coming in for a bombing run...bombs away...hey whered all those blue dots come from?

Or when i have been playing USMC on M. City, got team switched but didn't know..and went off and blew up all our artillery and sat dish.

:touch:

Embattle

FH is my second home
dysfunction said:
Are you unemployed?

I have not made any major mistakes...I have had a death streek of 11 or so, so I guess thats a mistake of sorts.

did you get banned from the server?

Nope, only work 4 days a week :)

Nope, don't think I got punished for all of them :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm afaict it was just after I swapped sides....oO

also I seem to die alot, or people like killing medics, or I'm crap. prolly the latter :)

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Forgetting to switch my SA80 back to automatic when fighting in closed in areas. I do this far too often.

Probably not my worst mistake but I can't think of any atm.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Fu She Pass, seeing a mobile AA 'obviously' an enemy and heading towards my base I'd just come out of. See no tag at all, assume enemy still, don't check minimap (although I have a theory about this anyway). Fire AT, just as friendly tag WITH '+1' becomes visible, get kick/banned from server when punished :/.

That theory? I think in some situations, mostly when travelling fast in a jet or chopper though, you don't see an icon on minimap until you see the tag on the model. At least it feels like this. Squint at minimap on smallest scale, see no friendlies, line up for bombing run on the target vehicle, squint at minimap on medium scale, still no friendlies, carry out bombing, right on top of friendlies as well as enemies *grrrr*.
There's also, of course, something about friendly in enemy vehicle == looks like enemy on the ground mode of jets, but I believe it won't get a lock for the bomber in 2 seater jets, just no cross over the target square. *sigh*

-Ath

TdC

not realizing that people actually listen to me while I faff about being a commander ;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
im shit at flying choppers so was running about nmy bas sticking c4 on the black hawks, not realising as sql peeps spawn on me and jump the black hawks, both of em were airbourne when i pessed the nice re button, and got kicked from server

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Using my AA missiles on a Havok when there was a blackhawk full of troops nearby, missiles sailed straight past the Havok (despite the 'shoot' tone) and into the Blackhawk; about 8 TKs in one go... :( and out the door I go.

TdC

trying to squad with Bazerka :) my death-streak is up to 17 after last night :eek:

;)

weevil

Fledgling Freddie
Gale said:
Punish Bans only last for the map.

Worst mistake.....coming in for a bombing run...bombs away...hey whered all those blue dots come from?

Or when i have been playing USMC on M. City, got team switched but didn't know..and went off and blew up all our artillery and sat dish.

:touch:

lol, brilliant. the change in language didnt phase you!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
weevil said:
lol, brilliant. the change in language didnt phase you!

You can change the VOIP to be English all the time so no you wouldnt notice

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Worst mistake, finally got BF2 after all this time wanting it. I get all the technical troubles sorted and get into the famed FH server, I got into the squad chopper as pilot and was determined to show my "leet piloting skills", then get a chorus of 'need pickup!!'s as I lift off, I start to turn the chopper round with half my squad in it, lag up and end up in a tree and minus half the heli's hp :( wasnt too bad in a way but already I could see people screaming 'amagaad! let someone else fly!!'

I imagine it didnt look good as a first impression :(

highest death streak of 14, I spent the first three days ingame with increadibly bad screenlag, mainly due to dodgy radeon drivers. During that time I couldnt kill anything or anyone, and all my points where made up from healing and reviving people, as it was the only thing I could do. The problem is that now that I can actually do alright, I still have the really bad stats to sort out :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom