Worse performance with new graphics card

rure

Fledgling Freddie
A while back I bought a Radeon 9800pro thinking my old Geforce FX 5200 acted like a bottleneck for the computer. But for some reason I seem no change or sometimes even worse performance with the new card. I have an AMD xp 2600+, 1 gig ram, 120gb hdd. I am using the newest drivers ofc.

Anyone happen to know why I get this rather awkward perfomance change? I've heard something about that certain motherboards dont cope very well with the Radeon-family. Any truth in that?

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Is your motherboard Asus btw? had loads of problems with ATi and asus boards.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
ASRock K7S8XE motherboard ;<

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Update your motherboard drivers or try reinstalling the ones from the cd then restart pc.

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Might be worth a complete reinstall of your OS to get rid of any Nvidia gubbins still lurking.

Natswoo

Banned
Hmm, i've got the same motherboard and have also recently updated to a AtI9800 pro 128meg from the 5200 and i notice conciderably better performance.... try deleting all the nvidia software that you downloaded and update all games so that they run off the new gfx card, otherwise you might need to reformat you HD

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
ASRock is a sub-division of Asus, might possibly be the problem as they use the same BIOS team afaik.

As for drivers, look here...

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

Driver Cleaner does a great job of cleaning up the crap that Nvidia leaves behind. I would also recommend a re-install of the latest DX9 runtime.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i have a Asus mother board and i had a 9800pro but burned like a chicken in the oven at 300C. It random crashed about every hour when playing daoc.
now i have X800pro and and no problems now. its not all gfx card that have problems whhit Asus mbs but some versions of them have.

Have a professional check this out couse i didnt find eny cures for the problem. IT BURNED :flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom