worrying thing

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
bro logged onto Fh earlier and his spyware detector ran a scan.. was 2 password spying progs running, seemingly piggyback from FH.. can anyone confirm this is going on and stop it please.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Programs "piggybacking" from a browser based forum.

Right.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:
bro logged onto Fh earlier and his spyware detector ran a scan.. was 2 password spying progs running, seemingly piggyback from FH.. can anyone confirm this is going on and stop it please.

Highly unlikely, how does he know that it was FH that "piggybacked" the hostile code, what are the names of these password spying programs.

The only thing that will remember your password is a cookie from freedys house and that is encrypted using MD5 one way hashes, so is fairly secure.

Sounds like yo have got some dodgy downloads from peer to peer software, does your brother by chance use p2p, or opened an email with an od attachment?

:m00:

Chilly

Balls of steel
unless the site was hacked, only deebs (and ted maybe) have the power to put something so evil onto the site - deebs detests daoc players with a vengeance but he wouldnt nick your passwords :p

now, much more likely is that some wanker linked to a dodgy site and your brother, the moron he is, clicked it and get owned.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
I think you can sort this out - tell your bruv to stop downloading so much man-pr0n ;)

I let my housemate on my 'puter to play Planetside for the first time and went to bed - came down next morning and my desktops got 4 p00n diallers all over it. Took me over an hour to trace them all back and sort out the reg, etc. and when he finally emerged from his pit and i asked him if he was "browsing" he said, "nah, i finished playing PS then turned it off" :|

lying bastard :p

Tilda

lol at this thread!

I WANT J00R PASSWURDS!!!!11

afaik theres no such crap in FH :p

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
You can't get anything 'piggybacking' through something thats purely HTML. Maybe it was something from a link he followed from FH.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
i wonder if it will pass the 'human-computer' barrier and we will all succum to a new deadly password spouting virus - where you run around shouting out random passwords that you have!

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Gawd I wish I hadnt read this thread...maybe now I too am infected!!

~wanders off ringing a bell in front in myself shouting "unclean unclean"~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom