World PvP

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Where is it? everyone seems to be only playing scenarios and while they can be fun, it's not what I signed up for :(.

Order are attacking one of the Tier 2 Keeps, but no one wants to help defend, they are all too busy waiting for their fav scenario, and to be honest this is the first keep attack I have seen in over a week.

I was hoping for some serious world PvP in this game, is it going to be like this all the way through? Please don't tell me end game is going to be all about scenarios. I know its a lot easier to join a ready made battlefield than it is to organize defense and attacks on world areas, but I am really hoping Mythic make it so world PvP is more rewarding than scenarios.

Maybe I just miss understood what the game was ment to be, and it was indeed intended to be based in instanced scenarios, I was standing outside a dwarves camp last night waiting for someone to come out so we could have some world PvP, but the only thing I see was people appearing and vanishing as they entered and left scenarios.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
There's a merry Order zerg painting Dragonwake all blue right now. ;)

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
maybe I just chose the wrong server then :(, I have moved to sitting outside the high elf warcamp and again am seeing little activity other than people zoning in and out of scenarios.

edit, just read you said 'order'... is Destro actually trying to stop you, or are they only doing scenarios, which if so again highlights my concern.

Merrilow

Fledgling Freddie
The game hasn't been live that long, once everyone gets up to L40 there'll be alot more high end rvr going on

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
On Karak Azgal we have had lots of zergy action in the Avelorn open rvr zone the last three days. Back and forth and back and forth. Not really my cup of tea but theres plenty of rp to be made if one is so inclined.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
from what i understand, scenarios = more xp, world pvp = more rp

once people are capped out more likely to siege, and also,doing the top tier scenarios will get very dull after 3 months :)

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I was enjoying the scenarios up until last night (even though it was getting a little repetative), I logged in today and just lost the will to play for some reason.

Guess I must have overplayed the scenarios yesterday, maybe I need a few days break and then see if I can get back into it.

Mabs

I was enjoying the scenarios up until last night (even though it was getting a little repetative), I logged in today and just lost the will to play for some reason.

Guess I must have overplayed the scenarios yesterday, maybe I need a few days break and then see if I can get back into it.

dunno how it varies over the other servers, but i get piss bored of Tor Anroc and NOTHING ELSE, ALL DAY

wish people would queue for more stuff more often

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I just wish people would do PvP other than in scenarios.. all those Keeps to attack in the different areas sitting there with no love.

While Scenarios can be fun at times they are not really what I was looking forward to, there are plenty of games out there that offer 12v12 (or what ever it is) on small maps and don't have a monthly charge.

I'm sure I notice it tell me that everyones rank is temporarily increased to the same lvl in the scenarios, which again removes the whole point of actually lvling.

Mabs

I just wish people would do PvP other than in scenarios.. all those Keeps to attack in the different areas sitting there with no love.

While Scenarios can be fun at times they are not really what I was looking forward to, there are plenty of games out there that offer 12v12 (or what ever it is) on small maps and don't have a monthly charge.

I'm sure I notice it tell me that everyones rank is temporarily increased to the same lvl in the scenarios, which again removes the whole point of actually lvling.

keeps are a bit buggered atm:

postern door probs
lord probs
gate probs
etc
etc

so scenario is "safer"

and as to leveling, debatable, even in T1, a "auto up to lvl 8" vs a lvl 11 = no conest :) *

*unless the lowbie is a bright wizard, or a priest of sigmar.. /hides

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
and as to leveling, debatable, even in T1, a "auto up to lvl 8" vs a lvl 11 = no conest :) *

Hehe

That said, its not too bad in T1 because renown rank isn't too much of a factor yet and neither are masteries. T2 and T3 you're going to have your arse handed to you big time without a few RRs and masteries.

Regardless, I'd still rather play scenarios than just PvE. If I wanted to just PvE I'd go back to WoW but this is waaaaay too much fun, even if slower to level in some ways :)

Had some absolutely ace Tor Anroc runs last night. Won some, lost some. Coming back to win 500:495 after starting off really badly then watching the lads and lasses rally is just great fun.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
keeps are a bit buggered atm:

postern door probs
lord probs
gate probs
etc
etc

so scenario is "safer"

Plus you don't run into a 2:1 Destruction zerg in a scenario.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
there isnt much reward gain to rvr openly unfortunatly i enjoy it, but the problem is that the exp and rp rewards are next to nothing compared to doing scenarios. Even taking the keeps are objectives dont really return that much rps.

even loosing at a tier 3 scenario can gte you about 300+ rps taking the objective gives 400 rps then another 400 if you camp it for 2 and a half minutes.

The problem is that the lock down on the objectives is so long your effectivly waiting 30 minutes (if the other side retake instantly) for it to be taken again.

in that same time you could have done several scenario runs. Mythic need to address the reward and gain for both scenarios and open rvr, i always suspected that scenarios was somthing to do inbetween questing and pveing and open rvr.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
1100 RP for killing the Lord of a T4 keep
500 RP for being near a BO when the capture starts
500 RP for being near a BO when the defend timer runs out

about 500+ RPs for a solo kill of someone within 5 Ranks of your own.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh, I had enough of "scenarios" in AoC
I really don't like that BF1942 feel you get with X vs X players for X minutes.

Although keep takes can be a lesson in frustration at times, the internal layout, coupled with collision detection and a lack of tanks as an order player makes me wanna scream at times.

But I still won't play scenarios, the idea of
War is Everywhere - in instances, with queues, for set periods of time
is just laughable

Besides, beating a destro zerg when outnumbered is too much fun.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
On my server the Tier 4 open rvr has started to see daylight. Big Zergs in Praag etc. In a couple of weeks (when more ppl have reached 40) my guess is that Tier 4 open RvR will start to get very intense with keep fights and everything. Thats how it was in closed Beta and tbh that was waaaaayy more fun than this Scenario-wow-thing.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
I had the same fears as you m8:) But i feel pretty confident now that people wil indeed participate in world rvr. I had some fun chasing people between keeps doing quests etc. I had a few really fun solo fights this far there. In ostland etc.
I think it will be a lot better when we all level 40 though. I agree about the scenarios, they are ok but gets very boring. Its like a leser version of labby in daoc imo^^
/sol.

Ashash Saleem

Fledgling Freddie
Where is it? everyone seems to be only playing scenarios and while they can be fun, it's not what I signed up for :(.

Order are attacking one of the Tier 2 Keeps, but no one wants to help defend, they are all too busy waiting for their fav scenario, and to be honest this is the first keep attack I have seen in over a week.

I was hoping for some serious world PvP in this game, is it going to be like this all the way through? Please don't tell me end game is going to be all about scenarios. I know its a lot easier to join a ready made battlefield than it is to organize defense and attacks on world areas, but I am really hoping Mythic make it so world PvP is more rewarding than scenarios.

Maybe I just miss understood what the game was ment to be, and it was indeed intended to be based in instanced scenarios, I was standing outside a dwarves camp last night waiting for someone to come out so we could have some world PvP, but the only thing I see was people appearing and vanishing as they entered and left scenarios.

Basically at the moment, the game is new, people are trying to get that initial goal of lvl 40, the easiest and quickest way to do this is to grind scenarios.

They are also grinding characters in scenarios quickly then trying other clases, eventually once people have explored all the classes and more people hit 40 then eventually you will start seeing more world RvR, give it a bit more time and eventually it will settle down.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
I totally agree, what attracted in WH was the open world RvR. you come here and then find out its Scenarios wow style all over again.

Imho they should increase exp gained from open RvR and totally remove scenarios, if we wanted scenarios we would play wow.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I think world PvP will happen more as more people reach 40.

Scenario are fun and most people find them still reasonably fun after 10 or so plays. They also give reliable amounts of exp and renown.

Once people hit 40 they won't need exp. Once alot of people are 40 it will also make it much simpler to form guild groups etc. All it takes is a few good guilds to be running scenarios at 40 and the PuGs that join will just get wiped. I think this will encourage alot of the casual players to move to open world rvr where they can have fun while not getting farmed quite so much by the stronger guilds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom