World of Warcraft

T

Tranquil-

Anyone changing fields once this baby gets ready to rumble?
Or has DAoC got enough pull to keep you here?

P

Psy|:m00:

Probably be shifting over, games only have so much of a playable life in t hem and by the time WoW is realeased Daoc would be 2 years and running :p

S

Solid

I got hih expectations for WoW and I love the Warcraft world, the world design is gorgeous, so vivid and colourful. Can't wait, wish Blizzard weren't so damn secretave

N

Nishar Sunee

Release time according to game is first quarter of 2003, should be a good game.

B

Bitney

Since starting DAoC i said id leave when next MMORPG comes out. So far i've tried Earth and Beyond and Neocron, both sucked so bad im still in DAoC.

Ive kind of lost faith in all the upcomming MMORPG's, lets hope DAoC 2 comes out soon :)

World of Warcraft does look good though (but so did E&B and Neocron) :D

N

Nishar Sunee

Been watching my friend play neocron, looks really good, expecially since they've finally released a brittish server, might try it out when i get bored.

B

Belsameth

playing Neocron now, and loving it.
will definatly try WoW too tho. tho I fear it lacks as much in depth as AC2 does. making it even more "lite" then DAoC

T

Tesla Monkor

Blizzard's trackrecord of deliving games in time is non-existant. Diablo 2 took a hell of a lot longer than anticipated. I'll agree that WoW looks pretty spiffy, but I fear that it will be filled with the same type of people that killed Diablo 2.

Kinda like the PvP server will be, but only worse. :)

E

erl

Kind of hard to answer before one has tried the game huh? :)

Will maybe try it, if I like it, who knows what will happen?

S

SFXman

SI will keep me here for a long time. Can see myself playing this game 6 months after us europeans get SI.
Changing MMORPG's can occasionally be so damn difficult. Better to be one heck of a vet in one game than a newb in a new game :p
That's just my opinion though... as to WoW, I never liked Warcraft so...

S

stu

SWG will be out before WoW, and that's the one you should be waiting for...

O

old.Pempula

Originally posted by stu
SWG will be out before WoW, and that's the one you should be waiting for...

SWG's only strongpoint is probably the fact that it is based on Star Wars. Other than that it is probably below average sh*t. The name will certainly sell. A well done LOTR MMORPG and everyone would be playing that...

M

Melodic

why do people insist on comparing DAoC and SWG? They're two completely different genres.

I don't like sci fi so doubt i will even try it.

I

Ilphrim

A well done LOTR MMORPG and everyone would be playing that...
Well theres one on its way last I heard. But then again there was a bit of a problem between the publishers and the software company making it

O

old.Kladen

Originally posted by Ilphrim

Well theres one on its way last I heard. But then again there was a bit of a problem between the publishers and the software company making it

think of huge middle earth map! <drools>

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.Kladen

think of huge middle earth map! <drools>

*sniffle* Sierra (at least I think it was Sierra) had a Middle Earth MMORPG in the pipeline (long before the movie) and cancelled it again...

A well done LoTR MMORPG and I would be gone in a flash.

B

bewal

I'd really like Forgotten Realms Online...

WoW as world doesen't interes me one bit. Might look pretty but...

SB and SWG are the ones I wait for.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I might gives SW:G a shot if it's not too twitchy for old me.
*dreams of owning a droid factory*

S

SFXman

I have always preferred MMORPG's that are set in times where you have swords, magic and all that... SWG is not my thing really and I agree with someone here who said it will sell a lot because of its name as well. The game might be awesome but, ah... don't know. I have to try it at some friends house when it comes out before I can decide anything.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

On a sidenote - funny that no one is talking about Shadowbane anymore, isn't it?

I fondly remember all those:
"fix dis goa or i ll go play shadowbane!!1" posts... hehe

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I will happily play it in 2005:D

I wasn't saying it is available now, but it's in the works..
2 years isn't so long to wait for a LOTR MMORPG.. if it's good that is. Although it would have to be quite different in gameplay than DAOC and all the other MMORPG's out there for me to play it..

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by danskmacabre

I wasn't saying it is available now, but it's in the works..

*notices how grumpy Dansk is, since his 'keep ownage' post...*
;)

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
*notices how grumpy Dansk is, since his 'keep ownage' post...*
;)

*Notices that Uncle sick is ultra sensitive and takes offense at the drop of a hat..*

:D

C

Cowled

Originally posted by Tranquil-
Anyone changing fields once this baby gets ready to rumble?
Or has DAoC got enough pull to keep you here?

Yep.. Im just here untill something els comes along.. something with fights, roleplay, and stuff..

DAoC can't hold me back :)

:wub: Blizzard Intertainment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom