[20:18] <sectah> 57 mins waiting time now

[17:44] <nages-_-w0w> 177
[17:44] <nages-_-w0w> startet at 658 ^^
[17:47] <|TFO|KaiN^WoW> que 163
[17:47] <Daszoeb> 53
[17:47] <Wess^8]> 115

[21:26] <[M7]> Wow euro forums down?
[21:26] <Komodo> always
[21:26] <[M7]> HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
[21:26] <[M7]> something new every few hours.. ;)

Gl hf, i had all of the problems already, stay at daoc ppl

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
need to hold on to the daoc players, so its here :)

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Heh. And still some people go like, "Great launch Blizzard! Almost everything went well!". GoA/Mythic would've been lynched by the angry mob if this happened.

I sent a mail to Blizzard's Customer Service last friday, and I still haven't heard a thing. Not even a confirmation email. So far for that 24/7 support, eh?

I'm enjoying the game, but the next person that claims that Bliz is all that better than Mythic/GoA needs a firm kick in the heid!

Raewyn

Fledgling Freddie
It's so easy to compare two games / companies, when the other has been around and in development for 3 years and the other for what ? 3 days ?

I doubt DAoC was flawless at launch and I doubt the launch was anything compared to the scale of the launch of WoW. So I'd say it was a good launch. Servers are up and running.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Blizzard fanboi or anything. I'm not saying the launch was perfect, but it was better than I had expected.

My only point is that it's completely ridiculous to make this kind of threads all over the forums, especially DAoC ones, when you can't really compare the MMORPG's together.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
WoW got alot more players then DAoC aswell.
There were people standing outside the gamingstore because it was full innside. Never was like that when DAoC released :p

protvanglad

Fledgling Freddie
I got my copy today (13/2) and I logged on a medium population pvp server, no problemo. Ofc I'm very new to jump into any conclusions. I suppose the trouble is with the high population servers. I'm wondering what will happen if I find out that my friends have gone to a highly populated server...

Anyway, apart from that, WoW is great, its fresh, nice graphics - a lot different than DAOC, NO downtime at all, great questing system, PvP havent tried it yet.

And when I compare it to daoc I get the bitter taste of TOA and ofc WoW is the winner.

I would suggest that DAOC end-game is better than WoW but it is a time-sink and frustrating and only good for hardcore players while WOW is far more casual player friendly, at least for people who cant stay 24/7 in front of a computer screen.

Ah, and from what I read on forums, CC is far better in WOW and you dont get mez mez stun nuke nuke stun death. Nice one !! :worthy:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
protvanglad said:
Ah, and from what I read on forums, CC is far better in WOW and you dont get mez mez stun nuke nuke stun death. Nice one !! :worthy:

nope. insted u get a rogue that stun hit hit stun hit hit stun hit dead, insted..

theres no immunity timers in WoW. so they CAN chain stun u with no problem.. and the deminishing return isnt gonna be implemented until battlegrounds hit afaik.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Wazkyr said:
DONT PLAY WOW:

Account Creation Pages Down
Forums Down
Loooooooooooooooooooooong queues

[17:54] <impulse`> i got disconnected from the internet
[17:54] <impulse`> so i ended up in 550 man queue
[17:54] <impulse`> all fine
[17:54] <impulse`> i wait 1.5 hours
[17:54] <impulse`> i log back in
[17:54] <impulse`> "NO INSTANCE SERVERS ARE AVAILABLE"

[18:59] <Harmoni> GD!!!!! Queue 670

[20:12] <Larry> i´ve been wating 2 hours now
[20:12] <Larry> i´m 32 in line
[20:12] <Komodo> 2 hours rofl
[20:12] <Komodo> i had to wait 30 mins

[20:18] <sectah> 57 mins waiting time now

[17:44] <nages-_-w0w> 177
[17:44] <nages-_-w0w> startet at 658 ^^
[17:47] <|TFO|KaiN^WoW> que 163
[17:47] <Daszoeb> 53
[17:47] <Wess^8]> 115

[21:26] <[M7]> Wow euro forums down?
[21:26] <Komodo> always
[21:26] <[M7]> HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
[21:26] <[M7]> something new every few hours.. ;)

Gl hf, i had all of the problems already, stay at daoc ppl

and it would kill u to NOT GO ON A HIGH POP SERVER?????

moron

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
strange i had no problems with signing up and havent been in a queu, odd...

and about queus, maybe its one of those servers where like 800 people on a forum agreed to all play on, ofcourse then its understandable that the server will run completely full (and serves them right, dumb zergers)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
is it just me who felt that playing a new mmorpg on day one of release was asking for trouble ?

anyway can we have the OMG WOW IS THE ROXOR threads just deleted before they even start.

tempted to go over to the WoW forums and start going OMG DAOC LOADED TODAY AND HAD NO LOG WE PWN J00 or somthing along those lines.

emma

Loyal Freddie
There's a huge difference between the DAoC and Wow launch.

DAoC was pretty much unknown when it came out, It sold ~8k copies in the US in its launch week. Compair that to WoW's 700,000.

Blizzard never expected that so ofcourse they were going to get problems with server stability/capacity. They soon rectified it by opening another 60 servers.

Problem is the few servers that were available at launch were absolutely jam packed and because people had already started the game and got to level 10+ they were reluctant to re-roll even though it would be atmost 2 hours work.

While the EU version does have its problems (login que's) it is by no means as bad as the US launch. The servers are stable with very few problems. The que's are only there while they stress test the servers for load capacity once they are confident that the servers wont go tits up they will raise the server caps abit more.

One thing is for sure even the que's of 300-400 people in-line dont put me off its only a 20-30 minute wait, the game is just too fun to let something that trivial get in the way.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Rather be sat in a queue (though seen none on my server) than play the "try to log in and get server full" game that is daoc under load. :p
Guess people forgot how "well" daoc handles crowding. :p

Not had probs with stun - ofc mage can break any CC with blink so it's less of a problem. :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Danya said:
Rather be sat in a queue (though seen none on my server) than play the "try to log in and get server full" game that is daoc under load. :p

eeeh what?? DAoC under load?? when?? where?? how???

2 times have ive seen server pop cap since release.. once was when pvp server opened and the other time were......... cant really remember that but i know ive seen it at 2 diffrent occations

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Camlann and beta spring to mind. :p
Though some of the french and german servers were quite full.

Odd that in DAoC the english pop was lowest, while in WoW english servers account for almost half of the total servers.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
playing on Skullcrusher, longest queue I've seen was 19 people ahead of me. The server was 'medium' population when I started on saturday.

not looking back to DAoC.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
solution, play on low - populated server, not a high one and you wont face ques... weak point to :flame: wow t_t

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
its the prydwen effect imo, ppl paranoid about ending up on a dead low pop server :p

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
European launch of WoW: no excuse really for Blizzard to come up short. Scary thing is they knew it was coming - look at the number of servers at launch - and Europeans still crashed their registration pages. Be interesting to see how many people have taken up WoW.

European launch of DAoC: we got 2 free weeks. Torrid memories.

US launch WoW: worse than European WoW launch. Although Blizzard had it pretty much in hand by day 3.

To early to say whatthe full impact on DAoC is but it seems to be following US pattern. Avalon, Pryd, Excal - all about one-third down at the moment. Be a case of how many more are in the process of going, how many may be going to a different game, whether any come back and - what could subsequently rub salt in the wound - how many of those that are left decide to move to US. Probably have a better idea next week.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
We're on a busy server and yes it's annoying but it's the first weekend of release what exactly did you expect?

Start logging in..read teh forums...read a magazine..book whatever.. If your still not happy move to a quieter server there's plenty of them

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
fanboy crap - plz goto your own forums and have your e-penis enlargement there

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Still amazing how many so called ex-daoc players still post here, you hate the game, yet you keep coming back...odd people.

All MMORPGs have their teething issues, lets see if WOW is still as popular once everyone is level 60, has all the uber items, maxed out toons and everything you can want in 6 months. Oh wait that sounds like SWG...the game that 99% of the DAoC population were going to leave for and never come back.

You cant compare anything yet, wait a while and then see, compare server load, high end fun, leet gank squads etc etc. WOW is spangly, mullets were the trend once, now your considered a tosser for getting one.

MOD - please move this one like the others.

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
It's not like it's hard not to click on the wow related threads or something, you might want to try to keep the crying out of these threads

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
The main reason there's some many more english servers is that this was actually marekted in the UK. Articles in The Times and Telegraph I think, TV ads, big boards in the shops, ads in gaming magazines, and of course 94 and 95% respectively from PC GAMER and PC ZONE doesn't hurt your chances in the UK. Compare that to DAoC which i don't think even got reviewd till 3-4 months in.

Queueing is annoying, but even on Ravencrest I've never had it more than 40 minutes or so and that was weekend primetime. By 10pm it was down to 3 minutes.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
as nice as it is to say "look - everyone has server problems" this is way off topic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom