Rugby World Cup - France fined for advancing on haka

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
French got fined 2.5 grand for advancing on the Kiwis poncing about on the pitch before the World Cup final. Is it just me or is that completely out of order? Why do the All Blacks get this free pass to do a Haka but every other nation has to sit and take it? Its a war dance designed to intimidate ffs, other teams should be able to get in their faces. (The Welsh should sing "Men of Harlech", the French should do a can-can and the English a bit of Morris Dancing. That'd sort them out).

taB

Part of the furniture
Dumb fuck decision. It was a sterling move to advance on the Kiwis. They should not be allowed a free pass to intimidate their opponents and be able to take it as well as dish it out.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Crazy. Absolutely crazy. I doubt it was any of the NZ players who started complaining about it. This is my favourite haka response.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I have never quite understood why the other team has to just stand there and accept it....

This is a stupid ruling. If NZ are allowed to do some stupid dance then the other teams should be allowed to do something as well...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd show 'em my arse. A bit like the scots.

Waggle my cock at 'em or summat. The best way to counter intimidation is with childishness :)

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Well, slightly disingenuous post there.

France were fined a relatively small amount for advancing over the half way line before the match started.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Was worth it just to watch the French advance. I may be alone but I wanted them to win.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Was worth it just to watch the French advance. I may be alone but I wanted them to win.

Its not often the French advance at anything either so it was good to see, they're normally going in the other direction......

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Crazy. Absolutely crazy. I doubt it was any of the NZ players who started complaining about it. This is my favourite haka response...
I remember watching that game live and thinking "That is a brilliant response."
I wonder why the crowd don't break out into "Men Of Harlech" in that situation. It would fit the mood.
Lostprophet's "Where We Belong" is my unofficial rugby anthem for Wales now. :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
cause it was in new zealand so they wont get away with it .. but if its in france or soemthing then it might have been different no ?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'd hate to be an aspiring rugby player in New Zealand, knowing if I ever get to play for my country I have to do that silly dance prior to battering a bunch of other blokes.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Haha yeah, they didn't start taking it seriously until fairly recently apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom