Working laptop GFX

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Just a post to say I'vs bought a cheap lappy with an ATI RADEON EXPRESS 200M and it works fine in all areas, even shows reflective water and full cat graphics, OK it aint at 100fps, but works well enough on low settings.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Keep meaning to install DAOC on the missus laptop which is a fairly old 2.3GHz P4, 512MB, 802.11g network card, 64MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 (its own memory not shared).

Want to see if it's barely usable for crafting on as i've just got an LCD tv (1366x768) with DVI in and can do boring stuff while watching tv via picture-in-picture mode

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Well if we're starting a working graphics thread -

Got a laptop with Mobilty Radeon X300. Works fine. Thought I was having issues when it had 512Mb memory, but upped it to 2Gb and it's fine. Would probably struggle in very large zergs, but it's been fine for grouping and minor zergs.

Darzil

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Job said:
Just a post to say I'vs bought a cheap lappy with an ATI RADEON EXPRESS 200M and it works fine in all areas, even shows reflective water and full cat graphics, OK it aint at 100fps, but works well enough on low settings.

Job.

Random question, are the mouse buttons either side of the touchpad? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom