GAME.NET Bookable - Call of Duty (2) - Available - 213.221.176.46:24961
GAME.NET Preview - Team Death Match (1) - 213.221.178.84:24960
GAME.NET Preview - Search & Destroy (1) - 213.221.178.84:24961

Probably subject to change...

Let the subs fragging begin :clap:

J

jo.

\o/

I'll pop along there one day after I've sorted out my mess of controls... CoD is the first game ever where I've thought "hmm, there aren't enough keys around the arrows !", and I refuse to be forced on to WASD ! :)

And let me bind Backspace fs !!!11

T

throdgrain

I use the arrows too m8 . Old Skool etc :)
Btw, I cant bind mouse 4 or 5 to anything, which is annoying, as they seem ideal to me for leaning keys :(

J

jo.

I was going to mention mouse4 & 5, but wasn't sure if that was CoD or Max Payne... I've had bind issues with both. :)
MP won't let me bind delete, which has been my reload button since the dawn of time. :(

Just out of interest, what buttons are you using for what on CoD ?

M

Megatron

have finally given in to WASD on it as i cant use my extra mouse buttons :( As said above there just aint enough keys around the arrows!

J

jo.

No ! I refuse to give in ! There must be a way !

T

throdgrain

Atm Im using Del and PgDn as the leaning buttons, not ideal but it will have to do :(

C

Chameleon

If it's a logitech mouse, visit the logitech driver area on their webpage and there is a 'gamers' patch which enables the mouse wheel and extra buttons in games such as CoD. I have this installed, set side mouse buttons to F11 and F12 as default and set within the 'gamer' programme 'dont reasign buttons for games' or whatever the damn thing says. Works a treat for me.

If you're having trouble binding a key, try binding it to something that will work, such as 'G', then go into your config.cfg or mp_config.cfg file and search for 'bind G' to find what G is bound to (e.g. bind G +reload), then go back into game now you know the command name and try

/bind del +reload
or
/bind delete +reload

Personally I always use qwes for movement. Therefore I have A and D as lean, f=melee, 1=prone, space=jump, alt=crouch, mouse 4=reload, mouse5=gren, wheel down=primary wep, r=secondary wep, wheelup=pistol, g=activate/use

So my keys and config are fine, my only problem is telling friend from foe, as throd knows only too well ;)

J

jo.

My config for every FPS game evar :

Arrows - movement
Ctrl - walk
Shift - Jump
Enter - Use
Backspace - Prone (if game has that feature)
Delete - Reload
End - Duck
Ins - Main Weapon
Home - Pistol
Page Up - Knife
Page Down - Grenades
Mouse 1 - Fire
Mouse 2 - Alt Fire

Anything random like torches or dropping weapons gets chucked around the keys left of Enter.

My current CoD config :

Arrows - movement
Ctrl - walk
Shift - Jump
Enter - Use
Delete - Reload
End - Duck (but no matter what I bind it to, it toggles... grr !)
Ins - Lean Left
Home - Lean Right
Page Down - Prone
Mouse 1 - Fire
Mouse 2 - Aim
KP 0 - Melee

I keep getting into fights and thinking "I need to throw a grenade" and throwing myself on the ground, or trying to get somewhere quickly and not noticing I'm ducked down. :(

Getting lean on mouse 4 and 5, shoving melee onto mouse3 and prone down to KP 0 might be good, if only 5 button mice were allowed. :(
And sadly no... not a logitech mouse, but ta for the thought. :)

C

Chameleon

Crouch will toggle, although with a script I expect a 'hold down button' one could be made to work. Basically if you use one key for prone, one key for crouch and with the addition of the jump key (stand up from any position), you can get to any of the 3 positions in one move.
Regarding the mouse buttons ......... can you not bind the buttons in windows to perform a keystroke, e.g. f11 and then bind f11 to the function you want in game? This is how I got both ms and logi mouse buttons to work in games.

A

adams901

As mentioned previously in this thread....

i dont like the fact i cant use buttons 4 and 5 on my mouse (the side buttons).

In BF1942 i have the side buttons set for crouch and prone, looks like COD wont even recognise these buttons :(.

T

throdgrain

Yep adams same for me, and I even tried putting them in manually in the config, so that when I bring up the menu ingame it actually says MOUSE4 = leanleft. It just doesnt do anything !
Chamelion is the master nading teamkiller by the way, be wary ! :D

J

jo.

'Toggling crouch' I think I explained badly... the way I like it is press and hold to stay down, that way I know all the time whether I'm ducked or not... as it is now I keep having to look at that little indicator thing in the corner. :(

And while I'm mentioning indicators, what happened to the health thing between demo and release ? I *vastly* prefer the health being displayed in the compass.

I'll have a glance at the mouse thing now, but my memory is telling me you can only bind the mouse keys to functions like "forward", "back" or "refresh"...

J

jo.

Going to the mouse driver/program thing and assigning mouse4 and 5 to F11 and F12, then binding those in the game menu works... you be a star.

Sadly it doesn't work when you do it in the Program Specific Settings bit, so it's all over Windows or not at all. :(

Now I just need to find what keys do forward/back in IE, as that's what the mouse buttons get used for most... this game'd better be worth it !!!

edit : gnaaagghhhh !! Back in IE is Backspace, which you can't bind in CoD !!!

double edit : aha, the Program Specific Settings bit works in IE, so I can have them do Forward/Back while using it... now I just worry about every other game I've bound the buttons in...

C

Chameleon

Aye this problem with mouse 4 and 5 has always existed in q3. The way around it with ms mice (if program specific doesnt work) is to bind the buttons to F11 and F12 (for example), then assign programme specific ones for IE so that it does back and forward again in IE. I always had it that way, so subsequent games always assigned to F11 and F12 when I selected mouse side buttons. Never noticed any problems tbh.
jo - with the crouch thing, I found I got used to it tbh. Pressing jump at any time will bring you to full stand if your ever not sure.
Oh also ... regarding programme specific not working for cod ......... I'm not at home, so can't check, but it could be that the game users a seperate executable for the mp version, maybe mp_cod.exe? Just a thought.

1tchy trigger

Leaning is for wimps - sidestep and spray is what I say! Arrows foreveh!

J

jo.

it does... I put both in there to no effect. :(

And, after playing one "Behind Enemy Lines" game this afternoon, I'm not convinced that leaning is all that important... any time I leant around a corner I'd get shot in the back. :(
Hopefully the other modes are more fun.

G

Gat_Decor

Originally posted by jo.
My config for every FPS game evar :

My current CoD config :

Arrows - movement
Ctrl - walk
Shift - Jump
Enter - Use
Delete - Reload
End - Duck (but no matter what I bind it to, it toggles... grr !)
Ins - Lean Left
Home - Lean Right
Page Down - Prone
Mouse 1 - Fire
Mouse 2 - Aim
KP 0 - Melee

I keep getting into fights and thinking "I need to throw a grenade" and throwing myself on the ground, or trying to get somewhere quickly and not noticing I'm ducked down. :(

Bind (key) "+movedown" in your autoexec_mp.cfg will make you 'crouch' with no toggle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom