Wooo [Xbox]

Gray

FH is my second home
So, if been on/off/on wondering if i should get an Xbox 360. The main reason i was putting off was that i dont [yet] have a TV in my room, because the previous one didnt work too well so i just didnt bother replacing it...

Then some of my close friends got one, making me wonder if i should see about getting one. I had a look at some online places [Play.com / Comet / ToysRsUs etc].

I then checked 2 other sites, namely Argos and PC World. PC World had a much nicer deal with game combinations that interested me, but then i remembered that i worked for O2 for the past 2 years.

In this 2 years ive built up a nice sum of points as part of a reward scheme, because of my perfect attendence etc, the points are the equivilent of £155 which can be spent at any Argos store. So. With this remembered knowledge i went onto the Argos site.

Luckily then had the Premium package, no games etc - For £250. So bingo. I can get this package for £95 [:D] and then i can just go and order games from either play.com or the Game-something across the road [I was SURE it was Gamestation, but apparently its not] and just spend about £100 or so on some games like...

Pro Evo 6
Rainbow Six
Smackdown 2007
Splintercell

Plus some others, but im undecided at the moment.

Gah at me though, i have to wait until Wednesday [hopefully] tp get this Xbox. dammit -.-

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Rainbow 6 and Gears of War are both great games, I really like Saint's Row and Just Cause as well. Personally I wouldn't recommend Splinter Cell, was very unimpressed with that game, Smackdown v Raw is a decent enough game though and my nephew loves it.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
cHodAX said:
Rainbow 6 and Gears of War are both great games, I really like Saint's Row and Just Cause as well. Personally I wouldn't recommend Splinter Cell, was very unimpressed with that game, Smackdown v Raw is a decent enough game though and my nephew loves it.

I would recommend Splinter cell, and throw away Saints row and just cause. But hey, we're all entitled to our own opinion :) none of the games are by any means bad, if you like their genre.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Nooo it has to be Viva Pinata - and get the accessory pack with the santa hats :)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Wonk said:
I would recommend Splinter cell, and throw away Saints row and just cause. But hey, we're all entitled to our own opinion :) none of the games are by any means bad, if you like their genre.

I dident like Splinter Cell DA, It just seemed very rushed to me and was nothing more than a cash in like Pandora Tomorrow.

Gray

FH is my second home
I thought Delkat was Tom. Woop.

Have to wait until Wednesday so all these points are transferred to some Argos Card, erk.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
I've had an xbox 360 since january and my advice is to not get one atm, way too many mediocre games and waaaaaay to many FPS.

Was playing the new zelda on my brothers gamecube, still am, and it's a damn sight better than 75% of the 360 games, the 360 games are just so average its not funny, very few great titles =s

Wait it out imo

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
~Latency~ said:
I've had an xbox 360 since january and my advice is to not get one atm, way too many mediocre games and waaaaaay to many FPS.

Was playing the new zelda on my brothers gamecube, still am, and it's a damn sight better than 75% of the 360 games, the 360 games are just so average its not funny, very few great titles =s

Wait it out imo

I do agree there are alot of very average games on 360, that said there are still probably 10 games that are well worth the money. Hopefully now that PS3 is released we will see developers raise the bar a bit rather than just release high resolution / higher texture quality versions of Xbox/PS2 games which accounts for much of the lesser quality games released on 360 this year. Developers now have 2 similair specced consoles to develop for with a rapidly expanding user base, in many ways the 'next generation' is only just begining now because until now it made more sense to port last gen games to 360 due to high development costs and a small userbase. Now they have 2 consoles to aim for and will have a 10+ million userbase by the end of the month, it is only becomes really viable to develop true next generation titles when you know you that you have a large potential audience and have a shot at selling a couple of million copies.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I've got Spinter Cell & Rainbow Six coming from play-asia this week (I hope) both for under £50 - if you don't mind waiting until after christmas for a few games I'd suggest taking a look there, though you can pick up Rainbow Six atm for £29.99 on shopto.net which is a pretty good deal.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
dont order both at once though, 'cus then you're more likely to get hit by taxes :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Stimpy said:
I've got Spinter Cell & Rainbow Six coming from play-asia this week (I hope) both for under £50

So what's the deal with ordering from Play Asia. I know if you order ones with no region protection you'll be fine, but what about if the source is asia as opposed to the states - what happens with languages, manuals, menu's etc?

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
So what's the deal with ordering from Play Asia. I know if you order ones with no region protection you'll be fine, but what about if the source is asia as opposed to the states - what happens with languages, manuals, menu's etc?

It will tell you on the webpage what languages are selectable, 99% of the time the games will have English Menus, Text, Speech and so on.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Gears of War, Smackdown v Raw 07, Pro Evo 6, Viva Pinata. Sorted. cost you more than a £100 for 4 360 games though.

BTW, I would recommend using some of the money you have saved getting either a decent widescreen PC monitor or a 32" (minimum) HD TV. you can use VGA out on a monitor to get HD resolutions. 360 ain't the same without HD

leggy

Probably Scottish
I agree with Ch3t.

Although at the very least (if you cant afford a new monitor or TV) you should shell out for the OFFICIAL advanced (RGB) scart. Makes a massive improvement on SD TVs. When I say massive I really mean it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's true, he really means it. He is always commenting on what a massive cock I have.

Gray

FH is my second home
I'll have to see... At the moment the TVs in the house are Non-HD compliant, just the bogstandard.

I have the Xbox now, connected and what not, at the moment no games but im enjoying the PGR Demo so all is good. Now, i was speaking to someone earlier, because where the Xbox is at the moment, it cannot connect into the Router/Line that i have because thats up at my PC.

This may pose problems, but then i was told that NTL charge you for using the broadband service on Xbox'. I was given a link, but it was for the standard Xbox and not the 360, no prices were shown either.

Was this a scare tactic, or have them fuckers at NTL made the final straw with this stupidity?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
NTL and Blueyonder make money out of peoples stupidity, they loaned you kit so could connect the xbox to the net (router, ap whatever) and charged you for it. Just a wireless router and access point, or a long cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom