Woo hoo....

A

Aybabtu

French servers just came up - hopefully english will follow soon :)

L

lpep

they turned the french servers on just before they knocked off for the day......

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by lpep
they turned the french servers on just before they knocked off for the day......

Wouldn surprise me :)

B

Belomar

Why us last everytime? :( Just once let the English servers come up first, please?

P

Powahhh

Originally posted by Belomar
Why us last everytime? :( Just once let the English servers come up first, please?

nah they hate us :p

B

behatch

typical,french logs the french servers first,understandable though,basterds! :)

A

Aybabtu

Aye they could for once try and have English or even German servers up before french - especially since french servers were the only ones running last night

B

bob007

Think i posted the reason last patch day, But here it is again :)

/me breaths deep.

First you patch patcher and close it.
then you start to patch servers. This works like this....

You know ppl are going get angry, So you have a system. You patch french servers first, These are the poeple that can walk, cycle or travel a short distance by car, bus or train to punch you.

While patching frnch servers, About halfway done, you start to patch german servers, These are the poeple that can travel by car,train or short plain ride to punch you.

Around the same time, You open patch servers, This serves 1 purpose, Shuts ppl up for 1 hour max, 1 hour of peace and quiet, So time for dinner while french patch finishes and german patch continues.

Now you patch english servers, These are you lowest pop servers and thus these poeple are unlikley to travel by car, train and plain over the greater distance to punch you.

Open frech servers. Wait....

Open german servers. wait......

Open english servers, Go home quick. If theres a problem on english servers, Just roll it back tomorrow. Only 4000 - 5000 ppl to complain.

L

lpep

Originally posted by bob007

/me breaths deep.

You know ppl are going get angry, So you have a system. You patch french servers first, These are the poeple that can walk, cycle or travel a short distance by car, bus or train to punch you.

While patching frnch servers, About halfway done, you start to patch german servers, These are the poeple that can travel by car,train or short plain ride to punch you.

Around the same time, You open patch servers, This serves 1 purpose, Shuts ppl up for 1 hour max, 1 hour of peace and quiet, So time for dinner while french patch finishes and german patch continues.

Now you patch english servers, These are you lowest pop servers and thus these poeple are unlikley to travel by car, train and plain over the greater distance to punch you.

Open english servers, Go home quick. If theres a problem on english servers, Just roll it back tomorrow. Only 4000 - 5000 ppl to complain.

scary thing is some of that is probably true........

ofc being a brit playing a brit server and living in France maybe i should pop round and give em a good slappin.........

H

heath

/me breaths deep.

:clap:

That actually sounds plausible !!!!

O

old.Odysseus

/me breaths deep.

[...]

I have taken the liberty to translate the above into C# code: (YES im bored!)

this.ApplyPatch(Singletons.Pathcer.Instance);

Server temp = this.GetServerContainingPeopleCloseByAndLikelyToGetAngry();
this.ApplyPatch(temp);
Sleep(1000minutes);

temp = this.GetSecondMostDangerousServer();
thisApplyPatch(temp);
Sleep(10000minutes);

this.ForgetEnglishServer();
this.GetCoffey();
this.RememberToScrewOverEnglishServers();
Sleep(100000minutes);

temp = this.TakeMercyOnEnglishServers();
this.ApplyWrongPatch(temp);

this.OpenServer("france");
this.OpenServer("germany");
this.ShutDownAndGoHome();

B

Belomar

Bah. I wasn't asking for reason, busybody. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread