WOE IS ME! Windows CE :(

Chilly

Balls of steel
OK - i'm doing driver testing with windows CE and its fucking awful and i've run into a problem, how the fuck does activesync work? Do I need to install the "server" on the device or wot?

bah!

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Chilly

What device, or Windows CE operating version, are you running?

The latest Windows Mobile devices will have the necessary ActiveSync components pre-installed. All you need to do is download ActiveSync 3.8, install it on your desktop system (Windows-only) and connect your mobile device to the computer (USB is the preferred method).

If you're running an old device then it may be that the latest version of ActiveSync won't work, in which case either visit the manufacturer's support pages or check the manual to see what syncronisation features, if any, are supported.

Kind Regards

Chilly

Balls of steel
win CE 4.2 in debug mode running as a CE PC (ie CE running on a PC for dev purposes)

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Chilly

It wouldn't surprise me if ActiveSync won't work in a simulated environment such as that (I've heard it has enough trouble at works working in real situations ;)). I can only suggest checking with Microsoft's support pages or the documentation you have.

Sorry I can't be of more help

Chilly

Balls of steel
aye been reasding the msdn stuff but it assumes quite a lot and being a noob to this CE crazyness its all a bit confusing.

cheers anyway Jonty :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
My experience of ActiveSync is pretty simple: it sucks. Plug 'n' Pray at its finest: if it doesnt work first time your in for a load of trouble and time wasting.

Not a helpful comment I know, but true ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom