.wmv files

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
Downloaded 3 movies (all 3 are .wmv files) and I can't seem to play any of 'm for some reason :twak:
Only thing windows media player does is 'downloading codecs', getting some error thingy and just play the songs, same goes for Winamp and other player proggies
Chuck%20Ball.gif

Anyone got any suggestions?
I've tried various codec packs but none of them seem to make any difference at all :(

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Could try uninstalling and reinstalling windows media player, but other than that dunno :/

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Try to upgrade the Media Player or something..

.wmv stands for Windows Media Video or something.. and wierd if you can't play them in Windows Media Player

Chronictank

FH is my second home
DivX files can be saves as wmv also, download the latest codec from wight above. I prefer .avi personally but thats jsut me :)

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, itll do that every time you dont have the video codecs installed for your download. Best bet is to install the divx codec as mentioned above, as thats a very popular codec.
If not :

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html will tell you exactly what codec you require and just google for it.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
er for wmv maybe download the media player codec pack update (i think it was called that?) from the microsoft website

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
don't forget XviD

also a very popular, very good and very free codec ;)
imo, it lets DivX eat dirt :)

but you gotta have 'em both tbh :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom