Wizards

M

MagicalMadman

Well we all know they suck specialy if firespec goa's continual persistence into nerfing them really doesnt surprise me.Even when they nerfed Vp range..Every wizz needs vp and i really wana see more godam vp grps .Stuff mes stuff bards stuff mids right up the jacksy with 6 wizzys going aoe aoe vp vp aoe DEAD cleric minstrel for tehwin.. well maybe 5 wizzys paly sorcand cleric who knows lmao

also nerf goa for changing my dam subcode when they did due to that security issue... my pc was fooked due to email virus and now i cant get my sub code as details in account are not the right and i cant change them and they wont send my details to diff adress nerfffffffff

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by MagicalMadman

also nerf goa for changing my dam subcode when they did due to that security issue... my pc was fooked due to email virus and now i cant get my sub code as details in account are not the right and i cant change them and they wont send my details to diff adress nerfffffffff

nerf you for not keeping your security uptodate tbh

N

NeonBlue

id rather be a firespec wiz any day...ive no complaints in terms of dmg he does...when he can 1 bolt an elf for 1024dmg with lvl50 spec bolt...and DD for 400+ (depending on resists) i wouldnt change my spec for anything.

its casters in general that have got the short straw....atm DAoC is a FOTM game...and until Mythic realise their killing off the caster classes thats the way it will stay!

O

old.SadonTheGrey

its casters in general that have got the short straw....atm DAoC is a FOTM game...and until Mythic realise their killing off the caster classes thats the way it will stay!

^^

O

old.Bubble

Originally posted by NeonBlue
id rather be a firespec wiz any day...ive no complaints in terms of dmg he does...when he can 1 bolt an elf for 1024dmg with lvl50 spec bolt...and DD for 400+ (depending on resists) i wouldnt change my spec for anything.

Fire wizard 4 teh win :)

C

Caedo

I love dying in two hits as a gimpy avalonian wizard, It got so fun i made myself a saracen sorc and now i only die in 4 hits weee :D

N

NeonBlue

Originally posted by Eroda
Ice spec is the way forward tbh :p

only if u have a good guild/group u can rely on...and can mezz the targets so u can go in and pbaoe em to death....without a good group & a good mezzer....ice imo is pretty pointless

and lets face it unless u can get a regular group which most casters these days cant...then RvRing with a caster is pointless...when the survivability chances of a caster are zero!...hence why mine hasnt RvR'ed for 4 months

if you have a guild/good group...sure u cant beat ice spec for taking multiple targets down quick...

N

NeonBlue

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
Neon doesn't want to know :p

i prefer more of a challenge...instead of spamming 1 button :D

plus...90% of my chars arent "cookie spec" chars....i like to experiment with different specs....hence why i have a fire wiz..a body sorc...and a spirit cabby

S

Sagba

only if u have a good group u can rely on...and can mezz the targets so u can go in and pbaoe em to death....without a good group & a good mezzer....ice imo is pretty pointless

if you have a good group...sure u cant beat ice spec for taking multiple targets down quick
Erm, I would say the succesfull mezz is more important for Fire Wizzie group than for Ice Wizzie group so you can /assist nuke the enemy one by one whereas in Ice Wizzie group you can A) mezz enemy and /assist nuke or B) get mezzed, wait for enemy tanks and Purge+MoC+PBAE. PBAEing a mezzed group is mostly a bad idea tbh :p

Btw, there is more usefull spells in Ice (spec) line than what there is in Fire (spec) line imo :p If you want to be solo caster Fire Wizzie aint too bad choise (Base/Spec bolts+VP should hurt a bit) but for RvR groups Ice >>>>> Fire.

M

MagicalMadman

Re Sibanac

M8 nerf you for not reading what i said....i couldnt change my dam details coz my new code was erased by email virus. Therefor i couldnt change my details could i? It was simply unlucky that when i moved and needed to change details goa descided that new codes needed to be re-issued. and also unlucky i had email virus and didnt know till goa toldme they sent it already.Never mind though i wil get it back just taking some time as i got have my letters redirected from old address.....

Btw as to the idea of spamming 1 button its more like half a dozen.
Buttons
1 spam macro saying help
2 quick cast root if only 1 enemy on you
3 spam help macr
4 spam shall i release macro
5 spam macro saying res please
6 hit sprint button to run and hide behind tree rdy to nuke shit outa stuff and finaly
button number 6 my favorite
My macro for saying GOD I LUV BEING A FIRE WIZZ

And tbh theres more skill and luck needed in rvr with wizards as staying alive long enough init self is a skill......we can all roll infs scouts palys merc and rest of hardass mele clases buff them up with ya second accounts and say look atme i soloed this look at me i lasted longer but then double hits and armour that isnt cloth is always easier in my opinion....... 50 pala 50 inf 50 wiz 50 cleric 50 minstrel 40+ necro 40+cabba so i resent the fact that wizzys dont just click 1 button as i hope alot of wizzys will
LOL /salute all wizzys

X

XeffoInfil

Originally posted by Caedo
I love dying in two hits as a gimpy avalonian wizard, It got so fun i made myself a saracen sorc and now i only die in 4 hits weee :D

roflmao

D

dwali

i agree with that Fire Wiz is deadly in open Combat...Icewiz deadly in Close combat and Earth wiz deadly in keep defence or take becuase of the gtaoe they have....my Wiz was Fire to 50...the i respecct to Earth (Was good in keep defence and keep take) and now i´m ice mostly for PvE grps!

N

NeonBlue

Originally posted by dwali
i agree with that Fire Wiz is deadly in open Combat...Icewiz deadly in Close combat and Earth wiz deadly in keep defence or take becuase of the gtaoe they have....my Wiz was Fire to 50...the i respecct to Earth (Was good in keep defence and keep take) and now i´m ice mostly for PvE grps!

agree totally...every spec has it advantages & disadvantages...myself have played all 3 specs and i just personally like the fire spec the most....its very useful in RvR and PvE....just hate all the ppl that say u gotta go ice if u wanna be a good wiz !

and VP imo is over rated...and not worth 14points...had it respecced out of it...and spent the points on passive's which i think are more worthwhile

J

Juiliet

Wizardteams are all well and good, if they work the ideal way and all, but usually, you get mezzed, and before you even manage to cast your first spell, you got the assist train/debuffer on you. Well, you can quickcast root all you want, you can moc and nuke, but the sad fact remains, you have 600ish af buffed, 10% buffed absorb, and hit points below 1500.
Even with the paladin guarding you, the clerics WILL not be able to keep you alive for long enough to do much good, apart from every 30 minutes and so when you can moc and purge the stun you get after. Even then, the other wizards probably used his moc the last wipe, and havent got it back yet, and alone you moc nuke for damage thats very easily healed up.

Im afraid alb simply lack the utility on their damagecasters to be as effective as their mid and hib counterparts.

Speaking from experience, and i have both a cleric that knows how hard it is to heal a caster, and a wizard that know how fast she dies.

For situations outside emain; keepdefence/takes, clearing mids in DF, and such, id take a 3 pbae group anyday over a melee assist group.

M

Madonion Slicer

Fire - Feels like a one trick pony, nuke nuke nuke

Ice - Needs a very decent group to work which is rare

Earth - Lacks a nuke has good utility for keep raid or defence

I have been all three, i was orignally Fire back last year til about lvl35 then went Earth to 40 then had no choice but to go Ice for the 40-50 slog.

I am currently Earth spec after finding pbaoe groups in albion rarely work unless with an experianced group.

But with Earth i am only active if i know raids are taking place or happen to be parked in a Keep that is being attacked.

If and when i get my hands on a respec stone i will probably go back to Fire, although i said it is only a one trick pony atleast it is a pony that can fit into almost all situations.

E

Eroda

I agree that ice wizards need a good group to work.

I've started running a caster group on a regular basis now and as alot of ice wizards can tell u, its pretty effective and fun.

Just get your base classes such as 2 clerics and a sorc and you gonna do ok :)

L

liste

the caster groups we've run recently with 2 ice wizards (eroda being one of em on a few ocations) has been very successful and pretty much the best fun i've had in RvR ever :) So dont give up hope Wizards. Someone still loves you!

O

old.Bubble

don't under estimate Bolt wizards, don't bolts ignore Half the resists now and are mainly based on AF? this means a Wizard can hit a caster Hard with bolts, your probley see some oneshotting if he assists a Body sorc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom