Wizards (and Frontiers)

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
What do you all think about the use of casters in the new frontiers update, Ive been checking hte VN Forums, but would love to get some feedback from existing wizards, looking for a spec for Trixia before frontiers is released over here.

The general impression seams to be go for a Tri-Bolt spec, forget pbaoe, forget gtaoe just go for a nice tri-bolt spec.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Full Fire
With a body sorc was a debuffbot ^^ your bolt for 1k+

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
There are reports of self-debuff caster debuffs only lasting for one/two nukes with AoM and resist buffs in NF on VN (remeber self-debuffing was nerfed from 16 to 8 sec dur? taking into account resists thats at least halved again)

The best casters/groups appear to be those who either:

- run in debuff caster groups, body sorc(s), spirit cabalists
- primary nuke lines with as much resist pierce and MoM as possible

for a wizard that would be fire wiz, with traldors, cloudsong, eyrines, sash, bracer of z etc for ~25% resist pierece, and MoM 4/5 for +25% damage.

its actually quite an effort to get casters a) the resist pierce artifacts and b) the realm rank to get sufficient MoM to be able to do the damage listed on VN....

the diff between high RR nuker and low RR nuker is quite substantial without debuffs, if you debuff group you can focus on getting +% to magic damage instead of resist pierce, which makes life easier (n. robe, tarts staff etc.)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
atleast cabalist can debuff spirit resist so body resist debuff last longer :]

i hope aom gets nerfed tho....

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Nxs said:
What do you all think about the use of casters in the new frontiers update, Ive been checking hte VN Forums, but would love to get some feedback from existing wizards, looking for a spec for Trixia before frontiers is released over here.

The general impression seams to be go for a Tri-Bolt spec, forget pbaoe, forget gtaoe just go for a nice tri-bolt spec.

Tri bolt Spec would include GTAOE since the third bolt would comefrom the earth line.

Guess best spec for that would be 41 Fire 35 Earth

Which would give you amongst other things

3 x Bolts 273,239,206
124 D GTAOE
173 d Nuke
51 Sec Root

Minimez

Fledgling Freddie
I actually like the idea of hybrid wizards.. what with being able to boost spell lines to avoid all those ewul resist.. Opens up a new game .. A wizard who is usefull in open rvr/keep takes which can then switch his qbar and use gtaoe spells .. sounds cool .. i will personaly be testing the various Combos of ras and specs :]

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
I am staying ice on wizard...most fun and still nukes decent damage, pbaoe with that rr5 RA can be pretty deadly.Bolts are really only good on soft targets leather/cloth ;/

Gelid

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Bolts are really only good on soft targets leather/cloth ;/

With Frontiers their is going to be a lot more cloth casters in enemy teams. Personally, I'm just going to go full fire for maxed ranged damage. Oh, and it looks cool aswell :p

Adorith

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
I am staying ice on wizard...most fun and still nukes decent damage, pbaoe with that rr5 RA can be pretty deadly.Bolts are really only good on soft targets leather/cloth ;/

Sorry to burst your bubble here mate..

Wall of Flame
Insta-cast spell that drops a ward that pulses a 150 radius PBAE fire based for 15 seconds. Pulse is 400 points of damage every 3 seconds. Ward disappates if the wizard takes any action including moving.

So cant cast while using it...my guess it will be something along the lines of a big sign saying
"Here's a wizard. Every 3 second he'll do moderate pbae damage. There's plenty of time to kill him though, and he cant run away lest he'll let the pbae thing drop. Be sure to /point /laugh at him after you've killed him".

Maybe if the damage was high enough to actually make people wary of going in there, but 400 dmg every three seconds?

Yes, I'm bitter.

Platina

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
atleast cabalist can debuff spirit resist so body resist debuff last longer :]

i hope aom gets nerfed tho....
I hope you get nerfed :>

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Will not surprise me if mythic fuck another RA up just like they did with mercs(remove dualist reflexes and give us mastery of blocking, since when the fuck do mercs use shields here?).

I would so love to see the debuffs on wizard do 20% on the single line nuke...but that's too much to ask from mythic it seems.You have to have wizard high rr to do decent damage otherwise it's average, but then again is there any point playing alb still...

I do not think trio bolt spec would work though...if you like it go for it and if you find it fun.If you want to roll a caster go for cabalist/theurg.Though if you plan to be involved in keep warfare a lot then wizard is a good choice, but you would want to go for 50 fire 20 earth i reckon, get good bolts+gtaoe.

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
41 fire (2nd best bolt - and best baseline bolt)
34 earth (2nd best gtoae and 3rd best bolt)
8 ice (so i can pretend to pbaoe and sneak into ML and artifact groups)

With a few RR's and +11 from items resists sholdnt be a problem, and should get some OK damage from all 3 bolts.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Usage of bolts is limited to targets with low AF, though.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
exquooize me but isnt the 2 spec bolts on the same timer?

Jjuraa

Banned
Adorith said:
Sorry to burst your bubble here mate..

Wall of Flame
Insta-cast spell that drops a ward that pulses a 150 radius PBAE fire based for 15 seconds. Pulse is 400 points of damage every 3 seconds. Ward disappates if the wizard takes any action including moving.

So cant cast while using it...my guess it will be something along the lines of a big sign saying
"Here's a wizard. Every 3 second he'll do moderate pbae damage. There's plenty of time to kill him though, and he cant run away lest he'll let the pbae thing drop. Be sure to /point /laugh at him after you've killed him".

Maybe if the damage was high enough to actually make people wary of going in there, but 400 dmg every three seconds?

Yes, I'm bitter.

youre looking at it from a slightly negative point of view i think mate, this spell could be damn good if used properly. in a pbaoe box, the wizard will be standing still anyway, if that wizards getting interuppted (i.e. cant cast) then a instacast pulsing PBAOE is an invaluable tool, persuade the attackers to back off, or kill pet thats interuppting etc.. hopefully by the time NF is out il have an ice wizzy, and il deffo want to get ML5 for that spell

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Old.Ilum said:
exquooize me but isnt the 2 spec bolts on the same timer?

According to the VNBoards it doesnt sound like it - best way to check /level a 20 one may try it later.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
afaik the three wiz bolts (spec fire, base fire, spec earth) are 3 diff timers - or they used to be at least.

edit: confirmed, is 3 timers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom