Wizard Spec

J

jilson

Am thinking of respeccing my wizard to Ice. I've had fun with Bolts but id really like to run in a well worked pbaoe grp :D

I've been thinking of this spec:

48 ice
24 earth/fire

48 ice i get the last PBAOE - personaly i don't think the level 50 snare nuke is that important to me, correct me if you belive otherwise., I mean i'll still have the level 41 snare nuke.

I'm thinking earth would be better than fire as i'll have ae Root a level 24 bolt (yes i know variance will be high even if i do have 24+11+realm rank) I'll also have the level 23 dot which would be useful for interupting.

Also best RA's and order to get them in think i'll skip mcl because Power potions >mcl.

thnx :D

ps. Brynn don't cry cause you can't use little Winkle to power level your alts :p

X

xplo

you NEED purge VP mcl 2 raging power and moc to be a ownage ice wiz :)

J

jilson

or i could save myself points and just use cash to get power with pots :D

G

glorien_

Mcl (especially to level 2) is much better than power pots. As a cleric i obviously use both - pots are useable like every min and give barely any power. Mcl 2 is practically a full power heal.

P.S-Not that i have much experience but i would say Raging power and moc is a must for ice wizzies.

I

iluvatur

48 ice 24 fire imo ..... the snare component isn't great enough to compensate the slower cast time.. and the fire for a hard hitting base bolt ... screw the lvl 13 aoe root and the low gtaoe when you have the pbaoe instead

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

GTAOE is great for interupts at keep raids even though you do feck all damage. Your fire bolts will do jack against an enemy with full fire resists so it isn't even worth the effort of casting.

I

iluvatur

fully buffed the bolt fires extrememly fast .. and a base bolt can do 3-500 damage .. and as the bolts flying to enemy caster you can start casting another nuke ... now consider this is the only 1500+spell a wizard has readily available .. i would say that was still nice damage. and alot more viable for group rvr.

W

-Wedge-

Why on earth get 4 more fire or earth (imho earth is best btw)...

Dont kid yourself, the 50-snare nuke is damned handy if you know how and when to use it... While 4 more fire or 4 more earth does nothing for you...

Why earth over fire, no not the ae-root (which is utter crap, but nice at times when you only have a minstrel to mez to stop the enemy for a few seconds :D )... But GTAoE is so valuable when attacking a keep or when trying to break through a milegate room camp... Also nice (nicer then pbaoe) to find stealthers as its easier to check big area's...

If you want to bolt and then DD, for god sakes, become a fire wizard....

Just my 2 cents...

M

Merl

Have to agree with Wedge, the extra fire will do basically nothing, and the snare nuke a 50 ice, allthough a bit slower to cast, will mean u can nuke a bit then run away toget a bit more distance between u and the sharp objects trying to pwn u.

Going for a bit in earth for GTAOE has been extremely helpfull, i have uncovered countless stealthers, one encounter springs to mind when i was at beno and a stealther was waving at me, i guess he thoguht he was clever until i just cast GTAOE in the middle of the keep, he suddenley found himself destealthed with about 10 guards running at him, and 20 arrows in his chest.

Also as others have mentioned, GTOAE in invaluable at keep raids for interrupting casters, be it a lord room or mile gate.

If u weigh it up it looks like this:

24 Fire= Extra low lvl bolt that most ppl will just shurg off.

OR

18 Earth= Low lvl GTAOE, great for finding stealthers and interrupting at lord rooms. AND low lvl AOE, which allthough kinda crap can be helpfull sometimes

So my advise would be go 50Ice, 18 Earth.

F

-Freezingwiz-

I´m 50 ice, 20 earth & 4 fire atm and I´m happy with it !

and please don´t gimp u´r self with 48 ice :p I would not do that tbh since I use that snare nuke ALOT ! on all support classes

Debuff DD, Snare DD, snare DD etc untill some tank hit him and break the snare it roxx imo....

and it can be sue to help the assist train to catch ppl aswell !

and no the lvl 23 dot isn´t worth much u will do about the same dmg with 1 DD as the 8 ticks from the dot + it will be MUCH more resistsd then a DD :)

and MCL 2 is not that importent imo ! just got shit loads of pots ! and don´t go for mcl 2 before u have:
Aug acurity 3
MoC
Purge
Mcl 1

IMO !

but I my self would rather have some passives insted of mcl2 aswell ! since power is only a problem when u get rezzed cuz need shields etc and that 10 seks of not fighting to use mcl is damm anoying, then it is way better to use pots aswell ! :)

I got this my self atm:
Aug acurity 3
MoC
Purge
MoM 1
MoTA 2
WP 1
MCL 1

and I´m not gonna get mcl 2 before I got the 3 passive on lvl 2 that is fore sure !

but hey that is jsut me !

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Doctor Sissyfoo
GTAOE is great for interupts at keep raids even though you do feck all damage. Your fire bolts will do jack against an enemy with full fire resists so it isn't even worth the effort of casting.

dont forget the nifty bonus you get, my bg earth wizzy hits lvl 50+ mobs for around 40+60 dmg about 2 times out of 3 casts, so it actualy gives you samething to do in epic raids besides wasting your mana or hitting for 1dmg with a staff

F

-Freezingwiz-

oh and the GTAOE roxx aswell since when u fight the damm hibbies @ mile gate houses u do 1 gtaoe run in and pbaoe a few time near the wall and run back if they start to MoC/QC back :)

then repeat again :) untill more wizzies help u :)

O

old.Wildfire

roll a decent class imo, wizards are gimped :(

B

Belomar

Wizards live for one thing, and one thing only, and that is to do damage. Anything less than full spec in your chosen damage line is a waste, in my opinion. In addition, even if there is obviously only a 2 point difference between 48 and 50, testing has proven that this small difference still has an impact on your damage (even if it is tiny).

J

jilson

Thanks magmatic i think i'll spec full 50 ice then after your wise words, and any1 else that said constructive things towards it.

Wildfire i have a 50 mincer as you know.

Thanks Freezing Wizz for RA help, i was thinking along those lines. I have mcl on my wizard and all i tend to do is run around in circles while oom in a fight trying to press it when i should't be wasting my time and just using a power pot.

O

old.Wildfire

minstrels are blatantly less gimped than wizards, at least they can have an impact on a fight beyond "looking like a possible sorc therefore being ganked first"

L

lac_desariel

As you know i play an Ice wizzy..

Heres my thoughts if they count..

48 and 50 spec... I rate 50 spec very high for 2 reasons... Firstly with 50 ice + 11 + RR you will hit closer to cap than some one with 2 less.. Ok its not much but when all you can do is damage i figure it counts
secondly the DD snare people dont rate will slow any one chasing you or your cleric should you need it, i dont use it much but better to have and not use than to not have and need.

RA's i saw before.. Well this is personal, But myself i did this kinda order

aug acr 2
MCL1
aug acr 3
MOC
Purge
VP
MCL2
then passives Mom 2 Wp 2 mota2 as you wish

Someone once asked my why moc before Purge... Purge is great and needed as ice wizz to worth with moc but the DW class dont have slam ;p

Im curently deciding on how high to have mota as we can get some nice cast speed going

Hope this helps a bit

Also note on VP i found its best used as instant with pbae

T

Tilda

Originally posted by jilson
48 ice i get the last PBAOE - personaly i don't think the level 50 snare nuke is that important to me, correct me if you belive otherwise., I mean i'll still have the level 41 snare nuke.

I'm thinking earth would be better than fire as i'll have ae Root a level 24 bolt (yes i know variance will be high even if i do have 24+11+realm rank) I'll also have the level 23 dot which would be useful for interupting.

I would go 50 ice, then your snare DD is the same dammage as your base ice DD but less power. otherwise you have 3 dd's (debuff, snare, base) which is a lot of QB space.

Also, dot dosnt interupt after the first tick.

Tilda

L

lac_desariel

Re: Re: Wizard Spec

Originally posted by Tilda
I would go 50 ice, then your snare DD is the same dammage as your base ice DD but less power. otherwise you have 3 dd's (debuff, snare, base) which is a lot of QB space.

Also, dot dosnt interupt after the first tick.

Tilda

DD snare does put imunity on Roots. but holds no imunity I think Det tanks get the effect reguard less

A

AzuratMinimus

dd snare gives no imunity how ever root gives imunity to dd snare for the snare component.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by jilson
or i could save myself points and just use cash to get power with pots :D

OR you could use both, and actually count on killing anything :rolleyes:

M

MesS°

Originally posted by Arnor
OR you could use both, and actually count on killing anything :rolleyes:

Or roll a mid and comment on everything in alb forum with witty comments... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread