Wizard 48-Epic Quest

W

-Wedge-

Question, before I enter upon the journey thats called: 48 Epic Quest.... I'd like to know...

How much XP does a Wizard at 48 get for this Epic Quest?
(daoc.warcry.com doesnt give good XP info for the Wizard quest)

Not so much intrested in numbers, but more bubbles... 1 Bubble, 1.5, 2? ;) (half a bubble? :( )

(you could add if its hard to do or not, but thats something I'll find out anyway)

A

Adri

I think for my sorc at lvl48 on 48 epic i got just under 1 bub (0.8ish).

The idea is to do them as soon as you can so you can get the most exps out of it.

At least i did anyway :)

The epic ( i think) involved killing a named cornwall drake called cirfans - very easy with pet as it only conned orange to me.

It was found where the other drakes gathered, roughly due west from Yarleys in the trees.

O

old.LandShark

save it for 49!
I saved all 3 of em for lvl49, allowed me to stop exping at 8.5 bubs and ding in a more interesting situation than trees or DF grinding :p

W

-Wedge-

I've thought about saving up, but it's a bad idea, imho... Your XP cap at 49 is higher then at 48, so if you XP high level mobs (that reach, or go very high towards your XP-Cap per kill), you gain the XP from your epics faster at 49 then at 48...

So if you take in account XP-cap, number of mobs to kill to get that amount of XP, etc... Its better to do them asap instead of saving them up...

In the end its personal choice, but this was a bit what I figured...

I'll probably ding 50 doing Tanglers... Been doing them from 40, only did 2 Tree-groups... And seriously have no idea why people do them, they have a huge amount of HP, their pretty hard to kill and when their dead, give bad XP (imho)...

But might just for fun sakes, ding 50 solo'ing Advisors in Barrows... Anyways, plan is, 50 on Saturday, even if it takes me all day and all night :D

K

katt!

Originally posted by -Wedge-
I'll probably ding 50 doing Tanglers... Been doing them from 40, only did 2 Tree-groups... And seriously have no idea why people do them, they have a huge amount of HP, their pretty hard to kill and when their dead, give bad XP (imho)...

because everyone doesnt like to take up the whole beach in a small group which could be shared by a fg or 2 of lower levels?

F

Flimgoblin

because danaoin farmers are more fun to aoe? :)

(can't really aoe tanglers till higher levels than 38 anyway ;))

W

-Wedge-

Lol Kedal, lets not start that again... I happen to play a class which can level at Tanglers from 38 to 50... Its fast and dangerous... And dont let the little tanglers fool you, it is still dangerous for cloth casters to do Tanglers (at any level)...

What I wanted to say is, if I wasnt playing a class which could do that, I'd rather go to DF, DM or Llynn Barfog with a FG (or smaller group)... Or even the fronteir... XP'ing is more fun there, its (depending on what you hunt/group) better then tree's...

There are loads of other places to XP, which actually pose a challange... Now if someone doesnt like that... Then they can go back to the 'safe/easy' trees... All I say is, its not the best XP out there... And I wont do tree's... And will definitly refuse to ding 50 at them...

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by -Wedge-
Lol Kedal, lets not start that again... I happen to play a class which can level at Tanglers from 38 to 50... Its fast and dangerous... And dont let the little tanglers fool you, it is still dangerous for cloth casters to do Tanglers (at any level)...

What I wanted to say is, if I wasnt playing a class which could do that, I'd rather go to DF, DM or Llynn Barfog with a FG (or smaller group)... Or even the fronteir... XP'ing is more fun there, its (depending on what you hunt/group) better then tree's...

There are loads of other places to XP, which actually pose a challange... Now if someone doesnt like that... Then they can go back to the 'safe/easy' trees... All I say is, its not the best XP out there... And I wont do tree's... And will definitly refuse to ding 50 at them...

Did trees for about an hour once :(. Must say I agree was boring and not exactly great exp, I really cant see what all the fuss is about. I suppose there is an advantage ie you could maybe read a book or something whilst doing them.

As for tanglers, unfortunately Im not a class who can solo them :(. Have had a lot of fun doing them in a very small group though before :) (ty Afun).

My own personal preferences are a) when grouped, DM, can be some great exp there and lots of fun or b) those times I want solitary moments I tend to hit Pennines, again some great exp and no hoardes and a touch of added danger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom