Wiz 1v1 against BD?

S

Skaven

Any wizard managed to kill a Bonedancer 1v1 yet, and if so how did you do it.

Was in bg3 earlier and got owned twice, along with a pally by some insta life tap (?) he used.

C

Ckiller ofDust

only mayby cabbies can solo supp specced BDs...

B

bahamuts

they have healing pets, and my necro did kill one bone dancer of a group in bg 1 :)

P

Puppetmistress

Wizard could be very hard, since your nuke is in same range as his insta-lifetap (99%).

Best chance you have as a wiz is to bolt the bonedancer twice and hope you kill him with that. Otherwise you got a major-problem.

For sorcs and theurgs it's possible. AoE-mezz them (use QC when necessary) and :

a) Petspam him. 3-4 pets tear up any caste, insta-lifetap or not :)

b) As sorc put your pet on him and debuff the crap out of the bonedancer. Then hope you can land some kind of nuke on him once or twice. A smart BD will ignore the pet of the sorc and try to interrupt the sorc with his insta-lifetap. Depends on the kind of dmg the pet does to the BD if you win.

A

Apathy

For a sorc getting the jump on a BD, the best thing to do would be AoE debuff the pets and let them run to you. As they get closers, they will clump together and all get in AoE mezz radius. Then you either kill the commander or go straight for the BD himself. If you're mind spec then it's just a case of using mezz with the 400 radius.

It's possible that getting the jump on the BD will mean he won't notice his pets have been "pulled". Perhaps they die after he goes out of range like with some other pets?

Other than that I can't think of anything else...

a.

O

old.Wildfire

Wiz vs bd... erm, id say normal-cast the bolt and then QC a nuke, should put him down - going for 2 bolts is just too risky with the way bolts are bugged at the moment.

O

old.LandShark

Bolt commander then bolt + nuke BD, healer pets with any luck will have started healing the command instead. Ofc truly 1v1 you're screwed because the insta lifetap is same range as your nuke...

D

dropkick

My Earth spec wiz killed a few BD in bg3. Most times 1 shot or they are killed with the followup fire base bolt.

J

Jiggs

aye just 2x bolt and keep them fingers crossed :p

O

old.Wildfire

You'll never hit with 2 bolts.

Ever.

Frst one will hit (use flame spear) then the second one will miss. Always. Bolt hit + QC nuke negates the advantage of the lifetap being insta, and should kill him.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
You'll never hit with 2 bolts.

Ever.

Frst one will hit (use flame spear) then the second one will miss. Always. Bolt hit + QC nuke negates the advantage of the lifetap being insta, and should kill him.

Bolt + lifetap from BD (also 1500 range) + QC-nuke will not kill a 50 bonedancer. NO WAY.

He will be hit for 600 with the bolt, that's 400 remaining. 250 back from lifetap, good luck hitting for over 600 with your nuke

C

chuckas

In BG3 my sorc often solos BD's.
Mezz pets....if u r lucky u get BD too.
Set pet on BD.
qc lifetap....coz by this time u have been instant dd twice at least and instant debuff of course

Then run to range using sprint....force BD to follow while pet mashes him. Turn and another debuff, dot...run til he dies...and he will v soon...his hits are low :)

Seems to work for me.

For a wizzie ... well v hard...u can root pets...but they still heal....u can qc your bolt but that won't kill him....

Rabid

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom