Wish mythic knew their own game

M

Meatballs

Q: Which stats affect parry, evade, and block?

A: Parry = dex, evade = dex and quick equally, block = dex.

Q: Which stats affect offensive attacks?

A: Celtic spears use str, all other spears and thrust/pierce weapons use str/dex equally, crossbows use str/dex equally, all other bows use plain dex, swords and hammers use plain str. Staff weapons use str according to my notes, but my friends at The Drunken Friar say (and quite convincingly too) that dex is the modifier for friar staffs. We’re investigating that here at Mythic; I hope to have some followup comments next Friday.

^^ Sheesh, could at least find out the correct answer before they post.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Meatballs
Q: Which stats affect parry, evade, and block?

A: Parry = dex, evade = dex and quick equally, block = dex.

Q: Which stats affect offensive attacks?

A: Celtic spears use str, all other spears and thrust/pierce weapons use str/dex equally, crossbows use str/dex equally, all other bows use plain dex, swords and hammers use plain str. Staff weapons use str according to my notes, but my friends at The Drunken Friar say (and quite convincingly too) that dex is the modifier for friar staffs. We’re investigating that here at Mythic; I hope to have some followup comments next Friday.

^^ Sheesh, could at least find out the correct answer before they post.
Well all I know is that it is dex :) since just about ever single high-level friar has said so to my low-level friar.
That is quite a funny thing you know, how Mythic aint sure.
But... where did you copy this from?

O

old.stroke

Maybe they have lost control over Daoc and it keeps mutating by itself?

S

SFXman

Originally posted by stroke
Maybe they have lost control over Daoc and it keeps mutating by itself?
Yup, they catched DAoC in the Amazon rainforest some years back. It was very very wild but they have tamed it so that it allows people near it. Maybe it doesn't like being domesticated anymore and from now on very weird things will be happening.

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by SFXman

Yup, they catched DAoC in the Amazon rainforest some years back. It was very very wild but they have tamed it so that it allows people near it. Maybe it doesn't like being domesticated anymore and from now on very weird things will be happening.

eek! i better go and hide under my bed ;)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by tRoG

eek! i better go and hide under my bed ;)
Aaah, but you have forgotten that it might spawn offspring! Then we will be in biiiig trouble... hmm, Mythic said they are making a new graphics engine, hmm...

A

Addlcove

weird things like walking because of an encumbrance that isn't real??

a mate of mine had 104/128 and he couldn't do anything but walk

seems like it's spreading already... someone has to do something before the "DAoCinia" spread throughout the world ;)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Bedwin
weird things like walking because of an encumbrance that isn't real??

a mate of mine had 104/128 and he couldn't do anything but walk

seems like it's spreading already... someone has to do something before the "DAoCinia" spread throughout the world ;)
Strange, I never had such problems. Must some veeeeery uncommon bug of some sort.

L

Lam

Who knows, maybe we are witnessing the very first moments of an artificial intelligence that's trying to reproduce itself. Just imagine that your computer is being used by daoc to spread itself and to grow.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Lamagra
Who knows, maybe we are witnessing the very first moments of an artificial intelligence that's trying to reproduce itself. Just imagine that your computer is being used by daoc to spread itself and to grow.
Heh yes.
This thread has seriously freed some peoples imaginations to make up the craziest stuff (probably just my post earlier).
But oh well... the friar str vs. dex this is very odd if you ask me. But is is dex :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom