wireless headphones

Chilly

Balls of steel
I've had a pair of technics wireless jobbies for a while and frankly they are shit, crap sound, crap signal str from base unit and general crap.

What im looking for is a pair of cordless headphones that a) have long range b)high sound quality within range and c)the headphones themselves to be good

Anyone here have any experience with wireless headphones? Ideally id prefer not to have crappy huge headphones and have a tiny reciever box on my belt leading to normal in-ear ones.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have a pair of UHF radio mics that do just about the best job of transmitting high quality audio wirelessly from one location to another that money can buy. They cost £2000 per kit, and their range isn't great. They also eat batteries like no tomorrow.

I doubt you'll find something that will be good enough. The best thing I can think of is something like the Apple Airport Express, combined with a good pair of headphones.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tell me about this airport stuff then young Thomas :)

TdC

ok cool, I can dig it. thing is, I'm utterly crap at hi-fiesque stuff, so now I want to know about compatible headsets. are there wifi headsets? with built-in mic?

Chilly

Balls of steel
bluetoof headsets exist and are fairly cheap

TdC

aye, but they're not exactly plentiful tbh. ideally I'd like a dolby one with a mic. I found exactly two here in holland, and they were both mono :/

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'd stick with cables Teedles, the bandwidth requirements for stereo audio and a return channel for the mic would be quite high, and quite battery intensive.

Take a look at Sennheiser Evolution radio equipment. Thats basically what you'll have to spend to get good quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom