Windows Xp problem

D

domin8or

When I press Shift key five times the StickyKeys options pops up. When I press 'Settings' button nothing happens. I want to disable stickykeys feature but I can't get into settings. Windows just pauses for one second and then nothing happens. I've also noticed in Control Panel that the Accessibility Options are missing. Anyone know what to do? I'd rather not set up Service Pack 1 since I have a warez version of Windows Xp :D

X

xane

Originally posted by domin8or
... I have a warez version of Windows Xp :D

When they say "give as much information as possible" there are certain limits, good luck on your search for an answer :)

S

S-Gray

heh even i dont say i have a "Warez" Version... it makes it sound.. so bad

Erm, maybe because its a "Warez" version, it has some bits and bobs missing? Altho mine doesnt...

:twak:

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

you can turn that off press the shift key 5 times so it comes up, you can go into settings and theres an option somewhere.

FYI you can get SP1 with a warez version of XP, i did :p you just need to change your serial first.

M

Mellow-

Do not discuss warez on this public forum, it is VERY naughty.

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

okay, pretend i said "Corporate edition" instead of "warez version"

D

domin8or

Gee, thx for the help, guys. Thought this forum was filled with guru's but it turns out your nothing but ignorant idiots who don't know shit and only post here on this forum to flame. Btw, don't tell me all of u have legal version of Windows Xp, I bet 50% of u have illegal version. Sure, I can put up SP1 but I'd rather not wait 3 hours or more for it to install. Changing serial, changing binary code í registry etc. Not one useful post from u, fucktards!

F

FatBusinessman

Somehow I get the impression that that post will not help you to get advice :p

Oh, and :twak:

W

Will

Gee, thx for the help, guys. Thought this forum was filled with guru's but it turns out your nothing but ignorant idiots who don't know shit and only post here on this forum to flame. Btw, don't tell me all of u have legal version of Windows Xp, I bet 50% of u have illegal version. Sure, I can put up SP1 but I'd rather not wait 3 hours or more for it to install. Changing serial, changing binary code í registry etc. Not one useful post from u, fucktards!
We are not allowed to help with warez questions. Its one of those things known as forum rules.

M

Mellow-

All a moderator has to do is get your IP address, then contact your ISP and then get them to disable your account because you use warez software. Would you really like that to happen?

K

Kippa.

change binary code

LOL

ladies and gentlemen, we have a retard

D

domin8or

mellow, I'm really scared now... I'm actually shitting in my pants now in fear.

the guy that called my a retard, You are a three-headed, retarded monkey.

All I ever wanted was to get some fucking answers.
So fuck all of u kthxbye.

B

Big G

mellow, I'm really scared now... I'm actually shitting in my pants now in fear.

oh christ a child...

Gee, thx for the help, guys. Thought this forum was filled with guru's but it turns out your nothing but ignorant idiots who don't know shit and only post here on this forum to flame.

He has a point there; i've posted perfectly legit questions on BW forums many moons ago and had an intensely sarcastic and unhelpful reply - this is usually hijacked by about 4 or 5 other people who all praise the first unwitty reply.

Gaz

S

Scooba Da Bass

Damini, it's one of yours, come and collect him.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Big G

He has a point there; i've posted perfectly legit questions on BW forums many moons ago and had an intensely sarcastic and unhelpful reply - this is usually hijacked by about 4 or 5 other people who all praise the first unwitty reply.

or curse it :)

K

Kippa.

I actually know the solution to this too, you've as much chance of finding out now, as wij has of becoming a normal person :D

T

tripitaka

RE 'Warez' and the replies

Its called a no win scenario - person 1 asks a question - albeit one we cannot answer for legal reasons / threat of being removed from forum / self centeredness.

1> maybe the person who started the thread shouldn't have said 'warez version'

2> easy answer is NOT given - he said setting didn't work, yet someone else suggested going into settings.. .Who here is the dork ? the person who originally posted, or the person who can't read posts correctly and answered with something the originator cannot do ?

3> The originator came back and moaned therefore kicked himself in the bollox so on this occasion we won't help.

But at the end of the day : The guy just wants help. nobody has helped him. end of story. Agreed we cannot therefore he will get stroppy - just shows that the people who retaliated are stooping to his level, as per usual, for kids on a forum. ( or maybe adults who act like kids).

Yes we all get flamed sometimes, and yes, i am guaranteed to get flamed for this post, but i felt i should post something.

T

Testin da Cable

um not to be a pain or anything, but this thread has been dead for ages in internet time. why the hell did you dredge it up from the depths of the sewer? you ask a question, then answer yourself. it's not even rhetorical ffs.

B

Big G

i was thinking that too, tdc

couldn't be arsed replying when i viewed first time, but thought i would this time.

old thread, very dead.

Gaz

K

kameleon

Ok because:

A) I am a nice guy
B) I have a thick skin
C) someone must have a similar problem or they wouldn't have dragged this post up again
G) I don't know my alphabet

I have decided to answer the original question.

The accessibility options for Windows XP are designed to emerge after 1) several key presses of the shift key and/or 2) a holding down (for about 8 seconds) of the shift key.

It isn't a serious problem and is designed with YOU the user in mind. If you suddenly have a serious stroke or heart attack wile surfing for pr0n and have a fit or suddenly can't move your fingers with any degree of control, you can rest assure that Windows (TM) will still operate fully without the use of a mouse and/or digital manipulation.

These truly useful features can be turned off (i hesitate to use the phrase disabled) by going into START>settings>control panel>accessibity options and checking the tick boxes to turn of accesibility features

T

tripitaka

I was scanning through for a fix to a DAOC problem i had when i spotted this thread. Thought id reply because i felt strongly about it at the time, that's all.

I won't be making any more comments on it unless someone else decides to flame me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom