Windows xp.. need advice please

• Thread starter old.pala hellraiser
  • Start date
O

old.pala hellraiser

Ok I formatted and did a clean install of windows xp and everything is fine. I still have that geforce to put onto my system (geforce 4 ti 4600) some of you might remember trying to help me trying to get it to work on Win 98. I am new to windows XP and I can't figure out how to uninstall the radeon drivers. I didn't install these drivers myself windows did it itself when installing. I have gone to add/remove programs and its not listed. I noticed that there isnt a device manager (or not one that I can find) so I don't know how to do it. As windows automatically installed these drivers I don't think I have to remove them as such but obviosuly I don't want my geforce drivers conflicting with them.

Any help much appreciated

S

S-Gray

To access Device Manager, use any of the following methods:

- Click Start, click Run, and then type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotation marks).
- Right-click My Computer, click Manage, and then click Device Manager.
- Right-click My Computer, click Properties, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
- Type the following command at a command prompt: start devmgmt.msc

M

Miles_Binck

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]
To access Device Manager, use any of the following methods:

- Click Start, click Run, and then type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotation marks).
- Right-click My Computer, click Manage, and then click Device Manager.
- Right-click My Computer, click Properties, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
- Type the following command at a command prompt: start devmgmt.msc
you missed one :p

• Press the Windows Key + Break, and then choose the Hardware tab, then click device manager

S

S-Gray

heh well i dont have XP installed nor have i used it, i just checked up on the net for ways of accessing DM

O

old.pala hellraiser

Much appreciated guys. Super Gray thanks for going for to the trouble of finding out :) Now I feel really lazy...

M

Miles_Binck

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]
heh well i dont have XP installed nor have i used it, i just checked up on the net for ways of accessing DM

It works on every version of Windows that is able to make use of the Windows Key

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom