Windows XP Accounts.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Guys,

One of the guys at my work was away on business; when he returned he found certain "changes" on his pc which he attributed to his kids.

1. His account is now labelled as "Owner" instead of previous "Administrator"

2. He can no longer see the "Accessories" group when he does Start --> All programs.

is there a simple little change that is required or has someone "buggered" it up?

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
I've been searching for a way to change the name of teh Admin account for ages, i've prettymuch exausted all the options in teh accounts menu.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
wyrd_fish said:
I've been searching for a way to change the name of teh Admin account for ages, i've prettymuch exausted all the options in teh accounts menu.
*ahem*

Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Advanced Tab -> Advanced -> select user from within 'users' folder -> right click -> rename

;)

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
mine seems to be stuck in dumb ass mode :(

how do i change it to propper mode

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
wyrd_fish said:
mine seems to be stuck in dumb ass mode :(

how do i change it to propper mode

:twak: thread hijacker :twak:

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Xavier said:
*ahem*

Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Advanced Tab -> Advanced -> select user from within 'users' folder -> right click -> rename

;)
-- Note this is different in XP Home. There's no way to change the users interface to that of "Professional", though there may be a way to rename accounts through the registry. Try searching http://www.theeldergeek.com.

Sorry Laz, end of hijak.

TheJkWhoSaysNi

One of Freddy's beloved
The easiest way to get there:

Click Start> Click on your user icon.

Click Back Twice.

Click "Change an account"

Click the account you want to change then click "Change my name".

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
You can rename guest and administrator in the local policy (start -> control panel -> admin tools -> local policy editor. It's under local policies -> security options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom