Windows Messenger!

Runis*

Fledgling Freddie
Hello, I've got windows XP and i've got windows messenger running on my computer permenently, i've tried closing it, and it says

''There are other applications currently using features provided by Windows messenger. You must close these other applications before you can exit Windows messenger. These applications may include Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer, and I.E''

I've nothing of the sort running, i've gone into the programe options and said don't run this programe when windows starts up, and it still runs the darn thing :) I've tried almost anything... Any idea how i can totally remove the silly thing....Thanks !

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I've a problem with MSN Messenger also, I've the newest version installed, but just can't seem to get rid of the version that comes with windows xp, it also doesn't show an icon on the task bar for it, altho its running.

Its getting quite annoying as it often signing me out of the new one and signing into the old version by itself, I've tried uninstalling it through add n remove, but even tho it says its not installed, it is.

I've also tried removing it from starting up with msconfig, but hasn't done anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Jaem- said:
I've a problem with MSN Messenger also, I've the newest version installed, but just can't seem to get rid of the version that comes with windows xp, it also doesn't show an icon on the task bar for it, altho its running.

Its getting quite annoying as it often signing me out of the new one and signing into the old version by itself, I've tried uninstalling it through add n remove, but even tho it says its not installed, it is.

I've also tried removing it from starting up with msconfig, but hasn't done anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. :)

go to start, programs, open the old msn messenger, the go to tools options and configure it not to sign u in automatically etc etc then close it, open the new msn messenger and have that log you in etc etc :p should work :)

Neea

Fledgling Freddie
Start -> Run..

copy&paste this :

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Neea said:
Start -> Run..

copy&paste this :

Pah, you beat me too it :-p - Had to do this 3-4 times this week :/ Too many people ask for my help.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Neea said:
Start -> Run..

copy&paste this :

wicked! many thanks! it worked. :D

<big hug!>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom