Windows ME (worth getting?)

O

old.Hoff_MisTer

Just a thought - I've got Windoze 98 Suckers Edition.
Is it worth upgrading to Windoze ME, even though I've upgraded to media player 7 and Internet Explorer 5.5

Please respond.
cheers

hmmm

O

old.bee

I wouldnt get it yet...my brother got it and some of his games now crash (ie: baldurs gate 2) even counterstrike crashes after a while...he also has problems with his mouse cutting out (he has intellieye)

nope Id wait, I certainly am

it you dont have any problems with win98se then it isnt worth it (if it aint broke dont fix it) but if you are having problems, ME will probably make it worse!

[Edited by bee on 10-10-00 at 20:21]

E

Embattle

If you have WIN98/SE and its working fine then don't get ME but if you're having problems then its worth giving ME a try.

S

shabazz

err nah, iv'e had it since about feb/march and it's a totall pile of poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i mean, 98 is bad enough at times..

O

old.~CP~

Windows ME: Not worth it

Windows ME is a total failure. Instead of adding things and building onto Windows 98 and Win98 SE it just makes the whole interface a little more "user-friendly," prettier and added a *FEW* more programs. Such as new Windows Media Player and some other stuff which BTW are still avalbile on Windows 98. So other than a few minor changes that are still avalible to us 98 gamers nothing new has come about. Play it safe and stick with Windows 98.

~CP~
----------------------------
"Defy the system!"
----------------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom