Winamp 3... sweet...

S

SFXman

It is not beta anymore and there are loads of absolutely gorgeous skins for it too. I love some of the new settings they have implemented... for example the way the songs fade into each other very nicely, not that harsh stop play effect in Winamp 2. Also you can have multiple playlists loaded which is very nice aswell... different playlist for a different mood :)
If you ask me 3 is superb... so smooth... even the default skin is nice.
www.winamp.com is now for Winamp 3... classic.winamp.com is for Winamp 2.
Try it if you haven't, great stuff.

EDIT: I mean look at the skin I am using... cool shit... this is a screenshot of mine.

coolshit.jpg

O

old.tRoG

i stopped using winamp when i got bored of waiting hours for an mp3 to download :p

but im downloading the new version now, i hope my version of audiogalaxy is up to date, i wanna download some mp3s nooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

[EDIT: Have they redone audiogalaxy or something? I search for something and find the list of songs, but nowhere can i download them. ho hum.]

S

SFXman

Audiogalaxy will disappoint you immensly in its current state :D
The only music you can get is the music that is actually GIVEN PERMISSION to be spread across it :)
So no more music from other people's harddrives. I am amazed by how KaZaa works these days... I use it to get everything I need.
This new Winamp is very nice, feature-wise even nicer. New skins will blow you away... I recommend this one:
http://www.winamp.com/skins/detail.jhtml?componentId=118111
Ooo it even had my comment on the page, hehe... review that is.

O

old.tRoG

tried that skin, its too complicated for my simple mind :)

so, whats the best mp3 site these days? :)

B

Brinx

Kazaa's still the best these days but Direct Connect is pretty nice if you have the time/patience to use the hub system.

O

old.tRoG

installing kazaa as we speak - it asked if i wanted to import my morpheus settings, i clicked no, is kazaa some easy to use version of morpheus?

havent used morpheus in ages either, i didnt even know i still had it instaled, lol

i miss my old winamp 2 skin, butterflyz

it was the best, slick, easy to use, and quite nice on the eyes too :)

C

[Cerebus]

Arrgghh....put Kazaa Lite on.

Kazaa installs loads of spyware and stuff which is a pain in the ass. Kazaa Lite doesn't do that and was developed by an angry user.

It's much better, trust me.

S

SFXman

HMm, the skin I have is very simple and nice, don't see how it can be complicated (although many others for winamp3 are). Oh well.... each has their own opinion but this one just.. kicks ass.

O

old.tRoG

ah yes, i've realised how to use it now ;)

i couldnt find out how to get the the File menu before ;)

you just right-click, doh! :m00:

all is well and im now using that skin... or will be until someone imports butterflyz onto winamp 3 :p

S

SFXman

Try the different color schemes for it... some are just very very nice. Options/Preferences/Color Themes, I am using the robot snowman... looks superb.

S

SFXman

I most certainly will not... I have one install file still on my computer that is totally corrupted somehow and if I do anything to it my computer freezes.
Delete in DOS... I have XP and nowhere to get a Win98 startup disk.

O

old.Odium

Didn't like it, went back to Winamp 2.8.

Feels too bloated/sluggish...slow...hard to describe.

O

old.Zepra

Maybe a tad slow, but I just can't resist the sweet looking skins :|

winamp_skin.jpg

O

old.Tohtori

Just loaded it and man...the quickbar preference popup screen is just yum!

O

old.tRoG

rajio2k is nice. blue is good :)

kazza is the warez machine... maybe i could download some movies during the night... and maybe the following morning. and the day after that.

bl00dy 56k.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom