Will we get an actual patch day date?

O

old.Revz

I don't know how many people are in a position similar to me but I would like to be able to book the 1.49 patch day off work so I don't have the frustration of reading all about it on the forums and not getting to play :) Hence is it possible for GOA to announce with a bit of notice which day they will be patching on? I don't know if it is or not but I can't be the only one wanting to book some time off work to enjoy it all as it happens.

Can anyone remember if we got advance warning of the patch last time or are they going to happen on regular days (like the Mythic ones each Friday or something)?

F

Flimgoblin

tip: book the day _after_ patch day :)

patch day on 1.45 was hell...

1.48 was nice though.. so mibbe....

I'm on holiday next week so hopefully it'll be then :)

C

[Cerebus]

Well the only official word is: 'before the 15th of August'.

Take that how you want......

O

old.tRoG

just quit work :p

youll never have to work on patch days 9duh) and you can play all day on other days.

problem solved!

of course, you might find it a touch hard to pay for your sub with no job...

B

bob_monkhouse

ah 15th of August BUT which year? Knowing GOA it might be next millenia

O

old.mattshanes

No dont quit work gideon the middies will try and take u!!! lol anyway i bet it will be here next week since u can already download half of it.

A

Alrindel

How can they set the final patch date until testing is finished? If they find no showstopping bugs, it will be soon. If they find something big and Mythic has to send new binaries, it will be later.

I'm sure as soon as they have set a definitive patch date, they will announce it on their web site.

S

Sionell

can i ask a REALLY stupid question...

how can you tell when the patch is being added?...... is it when you try to load the game and it begins updating files.....lots of files?

if so then i think i may be getting the patch now....started loading the game 15mins ago and its only updated 35% of the files so far...

:m00: :m00:

ok im an idiot...i just read a thread a bit further down and it says about some files being updated today....but that the patch will come l8r...:rolleyes:

/em slaps forehead and mutters "stupid, stupid stupid"

O

old.Revz

Originally posted by Alrindel
I'm sure as soon as they have set a definitive patch date, they will announce it on their web site.

All I want is Kemor to confirm that :) He doesn't have to say when it will be, just that GOA will say on their website a couple of days before it happens to give the none-students amongst us time to sort things out.

A

Alrindel

Well, they did give us nice warning on 1.45 and 1.48 via their web site... and they seem a lot better about giving us regular news updates now then they used to be, so I'm pretty confident that as soon as Patch Day is chosen, we will hear about it. ;)

J

Jupitus

Given the flames they would doubtless get if they posted a date and missed it, I'd be suprised if they put a date up until the testing is over... that said, I am sure they will post it as soon as they are sure of the date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom