Will we be able to buy Darkness Rising online?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
As it is often hard/impossible to get a hold of DAOC expansions in stores, will we be able to buy this expansion straight from the GOA webpages like we can with the current ones? I think you could buy DR directly from Mythic when it was released in the US, so it makes sense that we should be offered the same convenient method of buying it.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
As it is often hard/impossible to get a hold of DAOC expansions in stores, will we be able to buy this expansion straight from the GOA webpages like we can with the current ones? I think you could buy DR directly from Mythic when it was released in the US, so it makes sense that we should be offered the same convenient method of buying it.

DR was never published on stores at USA so im pretty certain it goes same way here.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
DR was never published on stores at USA so im pretty certain it goes same way here.

yeah, i doubt goa will be arsed to release it on CDs...

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
I hope it will be released both online and in stores. The DAOC Darkness Rising box in store can only bring new players who had never heard about DAOC before.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
if you have a look at the official DR page ( http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/DarknessRising/ ) you can clearly see a huge sign right in the top middle: "An expansion pack for characters level 30 and above"

That doesnt matter one bit. What he means is that exposure in stores is good for the game - that the expansion is geared towards 30+ has no relevance, as the reason for showing it in stores is for people to discover DAOC as a whole.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
There will be a box version according to the french forums (20€)

dr.jpg

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
That image looks gross o_O Look where the hand looking thing is.

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
they will prob release a boxed bundle version (like all other expansions) which will include DAoC + all other expansions + DR, then people *might* notice it in a store & buy it ^^

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
That image looks gross o_O Look where the hand looking thing is.

Wish they would actually use imagination not copying from those 500 other fantasy title boxes image :p

Surprised they go with boxed version too,thought they don't have do something else otherway than Mythic

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Just hope GOA handle the downloading of it slightly better. Considering Mythic released a torrent the day before the expansion was on the US servers, it would be nice if GOA gave us torrents of the expansion about a week before the launch.

It would give people plenty of time to ensure their download is fine, as well as give time for people to burn a CD/DVD for friends if they don't have broadband.

eble

Fledgling Freddie
you could even download DR now if you wanted just need someone from a US server with DR to post the US server patch address.

Make a copy of your daoc directory, connect to us patcher, download DR, then on day one Euro re-patch to euro version, I did the same with Catas.

Forgot to add I bought an online Catas licence and was able to play after a little re-patch.

either way I was online within 1 day, saved tryin to but a key code from a german over the phone :D

btw I play from South Australia so a store version would take me about two weeks to recieve.

Eble

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
the epic edition will be cool for sales.

Whats with the epic edition? And why do I feel an urge to buy it already just because it has the word epic in it?

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Epic is cool because it is DAOC going out into the shops, and it contains all the expansions. DAOC in the shops means people buying it, so we get more players. That's what he's referring to, I suspect. :)

Saying how nice DAOC is on this board is like preaching to the choir.

eble

Fledgling Freddie
I think I missed the actual question:

Catas was available as an online licence within a few days, I'm sure that we can download DR from the yanks have the acct rdy, buy online licence on day one be playing as soon as servers are up.

I paid 20 euro for the catas licence from some download company(was GOA referral), but ofc I never actually downloaded the game as I had catas installed and rdy to go from the yanks.

Eble

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Downanael said:

it depends on the so called "contract" GOA have with the publishers (or stores/whatever) that sells them here in EU. i hope to god GOA aint gonna go with that again but acually sell them at THEIR webpage so u know u can GET the damn thing!

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Since i cant find the expansion listed on the swedish webstore that usually sells daoc products (webhallen - or indeed in other stores such as cdon.com) yet i assume it wont be sold in stores. Only a month to go etc so they should have a preorder listing ready by now if they were gonna sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom