Will warhammer online borrow heavily from DAOC? well....

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Old Warhammer online
Warh05.jpg

moor-boogey.jpg

Daoc

Just found out that shot if from the developer that had the license BEFORE mythic, however, still pretty similer.

Actully this is so pointless it should have proboly been in Off topic, sorry

Gamah

Banned
I think this is the old warhammer..not the one mythic are doing..

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
afaik Mythic are doing total remake of warhammer, that is using nothing from what the previous designers had done.

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
pffft using nothing. bet they use EVERYTHING. why would they bother doing more work than the need, they will stick in DAoC type RvR and sit there saying how hard the job was. IMO that could be a good thing, cant w8 for WHO! (thats right im calling it WHO, maybe The WHO/Teh WHO. WHO>WOW)...

....Ill leave now :mad:

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
maybe they threw it in the bin cause it was garbage?

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
those pictures look shockly bland. To be honest if I was mythic I would start from scratch. Using and trying to understand someone elses code is extremely difficult, besides from what I've seen in them screenies - it needed to be scrapped :p

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
well as someone mentioned, "Squigs" on the first picture was invented before Mythic had even had a financial relationship with Gamesworkshop so its just pure coincidence, whether you want to belive it or not :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
mythic ditched the existing warhammer mmorpg and started again.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Following discussion on a forum where Marc actually posts the "sure" things are:

They trashed ALL the work did by the other developer and started from scratch.
There will be a 3 way rvr (ala Daoc):
Empire - Dwarves - High Elves (Alliance)
Dark Elves - Greenskins (Alliance)
Chaos (all 4 Gods it seems)
1st screenshots will be out March-April, at E3 they gonna demonstrate something already playbale (sort of Alfa release).

These are the forums

http://www.warhammeralliance.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=index&c=2&sid=2905c7957716065d271de4b84b5a113d

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
not sure if i like it.

I like DAOC over WOW cause its less hairy-fairy more stop and realistic. But WHO looks too realistic

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
mythic ditched the existing warhammer mmorpg and started again.

some of the ideas they had for the old warhammer online was pretty nice tho, the fact that you had to be 4 casters summoning a greater fireball or something, had potential :)

and im sure there will be something just as revolutionary about WHO so will deffo try it out :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Mythic said they would start work on Warhammer Online from scratch and scrap all earlier work when they started the project, so do not fear ;)

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Wasn't Sega who had WH before it got scrapped and given to Mythic?

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
ohh WH online *drowles*
i want a chaos warrior NOW
wonder if u can be a BT :)
wh sure brings back old memories from the table top gaming days

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
chaos is wayyy too fotm, just give me a vampire and ill be happy ;)....the good old ones with 4 wounds 7str 7toughness and 10WS :p

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
about the borrowing stuff
WH was way before both daoc and warcraft so many things u see in these games are actually stolen from WH in the first place. imo 90% of warcraft is a complete wh ripp-off :twak:
thou i think the game system will be much like daoc and we will se many simularities with both wow and daoc here, but remembered that the grafics and design comes from the table top game and have been on the market for very long time.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Ashala said:
chaos is wayyy too fotm, just give me a vampire and ill be happy ;)....the good old ones with 4 wounds 7str 7toughness and 10WS :p

hehe lucky they got nerfed :p way to op

and chaos are very cool indeed, have something that i havnt tried before

Mey

Part of the furniture
Hmm i wonder how closely they will follow the Lore? (aka - Chaos having zero missile weapons). Also is it just me or does anyone else thing that the Warhammer Roleplay world runs along side the 40k Universe, would explain some of the "power armour" like descriptions you get of some of the npc's in the game.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Mey said:
Hmm i wonder how closely they will follow the Lore? (aka - Chaos having zero missile weapons). Also is it just me or does anyone else thing that the Warhammer Roleplay world runs along side the 40k Universe, would explain some of the "power armour" like descriptions you get of some of the npc's in the game.

i hope they follow the Lore as its pretty balanced in the table top game, only thing thats bad is the lack of skaven, maybe they are using this race for GM´s as the original WHO planned to. Anyway its a piety as i always liked skaven for there ability to totaly wipe the opponent or wipe yourself (its pretty random :))

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Oboy said:
hehe lucky they got nerfed :p way to op

and chaos are very cool indeed, have something that i havnt tried before

a vampire lord on horse with :

flail of skulls
carstein ring
heart of woe

could practically take out an entire army single handedly :p

btw has anyone tried to play fantasy since they introduced the new codexs ?

Mey

Part of the furniture
We have, it runs alright, takes awhile to get used to though. (if your hardcore)

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
can't wait for this - i really really hope they dont screw it up

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Karl said:

What looks 'too' realistic about that? Imo that looks cartoonish compared to DAOC. A bit too cartoonish for my taste actually. I hope the next DAOC expansion has close to 'IRL' graphics with bloodshedding in it (like in the movies), now that would be awesome! :D

Even though it would demand some computer power, it'd be worth it, and those who don't like it can use their ToA or Cata/DR clients. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom