Fledgling Freddie
Players atm:
Albion:
5.022 (41.94%)

Hibernia:
2.833 (23.66%)

Midgard:
4.120 (34.41%)

Albion continue to grow, Hibernia/Midgard only survive duo to skilled players and good teamwork.

In Hibernia we have 5500 chars active, where albs have 10.000 Chars active?
Will this problem never be solved?

The RvR is kickin back in these days, but many hib's have experienced MANY encounters with Albions in large numbers. Actually hard to build and run a few runs without players leaving duo to zergs. Odins/hadrians is dead these days besides a few players XP'ing their artifacts. So only place left is Emain really for decent RP's.
But how should Mid/Hib's survive with those massive zergs going on 24/7 ? We do encounter a few 1fg vs 1fg, but since most Albs are Guardians and Warders they don't seem to survive long. Then they return with numbers bigger than I can count to outzerg us....
Then RvR grp's split and you can start building another grp?

With Artifacts zerging will be even more easily with Area chants/heals etc.

Why is it that Alb's run 2-5fg at a time?
In Hibernia people run 1fg, Mids aswell. WTF is wrong with albion then?

It's deff. not the classes. 1fg Albs can easily wipe another full group if they knew what to do.? :(

So If a Albion player would be kind to explain this zerging?

Would also like to hear other players point of view of this matter aswell.

(We build a full group, you build a Battlegroup of 40 people) :confused:

And yes, I'm a whining ebay newb flamin fledgling , Deal with it. :twak:

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
nothing wrong with albs, hibs and mids can do exactly the same thing if they want to. its just that albs want to do it and hibs/mids dont so they can whine here

Aliorm

Fledgling Freddie
Shhhh dont tell any tactic to those albs... :)

GoGoGo ALBS!!!! :wub:

PD: Lathoniel 4 PReSiDeNT! :kissit:

Neomancer

Fledgling Freddie
Re:

Why would we zerg around for a few Realmpoints a kill?
Worthless and waste of time really. Not how it's suppose to be done.

Check that other thread about gettin RP's for killed 1fg/zerging etc.

1fg vs 1fg shows the skills and how teamwork works.

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Neomancer said:
Not how it's suppose to be done.

are there any real rules for how its supposed to be done ?
you CAN zerg if you want, if you dont want to just start a group and get away from the rest of all the others. its all about what you want, and atm the albs that zerg want to zerg.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
The zergs have always been here.
Given some time my guild will be out in Odins again but we got some poeple on a break atm and with the whole TOA thing to do still :(

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Neomancer said:
Players atm:

Albion continue to grow, Hibernia/Midgard only survive duo to skilled players and good teamwork.

It's deff. not the classes. 1fg Albs can easily wipe another full group if they knew what to do.? :(

Tyka your such a noob

if you actually care to play in albion you'll know the challenges we face i.e. group set ups and the watering down of abilities throughout classes.

you'll also notice that we do not always have the luxury of certain abilities which hibernia and midgards has i.e. we can't afford to have Disease as one of our abilities due to the relative weakness of a bod cabalist.

you'll also notice that we can only afford two "healing" classes, whereas hibernia has 2 druids + bard + sometimes warden (4) and midgard has 2 healers, Pac healer, and shaman...

our clerics also have the least ability to defend themselves unless they spec smite for the shitty pbae mezz which they can't afford to do because as i mentioned we can only have 2 healing classes.

Friars don't have det and their healing ability is pathetic, like asking a shaman to be the main healer by only using friggs.

Our main CC is on a cloth wearer (ok i don't mind because i like my class) but most sorcerers find it extremely difficult to survive with only QC (2 SEC HARD CAPPED) as their only defence whereas bards + healers have an insta mezz (don't get me started on the offensive abilities)

Our PBAOE groups have much less utility than their counterparts in either hibernia/midgard due to the relative weakness of the wizard class (i.e. name an advantag eof theirs over a SM who has the highest dmaage pbaoe in game, as well as an intercepting pet - and the aoe castable stun which healer can offer)

ok thats a few whines.. but the good thing is tyka, even with all these weaknesses AD, NO, FC, BoB etc can all kick your ebay noobed ass

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Neomancer said:
Players atm:
Albion:
5.022 (41.94%)

Hibernia:
2.833 (23.66%)

Midgard:
4.120 (34.41%)

The RvR is kickin back in these days, but many hib's have experienced MANY encounters with Albions in large numbers. Actually hard to build and run a few runs without players leaving duo to zergs. Odins/hadrians is dead these days besides a few players XP'ing their artifacts. So only place left is Emain really for decent RP's.
But how should Mid/Hib's survive with those massive zergs going on 24/7 ? We do encounter a few 1fg vs 1fg, but since most Albs are Guardians and Warders they don't seem to survive long. Then they return with numbers bigger than I can count to outzerg us....
Then RvR grp's split and you can start building another grp?

With Artifacts zerging will be even more easily with Area chants/heals etc.

Would also like to hear other players point of view of this matter aswell.

There is an easy solution to your problems. To avoid alb zerg in Emain dont play in Emain twat.

Neomancer

Fledgling Freddie
Omg

Calaen said:
There is an easy solution to your problems. To avoid alb zerg in Emain dont play in Emain twat.

COuld you please read the thread before posting that?

Quote: "Odins/hadrians is dead these days besides a few players XP'ing their artifacts. So only place left is Emain really for decent RP's.
"

SO please? :twak:

Bellona

Banned
Neomancer said:

maybe you should try to read what Mythic wants daoc to be, they want it to be large scale battles, and the layout on skills, classes etc are based on that vision.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
if you actually care to play in albion you'll know the challenges we face i.e. group set ups and the watering down of abilities throughout classes
In spite of this the alb tank grp (2 mercs, 2 clerics, 1 minstrel, 1 paladin, 1 theurgist, 1 sorcerer) isn't worse than the hib or mid counterpart, I even risk to say, it's better.

About the alb pbaoe grp, yes, you are completly right.

Krane

Fledgling Freddie
Yet another useless zerg whine...

NOTHING will change if you whine about zergs on FH

You might as well stop doing it...

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
many albs are just used to the ever boring (at least in my eyes) join the alb cg, make a group with whoever is lfg and run with each other to where the spots enemies are located

some guilds/groups do try and go seperate but they're not too common compared to the zerging..

most of them have never been in a decent group and never experienced the thrill of a good fg vs fg fight, hence they aren't too keen on trying to make "perfect" groups

fyi, the majority of people (95% or more) that you bump into every night in emain, "the cg zerg" don't even read fh

Krane

Fledgling Freddie
Killerbee said:
In spite of this the alb tank grp (2 mercs, 2 clerics, 1 minstrel, 1 paladin, 1 theurgist, 1 sorcerer) isn't worse than the hib or mid counterpart, I even risk to say, it's better.

About the alb pbaoe grp, yes, you are completly right.

Oh really? its the same?

Do we have 4 healing classes also?
no.
Do we have 2 of our support classes in cloth with caster HP?
yes.

kk....

let the whine about bof and "insta-win" sos commence...

Neomancer

Fledgling Freddie
Krane said:
Oh really? its the same?

no.
yes.

kk....

Can't really say I know all your classes and setups 100%, but from LAN's the paste years I've seen albs grp's on US really beating everything down. And don't ask me for their Setups. But I think the diff. is that they know how to work as a team of 8. Not the Team of 40 running around lookin stupid.

And there's nothin wrong with Caster HP's ;)

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Cant whine about that now...since you are getting it in frontiers.
Wonder where the ''perfect'' Alb fg will be then?

Krane

Fledgling Freddie
Lets not compare us players to euro plz...just read VNboards..our check the "elite" guild movies....

Mate they farm whole emain with 6 man grps..and 2x 2h paladins as dmg dealers...

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
Wonder where the ''perfect'' Alb fg will be then?

fully buffed necros with all resists maxed and pets at lvl 50 and MoC that works on pets. oh and giv qc too so we can cast demezz faster

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Neomancer said:
Not how it's suppose to be done.

Your opinion. Please answer these questions.

Since when do you make the rules?
Since when did you write the CoC?
What input did you have with the Mythic design team?

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
And another idiot dragging the name Tyka into the pit of newbeenish :(
Such a shame..... :eek:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Neomancer said:

Check that other thread about gettin RP's for killed 1fg/zerging etc.

1fg vs 1fg shows the skills and how teamwork works.

Yeah such skill to press the /macro assist button, stick and sprint then pound away. Or stand in a box and spam pbaoe ;)

Remove assist to make the game a more skillful one!

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
Tyka your such a noob

if you actually care to play in albion you'll know the challenges we face i.e. group set ups and the watering down of abilities throughout classes.

you'll also notice that we do not always have the luxury of certain abilities which hibernia and midgards has i.e. we can't afford to have Disease as one of our abilities due to the relative weakness of a bod cabalist.

you'll also notice that we can only afford two "healing" classes, whereas hibernia has 2 druids + bard + sometimes warden (4) and midgard has 2 healers, Pac healer, and shaman...

our clerics also have the least ability to defend themselves unless they spec smite for the shitty pbae mezz which they can't afford to do because as i mentioned we can only have 2 healing classes.

Friars don't have det and their healing ability is pathetic, like asking a shaman to be the main healer by only using friggs.

Our main CC is on a cloth wearer (ok i don't mind because i like my class) but most sorcerers find it extremely difficult to survive with only QC (2 SEC HARD CAPPED) as their only defence whereas bards + healers have an insta mezz (don't get me started on the offensive abilities)

Our PBAOE groups have much less utility than their counterparts in either hibernia/midgard due to the relative weakness of the wizard class (i.e. name an advantag eof theirs over a SM who has the highest dmaage pbaoe in game, as well as an intercepting pet - and the aoe castable stun which healer can offer)

ok thats a few whines.. but the good thing is tyka, even with all these weaknesses AD, NO, FC, BoB etc can all kick your ebay noobed ass

First of all.. (new) Tyka.. why even bother making a post like this.. It has been done hundreds of times before without any significant change to the rvr climate.

If you want to find the source to the zerg problems you have to look at each realms randomgroups or none-hardcore rvr guilds (of whom the zergs usually consists of imo). Hibs and Mids can relatively easy get a decent randomgroup going by using (for hibs) druid+druid+bard and put almost anything else in group. Mids get a shammy and a couple of healers and add some kind of damagedealers and they are sorted. Albs on the other hand have to get more classes into their group to compete thus making the group-process take longer time etc. Because of this I believe they add what they can to the group, sometimes maybe leaving TK without healers and rely on their numbers instead. So the problem in my point of view is mainly the amount of classes the albgroup needs to get a solid ground to build the group around.

This is how I see it.. feel free to criticise/comment

AtomicBattleHamster

Fledgling Freddie
Let’s address your points 1 by 1:

Neomancer said:

So you're basically saying Albion actually has no skill due to its population size? Erm, sorry Einstein, but at least put your "research" into context (i.e. relating to your title of thread and RVR).

Your title is "will this zerging ever stop" and then point out that Albion has a higher population; it’s funny because in 2 years of playing DAoC, one thing I've learnt (I’ve played on MLF/Tristan yank servers too), is that ALL realms zerg, regardless of population. Sure having a larger population helps the actual scale of the said zerg, I don’t deny this, but it’s not down to, or the fault of, one realm in terms of the definition of a zerg.

Neomancer said:

It can't. You cannot force people to make a choice, the realms appeal to people for different reasons, it goes beyond generalist crap like "people pick Albion because they think it's an easier realm to play" or the like. I don't have any answers on population, neither does Mythic or Goa - it’s a trend that falls from server to server.

Neomancer said:
In Hibernia people run 1fg, Mids as well. WTF is wrong with albion then?

You're verging on the edges of stupidity with those statements, but....

Hibernia and Midgard don't just run as 1fg's - everyone knows that, depending on who's actually in RVR at the time, taking into account prime RVR times like evenings and weekends - RVR can be a tit-for-tat of zerging by ALL THREE realms.

Neomancer said:

Ok there are 3 realms. One called Albion (boooo !), one called Midgard and one called Hibernia. At a later stage in the game, each realm takes part in this event called "Realm versus Realm". The 3 realms fight it out and sometimes, a larger group of 1 realm kills a smaller group from another realm.
The smaller group, however, cannot accept that, they find it unfair that it was not their group who had the numbers advantage this time and they either get more friends to meet the new challenge or they come to Freddyhouse and make the 100000000000000000th post about RVR.

/sarcasm off

;)

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Krane said:
Oh really? its the same?

no.
yes.

kk....

Sure Krane, soz, we on Pry/Alb can't reach your highness :m00:

ui.: jo lenne ha kihuznad a fejed a seggedbol es nem rinyalnal es nagykepuskodnel allandoan :p

swords

Can't get enough of FH
yaruar said:
Yeah such skill to press the /macro assist button, stick and sprint then pound away. Or stand in a box and spam pbaoe ;)

Remove assist to make the game a more skillful one!

Its possible to assist without using the macro :) infact if your assist team is good they dont need it.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Neomancer said:
I'm a whining ebay newb flamin fledgling , Deal with it. :twak:

Dealt with and /dismissed.

Oh and if you want to know why Odins has no full groups roaming like it used to ask the 4fg hibs who were camping amg there Monday night. If they had tootled off to emain and fought the mid and alb zergs that were out there would have been a number of fg heading off to odins in search of 1fg fights. But guess its easier just to come on here and whine about the alb zerg again.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Yaemon said:
If you want to find the source to the zerg problems you have to look at each realms randomgroups or none-hardcore rvr guilds (of whom the zergs usually consists of imo). Hibs and Mids can relatively easy get a decent randomgroup going by using (for hibs) druid+druid+bard and put almost anything else in group. Mids get a shammy and a couple of healers and add some kind of damagedealers and they are sorted. Albs on the other hand have to get more classes into their group to compete thus making the group-process take longer time etc. Because of this I believe they add what they can to the group, sometimes maybe leaving TK without healers and rely on their numbers instead. So the problem in my point of view is mainly the amount of classes the albgroup needs to get a solid ground to build the group around.

This is how I see it.. feel free to criticise/comment

Pretty much the issue.

What some fail to understand is that the vast majority of players in this game, from all realms, do not belong to PvP Guilds, and don't have access to a fixed, optimum group.

To RvR, they have to form groups on the fly. This is usually from within their, non-PVP, Guild but also is often made at the PK from players in similar circumstances to their own.

PUGs in Mid are easy to put together. Can't say much about Hib as I haven't RvRd there to any great extent, but a Midgard PUG can do perform quite well. Yes, it will get rolled by an Alb PvP Guild Group but it will be able to perform very well against Albion PUGs.

For Albion players, assembling a balanced PUG is almost impossible. It is difficult to achieve a balanced group when you are in a good guild, let alone when you aren't. Add to that the fact that the clerics/sorcs that you get will be inexperienced and low RR and Albs have a big disadvantage. In a fight between PUGs instas rule.

To get around this, Albs run together. Both for protection from PvP Guilds and because the other realms simply have more tools available in a group.

This will only change when Albion groups are given the same concentration of tools/abilities as their Mid/Hib counterparts.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Like Angara said, it is indeed a shame to see Tyka being used by yet another fool.

Wasn't it the previous owner of Tyka who as all psyched up about getting RR10 (when in fact the amount of points he gained was the equivalence of RR5) and then promising each and everyone that RR11 was the next stop? Pfft.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Like Angara said, it is indeed a shame to see Tyka being used by yet another fool.

Wasn't it the previous owner of Tyka who as all psyched up about getting RR10 (when in fact the amount of points he gained was the equivalence of RR5) and then promising each and everyone that RR11 was the next stop? Pfft.

/wave belo

Welcome back from the wilderness :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom