will open beta char be there when the game goes live?

Eragan

Fledgling Freddie
so if i play the open beta, will i still have my char when the game goes live?

nick

Fledgling Freddie
It didn't happen on US OB, so I very much doubt it will happen on EU OB.

Stormforge

Fledgling Freddie
Why do people say there'll be a Open Beta.

How do you know this, for all I know that there'll be a Final Beta test and it's limited by cd-keys. Besides WoW rocks :m00:

P.S. All characters nutured and played with probably will be wiped so that the retail servers are clean for launch. It happened on the US servers. It will happen on the EU ones.

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
Stormforge said:
Why do people say there'll be a Open Beta.

Because the vast majority of MMORPG's use open beta's to atract new customers and as a final stress test for their servers and networks.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Its unlikely Blizzard will confirm this either way until the last possible minute.

In the (unlikely) event that beta chars are carried over to release servers theyll say in advance - since it would encourage people to play more, providing a better stress test for servers, etc

Most likely theyll say nothing, ignore all questions about it, and announce just as the beta servers are being taken down that all chars will be wiped. Thats exactly what they did in US.

Would make sense to have chars from the final 'open' (ie preorder) beta be carried over to live servers: itll only be a very short period of time (a week or so) but would help reduce the overcrowding in the noob areas in the first few days. Problems with that are so bad on US servers that there are queues to even get to login - hardly a good start for what will be many peoples first experience of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom