Question Will online take over?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I read about this a few years ago.

I don't think it will happen for at least a couple of generations to come.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I tried this out a while ago and thought it was rubbish. Maybe in 10-20 years time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Key element; online.

Without wireless perfect networks on all computers, online is a hinder to gamers who want to solo.

Even still, some prefer to keep their internet away from games, or indeed their console games, so there's always a market for homebased non-net gaming.

That being said ofcourse; this is a welcome addition to gaming and with more evolution can become a norm like a PC/xbox/yada.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It may well be crap initially but I reckon this is the way computing will go.

All you will need is a screen with internet access

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I agree that gaming will eventually reach that level of only needing a net connection a screen and a controller of some sort. But its along time away yet.

Net speeds need to increase with lower costs and better connectivity than is present. Unless you are on a Virgin high speed connection or sat right on top of an exchange, the latency will cause problems with the way the graphics look and how well you can play a game. It might not be so bad for Single player but multiplayer would be unplayable.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yah, in a few years when pretty much everyone in the UK has at least 100mb speeds, it will kill the console, no doubt about it.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Christ I hope not. It's annoying enough having to be connected to the internet just to play some games atm.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
All you will need is a screen with internet access
I'd rather own something than rent it. We give up too much control over most things in our everyday lives by having to rent them, games is a stupid idea.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's heavily flawed currently and the tech isn't good enough.

Possibly in the future, but like people say - broadband infrastructure, PC configurations etc are going to limit this massively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom